YAMAHA_Jim
11-06-2005, 08:15 AM
"yeah boss,We had a small problem with the crane" lol

twgranger
11-06-2005, 08:28 AM
That's fake right????

mywifeknowseverything
11-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Thats just your typical Yahoo mistake....

Wrong Angle and Extenstion for the Load..There should have been Bells and Whistles going off in the cab though and Hydrolics should have quit working...If all the proper Safty Equipment was working....:p

mywifeknowseverything
11-06-2005, 09:11 AM
:welcome: :banned: :D :pics: :naughty: :beer :crazy: :) :rolleyes:

md1985250r
11-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Operator error. Like mywife said the bells and whistles would have been going nuts. He overrode the computer .:crazy: :crazy:

Jeffro33
11-06-2005, 10:08 AM
That is real. I have seen that happen before but not on a house just on a construction site. The bells on whistles go off and they are loud. More than likely nobody was around the crane and a big gust (microburst)of wind came by tipped it over.

mywifeknowseverything
11-06-2005, 10:21 AM
That is real. I have seen that happen before but not on a house just on a construction site. The bells on whistles go off and they are loud. More than likely nobody was around the crane and a big gust (microburst)of wind came by tipped it over.

I doubt that.....When you leave for the night you can leave your Boom in the air with no load....If you have a load on you can't leave your Seat....And you cant work a load with more than 15 MPH winds.....so on Windy days or Chances of Gusts of Winds....We dont work with the Cranes...Might be different in the Private industry though...:lol:

Again,,,Operator Error:banned:

md1985250r
11-06-2005, 10:26 AM
In the state of Md , you cannot leave your boom extended when the crane is not in use. And the operator cannot leave a load unattended. Big fines by O S H A !! The wind restraints are not that rigid though. We work our cranes in winds up to 30 -35 depending on which crane it is. We own about a dozen lattice boom tower cranes and several hydraulic " squirt booms". GREG

SAY IT WITH ME " OPERATOR ERROR"!!

mywifeknowseverything
11-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey Greg....Have you had to go through that Federal Crane Testing yet....????

As of June 1 of this yr everyone in the USA has to have a CERT..

I work for the Gov. Side of things so this Stuff has to happen for us...Just curious how the Private Sector is coping with it???

250rAL
11-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Looks like the right time for a grease-around on the undercarriage :lol:

YAMAHA_Jim
11-06-2005, 12:38 PM
I dont know if its real or not. I came across it and figured I'd post it up for everyone to see.

mywifeknowseverything
11-06-2005, 12:39 PM
See what you Started!!!!!:lol: :beer

Rm250RF900R
11-06-2005, 01:48 PM
That must of been a heavy load.

Cody
11-06-2005, 01:54 PM
OHHHHHH YEAH. Id hate that to be my house...

md1985250r
11-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey Greg....Have you had to go through that Federal Crane Testing yet....????

As of June 1 of this yr everyone in the USA has to have a CERT..

I work for the Gov. Side of things so this Stuff has to happen for us...Just curious how the Private Sector is coping with it???

Yes. All of our crane operators are certified. Greg

Banage
11-06-2005, 09:35 PM
jeese. Can you say oops

Bill X_R
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I can never tell on those photoshop pics...but I guess the question to ask is what in the world would you need that kind of crane for in a residential neighborhood????

Billy Golightly
11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I can never tell on those photoshop pics...but I guess the question to ask is what in the world would you need that kind of crane for in a residential neighborhood????

Car musta accidently rolled off into someones swimming pool or something? :lol: :D

3 weelin geezer
11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
It doesnt matter how many certs and licenses and permits and what not that you have. It just takes one AWWW, [YOU KNOW WHAT]!! to make it a bad day.

OldSchoolin86
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I've used them to pull pumps on the other side of buildings. There's a lot of reasons like that a crane could be used.

bigredhead
11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
" Here you go ms. ward.. your new Thermo-Spa !! " hope you like it ! "

Bill X_R
11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I've used them to pull pumps on the other side of buildings. There's a lot of reasons like that a crane could be used.

Ok? so you need the size crane for the reach? or for the weight? I'm somewhat of a pump guy myself. Not saying it isnt so, but out of curiosity what in the world would be the use for a pump/motor that big in someones back yard that would tip over a beast like that.

md1985250r
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
First of all, that is no "beast".LOL That is a little baby crane.Maybe a pump for a pool or hot tub . I can see where a pump for a pool could easily need a crane to lift it up.I dunno. Maybe they were lifting a pool into place , hard to say. I have seen cranes that are much bigger tip over too. And it aint pretty.

GREG

It appears to be a 50 ton Grove. Believe it or not they cannot pick up alot of weight a long distance away .Especially over the side like he is. I am guessing here because I dont have the load charts in front of me but I think that machine is only good for like 2000 lbs @ 85- 100'.

Bill X_R
11-07-2005, 08:09 PM
That thing is only good for 1 ton???? Once again I'm amazed by things that seem to be so different!

md1985250r
11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
That thing is only good for 1 ton???? Once again I'm amazed by things that seem to be so different!

85-100 feet away from the machine .(again I am just guessing at the load chart. I could be and I am probably off somewhat. I will check on the load charts tomorrow). The actual capacity of the crane is 50 tons or 100,000 lbs.That would be a MAX LIFT, and would have to be done in EXTREMELY CLOSE PROXIMITY to the machine.

Look at the picture this way.... the front yard looks to be about 40-45' . Add to that the width of the house , I would say at least 20' + the porch 8-10'. You are looking at at least 70 -80 ' just to clear the house. Add to that the weight of the lift and whatever additional distance from the rear of the house and you got yourself what we call a situation.

