PDA

View Full Version : Someone is using my picture for ebay. GRR.

Louis Mielke
11-07-2005, 12:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-ytm-225-tri-moto-three-weeler-kawasaki-suzuki_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43981QQitemZ4587 875161QQrdZ1

This picture is mine. More than likely took it right off my website. that really burns me. I wonder if he even has a bike for sale. Might be a scam. man i hate it when people steal pictures...

Orangecnty250r
11-07-2005, 12:23 AM
I looked at your website and saw the same picture. If you google a paricular make of trike and click images at the top of the page you will find all the pics of peoples trikes. He lies in his ad if you read it....It says this is a picture when it was new...Its not as clean now:rolleyes: DISHONEST right off the bat...I dont beleive this one is a scam because he has feedback for other trike part tranactions phone number, "you can come see the bike ", etc...I would be irritated also. Email him

Orangecnty250r
11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Yep i just googled ytm 225 and hit images up top and there was your machine. A lazy way not to grab a camera and take your own damm picture. But to lie about it is not cool

Louis Mielke
11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
seriously, thats what bothers me the most. I mean I sold it so its not my bike anymore and that kinda thing but I know that is not his picture you know. Defiantly misleading. and if he woulda asked that would changed things abit too. i mean I have used other pictures before but I had permission. blah. it just sucks.

Billy Golightly
11-07-2005, 10:14 AM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html Contact ebay, send them the link to your webpage and show that its yours.

Rm250RF900R
11-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Something like this just happened to another member. Forgot who it was.

350Xhilaration
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
someone was selling a rear "mudflap" off a 350X and used Tom Batts' pic a while ago.

42F67N
11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I was gonna bid on that trike!

xtremez
11-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I was just wondering did you have copy rights on your picture? I thought not .How do you like my tri-z in my avatar? The picture I use is from a tri-z that was sold on ebay. And!

LonesomeTriZ
11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I thought that was your trike. I remembered it from an email you sent me about it. I thought the guy selling it, is the one who bought it from you. Or did you even end up selling it? :wondering

Daman extremez, what is whith the attitude? By the way, did you notice that Z in you avitar is back on Ebay? I wish I could afford it.

Rm250RF900R
11-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I was just wondering did you have copy rights on your picture? I thought not .How do you like my tri-z in my avatar? The picture I use is from a tri-z that was sold on ebay. And!

Lol that was funny. Sorry.

slow200s
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
man what a jerk. i would burn him on ebay some how, defenatly contact them!

Billy Golightly
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Actually, any picture a person takes themselves instantly becomes copyright intellectual property that is registered to them. So yes, if Louis Mielke took the picture, then yes, he does hold a copyright on it. If I take a picture of YOUR trike, or even you, its still MY picture.

Louis Mielke
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Yup I took the picture..and its in my garage. and Louis I did sell it but to some guy in virginia. I'd be surprised if it made its way that far north.

wheelie king
11-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Thank you HondaATC for pointing that out.

I was gonna say, XtremeZ needs (back off, first of all,) and to brush up on his law knowledge before commenting so strongly. That IS Louis Mielke's picture if he took it.

You think magazine/sports/journal photographers copyright their pics? NO They snap the pic, and THEY OWN IT. They can sell it to the mag, newspaper, journal, or whatever and even then in some cases it STILL belongs to the original photographer.

Being right is great.:p

LonesomeTriZ
11-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I just had this subject matter come up in one of my law classes. Billy and greg are corrrect. Unless the law books I was studying from are way out of date.

xd 200x
11-08-2005, 09:17 PM

So did you get your law degree at a 7/11 with a hot dog. I actually was ganna post that you were wrong but I was beat to the punch. P.s ***edited*** thats all

Dammit!
11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Copyright law is a funny thing. Technically, as soon as you create something it's copyrighted and yours. You don't HAVE to register it with the Library of Congress. Registration does help tremendously in case of a legal battle though. When I was writing and recording a lot of music I always registered my material before I sent out demos just to be safe.

96YUKON
11-09-2005, 12:37 AM
I asked him where he got the picture to post on Ebay because I have seen it on another site and this is his reply.

Item: yamaha ytm 225(tri-moto) three weeler kawasaki/suzuki (4587875161)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
mgmautodetail is the seller.

"my friend e mailed the picture to me it's supposed to be an original photo of the bike brand new. why do ask ? some one else said something like that yestarday what website ?"

I responded with this, "Don't you think you should show a picture of your bike in it's current condition? Not a picture of it new, or a picture of someone else's bike?"

xd 200x
11-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I just had this subject matter come up in one of my law classes. Billy and greg are corrrect. Unless the law books I was studying from are way out of date.

