PDA

View Full Version : Excellent way to start the day off

Billy Golightly
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Good thing all days arent like this:

So I get back here to house this morning from a normal run of chores and things to do in town. One of them was stopping at the store and picking up some milk, eggs, ect. After getting home, I get out and open up the back door to my truck to get the stuff out, only to find a half empty milk jug on its side laying on the floor next to where the door is. :mad: :mad: :mad: The strange thing is though, that there wasn't but 2 little puddles of milk sitting on the floor, I didn't notice this at first though. So I grabbed the roll of paper towels I keep in my truck and, as soon as I put myhand on the floor I knew where all the rest of the milk was, underneath the vinyl flooring completely soaked up in the padding that sits on the bottom of the truck cab :mad: :mad: :mad: So I rip up one corner of the flooring only to find that it has ran from the very back part of the cab, half way over to the passengers side, and all the way up to the front. SO! Now, I have to go over to the shop and get the torx set of sockets and a ratchet. I get back over to the truck and get the seat unbolted, I picked up the seat and start pulling it out of the truck, but theres a freakin 4 wire plug connected to it (For what I dont know, I dont have any electric seat adjusters or anything) so here I'm half way out of the the truck with the seat taking up the whole space between it the door jam. I pick up the seat up, set it more or less on the back of my shoulders and crawl underneath of it in what must be total darkness because now I cant find the freaking connector to unplug. After feeling around with my arms and hands underneath of it like blind person looking for their cane, I finally find the plug. Getting it unhooked however is ANOTHER thing! I push, pull, tug, yank, scream obscenities at it that are yet to be recorded by the known world, all while smearing myself around in milk that had evidently ran under the seat I did not see before and I finally get it unhooked. I pick the seat back up off of me, and crawl out from under it. I carry it outside and sit to down on the grass in the yard. No sooner do I set it down, and turn around a dog comes by and pisses on it :mad: :mad: I scream at the dog at the top of my lungs and have myself personally convinced I'm going to pick him up and throw him in to the next zipcode, but lucky for him he's faster then I am. After a short sprint around the yard chasing the pissing dog screaming at the top of my lungs flailing my arms around like the madman I am I return to the truck and wipe down the seat with more paper towels to remove dog piss, not milk. I'm down to about a half roll now. I gently pickup the seat, and toss the fucker right into the back of my truck where part of the bracketry makes a nice clang with the gooseneck ball that extends about 4 inches up out of the floor of the bed.

Now I unbolt the seatbelt mount which amazinly comes apart rather easily. Next, I grab the floor covering and rip it about half way up. The milk has totally saturated itself into foam on the underside and no amount of clearning or squeezing is ever going to get it out good enough where I wont have a rotten milk smell in my truck from then on. So, what do I do? I take my knife and start cutting, and cutting, and cutting. By the time I'm done theres about another quart of milk squeezed out of the foam and from the drivers side back door, to the drivers side front door, about half way over to the middle of the floor where the shifter is at has been cut out and thrown in the back of my truck. Next, I start whiping with paper towels. I keep whiping till the whole roll is gone. Problem is theres alot of milk left down in the nooks and crannies the paper towels cannot get to, particularly around the weather stripping. So, I march off over to the shop and grab an extension cord and the shop vac. About halfway back to the house where my truck is at with the an extension cord on my shoulder, and me dragging the shop vav across the yard, the MFing vaccume hose twists itself right in half :mad: mad: I'm so pissed right now that I could probably single handly whipe out an entire countries population and still be waiting for more. I go to the truck and drop off the extension cord, head back to the shop vac and pick up and carry it the rest of the way to the truck along with the hose. After that I go inside and search for a roll of duct tape to temporarily hook the hose back onto the vaccume. After doing some searching it does not appear there is anything left other then the very last part of a roll that has maybe 2 inches on it, max. So I take what I can and stratigecly place some zip ties and saran wrap around it in an attempt to seal it, where hopefully it will work long enough to suck all this milk out of my truck before buzzards start circeling for the rotten smell.

