PDA

View Full Version : Front Tire Swap ?

skeeter
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
My old Quad runner needs new front tires and what it has now are the Carlisle
22x8-9 boring basic tire up front that does not seem to steer well. Is thier
another size I could go to that would give more grip or should I buy the same old junk again?

sblt500r
11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
you don't have many front tire choices with a 9 inch rim. my 200sx had that same problem. if you could get a 10 inch rim to fit your bolt pattern you would have almost an unlimited number of choices.

RedRider_AK
11-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Holeshots and a 10 inch or 11 inch front rim. The goldtone aluminum ones are apparently pretty popular, you can find them pretty much anywhere.

el Pollo
11-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I'd say get some Douglas wheels for your quad. they're inexpensive and supposedly they make applications for just about anything. And they are pretty good in quality.

As for tires, it all depends on the terrain you usually wheel in. I put on a set of Dirt Devils on my Bear Tracker, and they hook up well in loose dirt. But they dig fast in sand and sometimes they throw rocks on loose gravel. But botoom line is I like them. I also have some GBC Mud Busters on Cujo, my Honda 185S. But I haven't tried them out because the day I installed them, my ignition went belly-up.

And yes, inching up will net you a better selection from Carlisle, GBC, Titan, Goodyear, etc.

jason85atc250r
11-30-2005, 01:27 AM
the titan fast trekker fronts you can get them in a 21x7x9" size