Your in law school two, mind emailing me you crim, torts and contracts outines. I have my own but im comparing them with others.
First year freaking blows. what year are you in man?

wheelie king
11-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the props.

xd 200x- LonsomeTriZ is studying criminal law for a Criminal Justice (bachelor's) degree, I believe. Not pre-law or post grad law school.

LonesomeTriZ
11-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Hell, no. I have no desire to be a lawyer. I am in my final semester of my criminalogy degree.

xd 200x
11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
oh I have a ba in that. sorry that I didnt understand

AZ250R
11-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Actually, any picture a person takes themselves instantly becomes copyright intellectual property that is registered to them.
Some'ns kinda funny here then... I was told that any pictures that "I took" @ any NASCAR event of the cars "would not be mine"!?!? I could not sell them or use them to premote or sell anything else!?!? Thats what NASCAR officials told me, so WTF is it! :mad:

Howdy
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Some'ns kinda funny here then... I was told that any pictures that "I took" @ any NASCAR event of the cars "would not be mine"!?!? I could not sell them or use them to premote or sell anything else!?!? Thats what NASCAR officials told me, so WTF is it! :mad:

If your using your camera, and your the one paying for any prints to be made, then you should have the rights to do with them what ever you see fit ( exept for using them to scam, hurt, ect other people ).
Howdy

Meat-BoX
11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
He he, I wouldnt put a pic of someones trike in for my AVATAR. If I didnt have a trike I would post a Pic of me on my Tricycle. Better that than using some1 elses trike for my Avatar:eek:

As for the Auction I saw with the 200 x it said it was in China so Im confused. I e-mailed the dude and ripped him for using your pic and not his own. Told him he was a scammer.

Billy Golightly
11-09-2005, 11:54 PM

I'm sure there are excpections at large events put on by promoters and whatever. Probably about the same as how you can't take video cameras to concerts and stuff. For everyday stuff though, what I said was correct (To my knowledge anyways, no garauntees expressed or otherwise implied :D)

xtremez
11-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok (meatbox) By the way I like the (Maiden) avatar and I do own a 3 wheeler in fact I own 3 tri-z's a 200x and 2 blasters and your point is! I use the picture in my avatar as an inspiration!!!! for the one I am building------- as for the copyright laws here you go.....Copyright is a protection that covers published and unpublished literary, scientific and artistic works, whatever the form of expression, provided such works are fixed in a tangible or material form. This means that if you can see it, hear it and/or touch it - it may be protected. If it is an essay, if it is a play, if it is a song, if it is a funky original dance move, if it is a photograph, HTML coding or a computer graphic that can be set on paper, recorded on tape or saved to a hard drive, it may be protected. Copyright laws grant the creator the exclusive right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute, perform and display the work publicly. Exclusive means only the creator of such work, not anybody who has access to it and decides to grab it.
Copyright protection begins when any of the above described work is actually created and fixed in a tangible form.

For example, my brother is a musician and he lives in the United States. When he writes new lyrics, he prints them out on paper, signs his name at the bottom with the Copyright © symbol to show that he is the author, places it in an envelope and mails it to himself without opening it. His copyright begins at the moment he puts his idea in a tangible form by printing the lyrics out on paper. He creates proof when he mails it to himself - the postmark establishes the date of creation. He then registers his copyright with the *.S. Copyright Office which is a requirement in order to sue for monetary damages should a violation of his copyright arise. However, if somebody copies and redistributes his lyrics without permission before his copyright is registered, he still has the right to assert a copyright claim as the true author.

The above applies to digital art and graphics. Open a gif, jpg or png file that you created and look at the properties. It states the date that you saved it to your hard drive as the date of creation. If somebody copies a graphic from your web site I assure you that the date of creation on your copy of the file is earlier than the copy taken off your web site. If that still doesn't feel like enough proof for you, save everything to a floppy disk and mail it to yourself via certified mail. Keep the envelope sealed, wrap it in protective plastic and put it in a safe place.

Somebody once asked if it was "illegal" to place the copyright © symbol next to your name if you have not registered your copyright. Unless you have stolen the work from somebody else and you are not the true author of the work, it is not illegal to place the copyright © symbol next to your name - it is your right to do so.

The proper way to place a copyright notice is as follows: Copyright © (first date of creation) (name of owner). Like this: Copyright © 2003 John Smith.

xtremez
11-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Ok Louis I appoligize if I offended you.But it is just a picture,Maybe it was the nicest trike that guy ever saw and he saved the picture to admire it,Or maybe he was trying to scam someone or maybe He dont own a camera so he searched the web till he found a picture just like the one he owns and used it to sell his product. He does have 100% feedback.You know that once my tri-z is done and I take pics, if anyone wants to use them there more than welcome.That would make me feel good to see that it is being looked at, not mad cause someone used them to sell there product