PDA

View Full Version : Computers again, yes I know this isn't Microsoft!

Dirtcrasher
02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
What are Newsgroups?? I signed onto them in my mail today and they list a boatload of topics. But some have text and then "CFKGGUIYGFUYGUYGFRTDUISG&*4^%S*^%SGUVSJUYGSUYG" HUH???? Some of them said video clip Carey Hart film1 part2, but I saw nothing to download or no where to go?? How do you use them, and whats their purpose?? Thank you!

ATCRYDER
02-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Newsgroups are the stone age predecessor to Message Boards, which are operated by eMail.

Rob

Dirtcrasher
02-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Cmon now a little more info plz. Call it old just like me or my ATC but I've seen some interesting things there. I just have no idea what the hell I'm doing?? or how to do it, Thanks!

ATCRYDER
02-18-2003, 10:14 PM
you use the reply button on your email program to reply. =0)

as for downloads......I wouldnt download off a newsgroup. Youve got no idea what moron is on there spreading viruses. To get a downlaod, you would look to the "attachments" part of the message.

als250
02-19-2003, 03:15 AM
Hey Rob, What is " =0) "? :?

Al

Dirtcrasher
02-19-2003, 11:00 AM
I must be lost. I found a Carey Hart video in the messages. It's like ten seperate messages. Each one is like Carey Hart section1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. All small parts of the movie you have to put together. But there is nowhere that has "attachment" or anyway to open these - this is why I'm asking for help. I don't want to reply, I just want the movie!! I just need someone who has used these things? Thanks again!