PDA

View Full Version : I would blow my cool on this deal if I won!

Huffa
10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
MAN this would PISS ME OFF !!!!!

Take a look at this BMX bike, it looks absolutly beautiful doesn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7191487121&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was all ready to make a bid on it and thought I'd better just email him and get a few close up shots since he said it is fine too do so. i was all calm thinking I have no worries and then get 4 oictures of the bike with nicks all over the dang thing ! :mad: :mad:

I mean they are so bad it looks like two different bikes. I do give him credit for stating about emailing foe close ups but still think it's a sneaky way to get around hiding all those nicks! He states it has a few scratches but doesn't mention one word about the nicks. I most definitly would of blown my cool upon pick up of it! Believe me, it's even a lot worse in the pic's I have since they are a lot larger.

This is exactly the kind of selling that really turns me off! I really wasn't even going to ask for larger pic's but sure am glad I changed my mind and look what it's at right now! I think if everyone knew how it really looked it wouldn't be even close to tha amount. This pic here still doesn't help much in showing the nicks, it really is bad!

twgranger
10-26-2005, 10:12 PM
What is wrong with it??

ScottZJ
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a snipe on that one but will end it for you. lol

I actually have a nice 87 Detour too. Pics of bikes are really hard to judge. I know the haro FST I got was alot worse than I thought too.

twgranger
10-26-2005, 10:21 PM
You must have good eyes because i don't see alot of chips, maybe 1 or 2.

Huffa
10-26-2005, 10:30 PM
You must have good eyes because i don't see alot of chips, maybe 1 or 2.

:lol: 1 or 2 :lol: :lol:...... I'd say there is a good 50-100 at least if you counted everyone. Pictures are really decieving and that's why the 185 I have on right now has nice honest close ups. I'd be a hypocrite talking about this guy and then pulling the same stunt with my own items!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4584641638&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Like I say the pics must be large and you'll see nicks EVERYWHERE! I don't trust anyone any more that posts far away pictures. The pedals are really butcherd up too, paint is off the brake assemblys, wheels are not near as clean as they seem.

It honestly looks like the far away pictures were from when it was close to new.

If you really want to see just how bad it is, either email him or PM me with your email address and I will forward what he sent me to you.

I'm bummed because I wanted that bike soooo bad! :cry:

Huffa
10-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I have a snipe on that one but will end it for you. lol

I actually have a nice 87 Detour too. Pics of bikes are really hard to judge. I know the haro FST I got was alot worse than I thought too.

There not hard at all with todays cameras, i think what is hard to judge is the honesty of the seller!

Your detour "looks" great! Close up shots?? :lol: :lol:

Is that the exact same bike as the ebay one? Color and everthing?

I'm curious if the seller will email me back again because I got quite upset with him. I really pitty the guy that buys that if he didn't take responsibility to ask for larger pic's. he's in for a BIG surprize! :rolleyes:

ScottZJ
10-27-2005, 07:10 AM
I believe that is an 85-86 model Detour. Mine is an 87-88 model. They changed the color blue to a lighter shade in the later years. You can also see the sticker has changed also. As far as close up pics, I really dont have any super close ones at all. I always wanted to get the complete bike in the pic.;)

Rm250RF900R
10-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Looks like that guy has crashed that bike one to many times. Look below the seat. It's all chipped. Pedals are all messed up. I guess you could expect that though because it is a 17+ year old bmx bike. But for $164.00, I dont think so.

NICKG
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
wow my hutch prostar must be worth some $....i know my pl20 carrera2 is

mbg75
11-09-2005, 09:54 PM
my buddy has an all black dyno freestyle from back in the day. was a special edition. maybe he'll sell it!

firefirefire90
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
ill sell ya my dyno! lol its all chrome...early 90s? VFR with the Train Steel and all that. Got it at police auction fer 30 bucks! betcha its now worth at least 100

Meat-BoX
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
The Redline I bought looked great then when I got it it was all nicked up. Was a nice bike though, great for BMX

Dammit!
11-13-2005, 10:51 AM
He revised it based on your feedback so I guess he can't be all bad.

Mike Fort Laud
11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
I had the same bike when I was younger. Back when the freestyle bikes were new. Mine was lime green. I let my girlfriends brother borrow it and that was the last time I saw it.

hrc85250r
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
i have a mid eighties freestyle BCA "hatter" or something...looks just like those with the big handlebars and everything, but it has peg mounts on the forks and some crazy "plates" to stand on in front of the rear dropouts....its about that color of the one on ebay too....