PDA

View Full Version : Went north and I couldn't believe it!

ATC crazy
02-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Well, I just got back from Upstate NY last night. Wow...You guys still have a lot of snow. I was up there for christmas when you got 2 feet and you have around 3-4 feet now. This past weekend I went snowmobiling w/ my uncles and the snow was over the fences, so we were literally riding over fences and gates!! It was awesome. And man...Those things are fast :shock: I was in an open field and I started at 1 end and got up to about 95mph in 5 seconds before having to slow down for trees!! I trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro-you-not. I dont know the model but it was green, sporty, not a cruizer, and Im guessing about 600cc...mabey a 700cc twin. I think its a '99. :? Anyways, we got snowed in on Monday with an extra foot of snow and since we had to travel down I-81 through MD and PA, we stayed another day. So, My uncle took me smowmobiling on Monday and I rode his Poo-laris 500 Formula. It was a fun trip. I would give anything to have the snow you get. :( Here in VA we got about 3" and schools have been shut down for 3 days now. :-P :-P Keep the snow coming!!

ATC crazy
02-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Oya...I won $100 in the Daytona 500 pool. Im rich now...yeah right ;)

als250
02-19-2003, 02:43 PM
$125.00 here!! :shock: Not rich, but (new-200x) frt. fender and (used-250sx) on/off/headlight switch (broke both at last Badlands trip) :twisted: and (new-200x) chrome reservoir guard for SX on the way!! :D

Al

Trikeaholic
02-19-2003, 03:13 PM
hang on there, then who is the guy from VA posting all the extreme snowmobile pics?? I guess those are the Appalachin mountains, but it looks like it could be the Rockys! Here, we dont get JACK for snow, but this year is an exception, probably because I sold my sled!

ATC crazy
02-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Yeah, who says gambling never pays off ;) Dosen't it always work that way...As soon as you sell a snowmobile/4x4 it snows like crazy and you wished you had it again.

ATCkrazy
02-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah sleds are fun, my 1983 moto-ski Mirage special has a rotax 377 twin cyl/twin carb and I've had it up to 80mph, but today it was like 40F so I dont think this snow will last much longer, but thats o.k. Im starting to miss 3 wheeling!

Tri-Z_Jim
02-19-2003, 09:53 PM
WHere in upstate NY did you go?? Anything north of NY city is considered "upstate ny",and alot of NY has several feet of snow now :) I'm an hour & 1/2 from I 81.
Green sled musta been an Artic cat. My sled tops out 35 mph and it takes about a minute to get there.
Trikeaholic< How much snow do you have up there?

kwit
02-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Yea the snow over here in rochester is starting to melt at a steady pace now so i think ill have my 200x in time for spring. For all u guys in upstate ny id like to know if any of u know any good junk yards or anything like that like places to find parts and ect around here? I found a guy that runs Vans ATV and hes helped me out alot with parts and such. Do u guys know any smaller dealers with parts around the rochester area? id like to see sumthing like that posted.

ATC crazy
02-20-2003, 09:43 PM
I was in a little town of Norwich...About an hour or so north of Binghampton on Route 12. They've had 3' of snow since christmas and got another foot or more on Monday. I think my uncles sled was an Arctic Cat now that I think more. He said he got it up to around 120mph according to the speedo. and I believe him. :shock: Hes REAL big into the sport.

zsully
02-26-2003, 03:48 PM
you guys still havent seen the real upstate ny i live in star lake ny. its about an hour from canada. our town is a sled town in the winter. thats the only way the bussiness make there money in the winter.