The vaccume does indeed work, although it makes an ear peircing and incredibly annoying high pitched whistle noise that is sure to have mandated hearing protection if this were a commercial application. After sucking up most all of the milk I could, and of course also sucking up atleast 4-5 dollars in change laying on the floor that I was trying to avoid. I finish up with the shop vac, and return to the house for some more paper towels and some baking soda to neutralize the smell. Went to the pantry and got the papertowels, no problem. Next up I went to one of the drawers in the kitchen where I beleived the baking soda is. Now, before I go any further, everyone has one of these drawers in a cabinet. You know the one, its got atleast 150lbs worth of can goods you'll never eat in it, its fell out of the track atleast twice before smashing your hand and anything else that was in the way of it in the bottom, the kind of drawer your afraid to look at, much less pull out and rummage through it. Guess what? This very same drawer is what my baking soda was in. And, if the events of earlier today are any indication of what is about to happen next....yes friends, you guessed it! The drawer fell off the track as soon as I tried to pull it out. The good news is I was almost half way expecting this and was able to remove my hand before I had 4 fingers and a thumb amputated without my consent. The bad news however is now I have to totally unload this drawer full of canned goods, find the baking soda, try to put the drawer back on track, AND load all this **** back into the drawer without it falling off track again! After unloading all the contents of the drawer and putting it back on track, I carefully put the canned goods back into the drawer one at a time with the drawer already closed. Not taking any chances of upsetting the kitchen drawer gods that control whether that beast stays on track or falls a foot straight down with the power and weight to crush a fullsized car.

Now that is all taken care of I grab my baking soda and head back to the truck. I put the baking soda down in massive quanities, almost a half inch thick wherever milk had been standing before. I then pull the floor covering back into posistion, and put all my flashing around the edges and corners back into posistion. Next up I went back outside of the truck and grabbed my seat, and walked back to the drivers side door to put it in. Lets go back just a minute though, remember the shop vac? Do you remember me mentioning that I moved it out of the way? No? Thats because I didn't, and I tripped over it while I was trying to carry the driver seat over to put it in the truck. I start to fall, push the seat out away from me and watch it do about 4 flips in the yard, and I land face down in the dirt at almost the exact same spot where the dog had pissed on the seat earlier. After briefly laying there a few seconds pondering what I must have done to deserve exactly nine tons of **** hitting the fan at one time, I realised that the seat was sitting in the yard again and the dog was still around. I jumped up and ran over to it, luckily the dog had either not spotted the seat yet in his line of vision or I had scared him enough earlier he knew not to try it again. I picked the seat back up again for the 3rd time and wrestled it into the posistion in the truck. The 4 wired plug that gave me problems earlier mashed right together this time with a distinctive snap noise that almost irritated me because it was so easy. And, I actually was able to bolt the seat AND the seatbelt bracket back onto the floor without any problems. I have yet to crank the truck and make sure it still runs though....

slothminx
11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
ROLFLMFAO ohh dear Billy, hasnt been your morning then!. I bet your in the mood now thinking, What next? haha. Why milk :lol: could have been water instead!

350Xhilaration
11-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Thank you for that!!

I feel for you Billy, but that was awesome. Brightened my day and that epic has been saved to a txt file for others to enjoy. Take the rest of the day off...you earned it.

Cody
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
WOW! I would have killed that dog. Dagum, That is messed up. Although I do applaud(sp?) for a good read.

nouseforaname90
11-07-2005, 04:16 PM
That just goes to show how much trouble a simple bottle of milk can cause you. I've always knew that they were mischevious. I never miss the cup, but yet there is ALWAYS a few drops of milk on the counter when I'm done pouring myself a glass? Why? Because the MILK WANTS TO IRRITATE ME!

Jeb
11-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Billy, I feel for ya! Great story though! :beer

Lomax
11-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Damn that was funny reading. I feel your pain for I have days that are sometimes like that (yesterday was a good example). After i started reading it was almost like I could anticipate what was going to happen next. Great read billy!!

ATCWRENCH
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Damm Billy thats just one really big kick in the chops ya know.