OldSchoolin86
11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Ok? so you need the size crane for the reach? or for the weight? I'm somewhat of a pump guy myself. Not saying it isnt so, but out of curiosity what in the world would be the use for a pump/motor that big in someones back yard that would tip over a beast like that.
A little of both, like md1985250r said, there isn't much pulling power left when you're extended out like that. If you have a deep well with say a 600' pump set and it's in the back yard with no access, you'd use a crane. I typically would use one in more of a commercial situation but it happens in residential from time to time. IMO, in that pick they would have been better off with a little smaller machine that could have drove on the driveway and avoided a lot of that reach.

AirManCam
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Looks like their getting a new house..eh?

Blown 331
11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
A little of both, like md1985250r said, there isn't much pulling power left when you're extended out like that. If you have a deep well with say a 600' pump set and it's in the back yard with no access, you'd use a crane. I typically would use one in more of a commercial situation but it happens in residential from time to time. IMO, in that pick they would have been better off with a little smaller machine that could have drove on the driveway and avoided a lot of that reach.

Are you saying people have 600 foot deep wells at their houses? That is insane. I bought an older house in the country and the well is only like 90 feet! I guess that might be why the water sucks? It's high in iron. I have a softener and greensand filter but it's hassel and expensive to keep up with that. I think I'm gonna put the 06 450R and the 350X on the back burner and hook up to city water first, that is gonna cost me about $3000 or maybe a little more. It would be more but I have a backhoe. Since you aparently work with wells do you have any suggestions on this? Split this into a new thread or PM me if you come up with anything.

OldSchoolin86
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Are you saying people have 600 foot deep wells at their houses? That is insane. I bought an older house in the country and the well is only like 90 feet! I guess that might be why the water sucks? It's high in iron. I have a softener and greensand filter but it's hassel and expensive to keep up with that. I think I'm gonna put the 06 450R and the 350X on the back burner and hook up to city water first, that is gonna cost me about $3000 or maybe a little more. It would be more but I have a backhoe. Since you aparently work with wells do you have any suggestions on this? Split this into a new thread or PM me if you come up with anything.
Residential wells can be anywere from 30ft to 1200ft, it's kind of up to mother nature. The same goes for the hardness of your water. You can have one 90ft well that make water good enough to bottle and then you can have another that makes you want to sell your house!

PM sent on the rest. ;)

Rm250RF900R
11-10-2005, 11:05 AM
1200 ft! Now that is deep. Picture the empire state building underground. Wouldn't want to fall in that well.

bigredhead
11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I need to hook up city water as well.. my well water sucks.. hard as nails and PH is thru the roof... ph = 9.2 and PPM 450 !!!

I have to get water from the neighbors to top off my fish tank.

darrel632
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Bad water? 456 feet deep no chance for town water. methane, iron, copper, coal, less than 3 gal/min sustained flow. PH 8.6, ppm solids 390, the water (well, methane)flowing into the cistern burns (no ****) with a match beside it, water treatment--- 3000 gal cistern prestrained through iron eater, water softener, cloride solids diffuser, we can't drink it --not fit for human consumption according to the health unit, bathing and dishes only. (RO and UV installed this year, H2O now fit for use if boiled!!!). pump gets pulled every year for cleaning using a tandem water drill rig - pump replaced every 4-6 years due to severe corrosion (coal & iron oxide) We haul 20l bottles of water for drinking, coffee, etc. The garden turns white with alkali if we don't filter before using it and this is reasonably normal for this area. all the lakes and surface water have blue/green algea that kills dogs, cats, humans even wipes out the fish once in a while.
Not sure what bad water is, lots of the old people around here drink the water and say its fine, not me, I want my teeth and stomach.

Darrel

OldSchoolin86
11-11-2005, 05:47 PM
1200 ft! Now that is deep. Picture the empire state building underground. Wouldn't want to fall in that well.
The deepest well I've seviced was 2100ft. The deepest in the world is 40,229ft!:eek:

Bad water? 456 feet deep no chance for town water. methane, iron, copper, coal, less than 3 gal/min sustained flow. PH 8.6, ppm solids 390, the water (well, methane)flowing into the cistern burns (no ****) with a match beside it, water treatment--- 3000 gal cistern prestrained through iron eater, water softener, cloride solids diffuser, we can't drink it --not fit for human consumption according to the health unit, bathing and dishes only. (RO and UV installed this year, H2O now fit for use if boiled!!!). pump gets pulled every year for cleaning using a tandem water drill rig
Now that's the ugly side of wells! I knew a guy that burnt his face on the job using a lighter to look down a well, methane got him good. Methane in wells isn't too common but some areas get it good. I'm supprised about the tandom axle drill rig, your well isn't that deep. Must just be what the company has, I could pull that with ease using the hoist on my pick-up truck.

What do you suppose is left in the water after the RO that you have to boil it?

darrel632
11-12-2005, 07:28 PM
The well cavitates mud and coal all the time, they literally have to wash the pump out of the well because of the crap formation its in. A water well rig drilled a 2500cfm methane well about 3 miles from where I live in a 36 foot coal vein burned the driller and helper bad - they ended up putting the well into production on an LP coal bed methane project 4 years ago and it's still flowing.

elemental sulfur is making it through the RO its supposedly not harmful, but it stinks bad

YAMAHA_Jim
11-13-2005, 08:33 AM
40229 feet!!!!,,,jeeez. Thats a lil over 7 1/2 miles.