PDA

View Full Version : Computes and MPEG's Help plz!!!

Dirtcrasher
02-18-2003, 01:22 PM
I just downloaded a bike crashing video for 35 mins. As it buffered it played little drops of the video (which normally happens) then it got to the end and started downloading the whole file again with no error message, but the file I originally completed downloading was gone and had never fully played?? This has happened before?? Most times I click on a video it downloads the same way and then I can play the whole thing. I also tried another one which completed correctly but then it had only sound and an error message of something like "unable to load suitable compressor" or something, now this one was an AVI and the screen it was downloading onto was a Win Media player, is that why?? And lastly sometimes downloading will either never start or freezes?? Be advised that I have not messed with any settings and they are most likely default, I'm at medium security.Thank you for any help!

Kilborg
02-18-2003, 02:14 PM
to avoid this simply save the file to your harddrive beforehand. Right-click and a menu will come up for the movie (make sure its not just a link to the download page) and select save target as: and a popup menu will come up for where the file is to be saved.

Dirtcrasher
02-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but you need to buffer (download) 100% before you can save it to anywhere aaye? It got to 100% and when right back down to 0% again? Thanks again!

86waterpumper
02-19-2003, 12:05 PM
sounds like you are missing a video codec that is required to play the file, so when it is done, it can't play and tries again. As there are so many of them, I usually just download a whole codec pack like the nimo one, this will allow you to play about any format you run across, such as divx, mpeg4, indeo etc etc...