I work in an upholstery shop and I know all about those little plugs that seem to be completely useless.

advice to anyone else who ever has to take a seat for what ever reason, unbolt the front ones first, slide the seat foward and unbolt the rear bolts and the seat belt bolts and then it whould come out pretty easy, unless its a '63 cadillac that has a full electric bench seat, weighs as much as the car does.

bigredhead
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
oh god that was funny... lol... thanks man. i needed that.

Don't no one give Billy any crap today.. he could very well be in a banning mood ! lol...

Lomax
11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
unless its a '63 cadillac that has a full electric bench seat, weighs as much as the car does.

For some reason thats really funny to me :lol: :lol: . I guess I am simply entertained.

Jason Hall
11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Man billy there is not a worse smell in the world to have in your car. I work on concrete mixers, and we have 14 drivers. Well it never fails, somebody always has to be a smart ass. Me & one of our drivers had a grease the other guys door handle episode. I greased his grab handle on his mixer with some real nasty old grease. The next day when I got to work, he had a big grease stain on his pants. He had no idea I did it, untill I started laughing like mad when I saw the big stain on his pants. Now the war was on. He tried to get me back once, but I saw the grease. I never told him he did'nt get me, so maybe it would end. So a couple days later he drives up to the shop, to use the potty. So I real quick like dab some grease on his wiper knob, & chute control handle. Just as I finished, he opened the bathroom & saw me stepping out of his truck. So he says ok what did you put it on this time? Of course I said nothing. So he gets in his truck looks all over & did'nt see where i put it. Later that day after a couple of deliveries he flipped me off while passing the shop, so I knew he found it. Well after a couple of times with the old grease under my door handle, I told him. I get grease on my hands everyday, so that aint workin. Well guess what, He got me good. I have a 2000 S-10 extended cab pick-up, & all the sudden I start getting this nasty smell. At first I did'nt really give it any thought. After about a week in the middle of the summer, It was absolutly horrible. Now I have to start looking to find this horrible smell. Finnally I find a small cup with about a shot glass full of curtled milk in it slipped under the carpet under one of the flip down seats in the back. Now I know that son of a motherless goat got me back good. I will be waiting till next summer to slip a dead mole that my cat leaves on my door step right under his drivers seat in his black jeep cherokee. Man that should get real ripe in the hot sun in july.

bigredhead
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Get a fresh piece of fish.. wrap it loosely in seran wrap, if he has hubs on his car/truck .. pop it off and wedge it in there.. in about 2 days there will be a 4 ft invisible stink barrier all around his car.. naturally he will go thru the entire inside.. to find nothing.. lol....

Under the seats.. no under the carpet.. but actually Under the seats is another good place.. but it's kinda permanent..... and these kinds of paybacks never end.. so better to keep it somewhat civil.. ie: hubs.

350Xhilaration
11-07-2005, 11:39 PM
now that this has turned into the "what a nasty smell prnak post" I'll share one.

Back in 94 or so, I was quitting one dealership and heading to another. The Circus Writers thought it would be funny to pull out my bottom drawer on my toolbox and put a zip lok bag with 2 dead fish and raw eggs in and then put the drawer back. I knew something was up from the smirks on their faces. It was August in Falls Church VA (read about 98 degrees and humid as heck) so the stinking would have been plenty around noon. Too bad for them I found the bag, didn't say a word to a soul and headed to the parking lot next door with a prybar, a shoprag or 2, and the bag of fish and eggs. I crawled under the one guys truck (less than 6 months old at the time) and stuffed a fish between the floor and the gas tank. I wasn't positive of his involvement so I didnt want to get him too badly. The other guy, I knew he had everything to do with it. So, the prybar came in handy when stuffing the fish through one of the small openings in the frame rail. I poked it up and as deep into the frame as I could get it, wiped my hands and headed back to the shop. Since I was quitting that day, I loaded my stuff and the two guys were most helpful loading my boxes. They were smiling from ear to ear as I pulled out. I smiled and waved back as I drove off. Around 5 that night I get a call. They both were heading home for the night and noticed the "stink barrier" that bigredhead mentioned from about 20 ft. They said they had the trucks in the shop on the lift and found the one fish and had to use a pressure washer to get the other one out. I kinda feel bad about doing that now, but at the time it was hilarious.

