PDA

View Full Version : CR500 into ATC250R

1bad450r
10-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Lookin to go ahead with this swap. I know there are a couple other people on here that have done it, anyone know what mods I will be looking at doing to make this motor fit in the frame? Will I have to buy new electrical or will the exsisting stuff work? Will the 250R radiator be enough cooling for the big 500? If not what should I look into getting? Also a buddy of mine that does alot of metal fabing offered to take my stock swing arm and stretch it out, maybe like +4. Is that smart or would it be better to just buy an aftermarket swing arm? Thanks for any input. I just want to know what im gonna be getting myself into here time and money wise.

petesatc
10-28-2005, 06:34 AM
welcome to the forum..:welcome: ..if you do a search there quite a few threads which will answer many of your questions.....:D

1bad450r
10-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. It seems like everyone used the CR500 frame and fabed the front end of the trike on it and swing-arm. I dont want to do that. I have the trike already and I just want to stuff the CR500 engine into it. I blew the 250 engine recintely so what better opportunity than this to stuff something bigger in. Any info on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Billy Golightly
10-28-2005, 06:42 PM
KASEY, here on the forum built a 500R using the 250R frame. Your best bet is to talk to him. I used the CR frame myself. I'm planning on sometime though building another one using the 250R frame and chassis for flat tracking.