PDA

View Full Version : Stunts/tricks gone wrong?

Somekindofjerk
10-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I like to here stories of how people have tried things they know they shouldnt have. Anyone got a good one? best i have is riding a bike down a large hill by my house a while ago and smashing into a stop sign at the bottom wraping myself around it. Hurt for weeks and totalled the bike!

short4stuff
10-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Ha I've done a few things..
But I just heard something about my friends friend, last night.. well a few weeks ago he was at a bmx comp, and i guess he tried a 360 something maybe superman or something.. anyways he didnt get his feet back on the pedals, and smashed his face on the bars... Guess he lost 3 of his front teeth, and I guess one tooth that came out the root was like an inch long

Not too good. sounds like it hurt.. Guess he's eating baby food and drinking from a straw now.

Huffa
10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Only thing I ever did that was funny is I tried to go up a small hill to my neighbors yard with the riding mower and couldn't get quite enough traction to make it all the way up so I back down and took another shot at it and at the part where I knew the wheels would start to spin I leaned waaaaay back on tractor and it got too much traction, did a wheelie and I flipped it over backwards right on top of me, almost.

Luckily it is only a 12 horse Murry that didn't weigh too much so I used my feet to eject it off of me as it was coming down on me. If the neighbors across the street were watching it must have been one funny sight to see. I know I would have laughed.

My brother went riding with me and used my 4 wheeler and as he started up a huge hill I thought, Man, what the hiell is he thinking , he's never going to make that with no momentum and of course he flipped it over and it lasnded back on it's wheels, went flying down the hill just missing a few trees and stopped and sat there idling waiting for him to come down and hop on again. :lol:

It was almost like it was mocking him saying "Learn to ride me, you arse"!

Somekindofjerk
10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Lol its funny now but im sure at the time it hurt allot! all the new mowers are split differential so that they prevent this event!

Rm250RF900R
10-22-2005, 11:00 AM
haha speaking of tractors. My friend did the samething. Except this was on a 1960 something wheel horse with a 8hp briggs and stratton. We used to do crazy stuff with this tractor in the woods. But the rear tires were bald. So we found some nice big knobby tires that fit perfectly. So we were driving it around and we found this slanted rock with a clearing on top. So my friend goes up it. Not knowing how much traction it was going to get with these new tires on it. All of a sudden it hooks up and the tractor flips over backwards. It lands on top of him still running and it was still in gear. This was a 250+ pound tractor on top of my 140 pound friend. I was surprised he didn't break his neck. Anyways, I flip the tractor off of him and it was still running. That thing was built like a brick **** house. He was shooken up but not hurt. It was so funny but scary at the sametime. Man, do I miss that tractor.

Another story. It was raining out one day and this kid came over. He said "you want to go riding". I said sure. So we went out in the woods and got bored. He said " you want to go to the pits". I said sure why not. So we went to the train tracks (dumb idea :crazy: ). He took off fast so I tried to keep up. (This is on my RM250 and at the time the back tire was completely gone) So 4th gear pinned the back tire slides out from underneith me. I nailed the rail road with my collar bone snapping it in two, my helmet flies off, my grips completely ripped off my handle bars and my shoes fall off. After rolling 200 feet I finally stopped. I got up, realized my collar bone is broken. Tried to lift my bike off the tracks and my friend comes back and tells me to get up. By this time my right arm was burning bad and I was dillusional. It was funny because at the hospital I couldn't stop laughing. I think I went into shock. 3 weeks later I was riding again.

smokinwrench
10-22-2005, 11:38 AM
My best crash

A bunch of us from this site were at little sahara. CHAINSAW, Instintz, and I were jumping a big dune. We kept going further and further. CHAINSAW had the longest jump and I couldn't allow that. I hit that dune in 5th WOT on my 85R. We stepped it off and I landed 76 feet out. I turned the trike sideways in the air and barrel rolled down the hill. It broke 2 tires off the beads, broke rear plastic, both rad shrouds, handle bars, and roughed me up very badly. I limped for a couple months after that crash.

smokinwrench
10-22-2005, 11:40 AM
About 10 minutes before that crash, I was ridng a high speed wheelie. I went from wheelie to endo/stoppie/crash in aobut 1/10 of a second. I think what happened is I hit the front brake by accident to bring it back down after nearly going over backwards.

I think maybe I should have had less to drink that day.:beer :beer

Somekindofjerk
10-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Now that is the worst day i have ever heard... did the r stall after fliping like that?

Banage
10-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Was on a trail woth a buddy. Both of us on trikes, and i went first, to see if it was going to kill us, and i made it, so i told him watch that rock, turn right, then left. As he went down he didnt turs, started to flip sideways, and jumped off, but there was a hill on the other side, the trike followed him off it and the handle bar went through the goggle'less halmet and split open hie lip.

I was riding behind 2 people, and a trail i never rode on before, and 2:30am cant see except the light, and i saw them leaning, so i leaned, and hit the gas the trike grabbed the snow ad fliped over, rolling us down a 40 foot death ride, trike landing on my helmet, first time i ever wore one, and a sware to ever since. we tied it to a tree to keep from going the other 300 feet, and got a 4x4 wheeler and pulled it up piviting off a tree. Could of drove it home but the chain came off the spricket.

smokinwrench
10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Somekindofjerk]Now that is the worst day i have ever heard... did the r stall after fliping like that?[/QUOTE

I don't know about that. I was having fun and drinking beer. I rode after that on a spare machien I took down just not that fast.

Yes the R stalled but, it started back up and I rode it to camp.

honda200
10-24-2005, 10:47 PM
on my very first bmx bike, that i got from the dump, and fixed up with dump bike parts, i was hitting my buddies ditch, its one of those ones where if you hit it in the right spot, it will shoot you out and you can land on the other side of his drive way, i was thinkin, COOL!

first time i try it, not goin full out, made it about halfway, ok, i can do this fine, 2nd time, giving it all i got, wouldnt luck have it that just on the last pedal before coasting to the "jump" the one pedal breaks off (litterally broke off) and i got shooting up about 5 feet into the air, with one foot on a pedal and the other one dangling in the air.

Well, i landed on the other side of his driveway, and when i landed i broke the down tube on the bike, right on the weld too.

I took that bike back to the dump that day and found another one, this time it was a 1987 Dyno Detour freestyle bmx, it was my favorite ride until i retired it last summer...

Curtis