ATCWRENCH
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
dead fish under the back seat is a real good one to or a potato in the tail pipe. they have to have a good exhaust system for that one to work, to much back pressure and the engine wont start. vasoline on the windows is a real horrible one.

if anyone works in a resturant and you have jalepenos on your menu, take one and rub it around the rim(or straw) of one of the other workers cups and watch there reaction when they cant figure out why there lips are getting hot.

anyone that works with someone who has a really bright white smile can put any color food coloring in there drink and turn their mouth that color, the funny part is they wont know until they go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.

any kind cooking oil in a drink is pretty bad, like a mouth full of snot.

threewheelin-feelin
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
well you when youre haveing a bad day its nice to know some one is haveing a worst day LMAO think you billy

ScottZJ
11-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I feel for you Billy. Been there done that. Well my day is going to end bleek. I am going to a good friends funeral tonight. He was killed sat night on his motorcycle by a woman that decided to be in both lanes.

Billy Golightly
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Dang Scott...sorry to hear that. :(

Mike Fort Laud
11-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Good thing all days arent like this:

So I get back here to house this morning from a normal run of chores and things to do in town. One of them was stopping at the store and picking up some milk, eggs, ect. After getting home, I get out and open up the back door to my truck to get the stuff out, only to find a half empty milk jug on its side laying on the floor next to where the door is. :mad: :mad: :mad: The strange thing is though, that there wasn't but 2 little puddles of milk sitting on the floor, I didn't notice this at first though. So I grabbed the roll of paper towels I keep in my truck and, as soon as I put myhand on the floor I knew where all the rest of the milk was, underneath the vinyl flooring completely soaked up in the padding that sits on the bottom of the truck cab :mad: :mad: :mad: So I rip up one corner of the flooring only to find that it has ran from the very back part of the cab, half way over to the passengers side, and all the way up to the front. SO! Now, I have to go over to the shop and get the torx set of sockets and a ratchet. I get back over to the truck and get the seat unbolted, I picked up the seat and start pulling it out of the truck, but theres a freakin 4 wire plug connected to it (For what I dont know, I dont have any electric seat adjusters or anything) so here I'm half way out of the the truck with the seat taking up the whole space between it the door jam. I pick up the seat up, set it more or less on the back of my shoulders and crawl underneath of it in what must be total darkness because now I cant find the freaking connector to unplug. After feeling around with my arms and hands underneath of it like blind person looking for their cane, I finally find the plug. Getting it unhooked however is ANOTHER thing! I push, pull, tug, yank, scream obscenities at it that are yet to be recorded by the known world, all while smearing myself around in milk that had evidently ran under the seat I did not see before and I finally get it unhooked. I pick the seat back up off of me, and crawl out from under it. I carry it outside and sit to down on the grass in the yard. No sooner do I set it down, and turn around a dog comes by and pisses on it :mad: :mad: I scream at the dog at the top of my lungs and have myself personally convinced I'm going to pick him up and throw him in to the next zipcode, but lucky for him he's faster then I am. After a short sprint around the yard chasing the pissing dog screaming at the top of my lungs flailing my arms around like the madman I am I return to the truck and wipe down the seat with more paper towels to remove dog piss, not milk. I'm down to about a half roll now. I gently pickup the seat, and
right into the back of my truck where part of the bracketry makes a nice clang with the gooseneck ball that extends about 4 inches up out of the floor of the bed.

Now I unbolt the seatbelt mount which amazinly comes apart rather easily. Next, I grab the floor covering and rip it about half way up. The milk has totally saturated itself into foam on the underside and no amount of clearning or squeezing is ever going to get it out good enough where I wont have a rotten milk smell in my truck from then on. So, what do I do? I take my knife and start cutting, and cutting, and cutting. By the time I'm done theres about another quart of milk squeezed out of the foam and from the drivers side back door, to the drivers side front door, about half way over to the middle of the floor where the shifter is at has been cut out and thrown in the back of my truck. Next, I start whiping with paper towels. I keep whiping till the whole roll is gone. Problem is theres alot of milk left down in the nooks and crannies the paper towels cannot get to, particularly around the weather stripping. So, I march off over to the shop and grab an extension cord and the shop vac. About halfway back to the house where my truck is at with the an extension cord on my shoulder, and me dragging the shop vav across the yard, the MFing vaccume hose twists itself right in half :mad: mad: I'm so pissed right now that I could probably single handly whipe out an entire countries population and still be waiting for more. I go to the truck and drop off the extension cord, head back to the shop vac and pick up and carry it the rest of the way to the truck along with the hose. After that I go inside and search for a roll of duct tape to temporarily hook the hose back onto the vaccume. After doing some searching it does not appear there is anything left other then the very last part of a roll that has maybe 2 inches on it, max. So I take what I can and stratigecly place some zip ties and saran wrap around it in an attempt to seal it, where hopefully it will work long enough to suck all this milk out of my truck before buzzards start circeling for the rotten smell.

The vaccume does indeed work, although it makes an ear peircing and incredibly annoying high pitched whistle noise that is sure to have mandated hearing protection if this were a commercial application. After sucking up most all of the milk I could, and of course also sucking up atleast 4-5 dollars in change laying on the floor that I was trying to avoid. I finish up with the shop vac, and return to the house for some more paper towels and some baking soda to neutralize the smell. Went to the pantry and got the papertowels, no problem. Next up I went to one of the drawers in the kitchen where I beleived the baking soda is. Now, before I go any further, everyone has one of these drawers in a cabinet. You know the one, its got atleast 150lbs worth of can goods you'll never eat in it, its fell out of the track atleast twice before smashing your hand and anything else that was in the way of it in the bottom, the kind of drawer your afraid to look at, much less pull out and rummage through it. Guess what? This very same drawer is what my baking soda was in. And, if the events of earlier today are any indication of what is about to happen next....yes friends, you guessed it! The drawer fell off the track as soon as I tried to pull it out. The good news is I was almost half way expecting this and was able to remove my hand before I had 4 fingers and a thumb amputated without my consent. The bad news however is now I have to totally unload this drawer full of canned goods, find the baking soda, try to put the drawer back on track, AND load all this **** back into the drawer without it falling off track again! After unloading all the contents of the drawer and putting it back on track, I carefully put the canned goods back into the drawer one at a time with the drawer already closed. Not taking any chances of upsetting the kitchen drawer gods that control whether that beast stays on track or falls a foot straight down with the power and weight to crush a fullsized car.

Now that is all taken care of I grab my baking soda and head back to the truck. I put the baking soda down in massive quanities, almost a half inch thick wherever milk had been standing before. I then pull the floor covering back into posistion, and put all my flashing around the edges and corners back into posistion. Next up I went back outside of the truck and grabbed my seat, and walked back to the drivers side door to put it in. Lets go back just a minute though, remember the shop vac? Do you remember me mentioning that I moved it out of the way? No? Thats because I didn't, and I tripped over it while I was trying to carry the driver seat over to put it in the truck. I start to fall, push the seat out away from me and watch it do about 4 flips in the yard, and I land face down in the dirt at almost the exact same spot where the dog had pissed on the seat earlier. After briefly laying there a few seconds pondering what I must have done to deserve exactly nine tons of **** hitting the fan at one time, I realised that the seat was sitting in the yard again and the dog was still around. I jumped up and ran over to it, luckily the dog had either not spotted the seat yet in his line of vision or I had scared him enough earlier he knew not to try it again. I picked the seat back up again for the 3rd time and wrestled it into the posistion in the truck. The 4 wired plug that gave me problems earlier mashed right together this time with a distinctive snap noise that almost irritated me because it was so easy. And, I actually was able to bolt the seat AND the seatbelt bracket back onto the floor without any problems. I have yet to crank the truck and make sure it still runs though....whoa rules rules

Jason Hall
11-09-2005, 08:30 AM
That is horrible news scott, I'm sorry to here that.

kernalklink
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I spilt milk once in my car..... but it was a 76 chevy nova so i just left the windows down for a few weeks and everything was all better!:beer