PDA

View Full Version : fastener guy on ebay question

denn
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this guy, how are the quality of his bolts? How do they look? Are they complete?

Thanks Denn

1984kxtTECATE
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I bought a kit from this guy, and it is worth every penny. I bought it for my Tri-Z and all the stuff is there in the correct length, Im sure the a lot stronger than the 20+ year old stuff you got on it right now, I forgot the grade of the fasteners so Ill get that back to you in a little bit. They look decent, stainless steel, and the will keep lookin decent because they are stainless. He also ships in a timely matter.

MTS
11-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Yes i also bought a kit for my Z and it is worth every penny, Top notch lookin stuff, the only complaint i have is its all flat washers...no lock washers,,,and i like lock washers on certin bolts...lol

1DEADPRESIDENT
11-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I also bought a set for my 350x. I purchased them mostly for the engine bolts. As far as the rest of the bolts its "hit or miss". If your going bone stock no problems, aftermarket items can be a little more difficult with the correct bolt length. Overall you still can't beat his price considering its stainless. Overall I like his fastners.

BLAZERONE22
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
I've bought a few kits from him, only kit I had any problem with was the 85-86R kit. a few bolts were a couple mm short and wounld'nt go through the nyloK.

88 Turbo Coupe
11-08-2005, 07:33 AM
If this guy is selling the stainless steel kit beware that stainless is not noted for its strength. Its heavy and it breaks easily. I have looked into this. I have also contacted a metalurgist about this. If you want that shiny look then go for it. thats all its good for, but i wouldn't trust it on the track or trail. I'll bet money this guy doesn't tell you what type or grade of stainless bolts he selling in the add!! I'll bet he won't tell you what the maanufactures name is. Also I'll even bet more money this stuff comes from RED CHINA. Good luck

BigGreenMachine
11-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I picked up a kit for the 85 Tecate. The rear linkage bolts and shock mount bolts were sloppy, not the correct diameter but everything else was good.

denn
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok guys thanks for the info, who has a good stainless steel kit that they sell. I really don't care what it costs as long as it is a complete kit. I am building an 86 250r and an 86 tecate from scratch and I need some bolts. I figure I could get a complete stainless steel kit. It would be a hell of a lot less than buying new bolts from honda. Any suggestions.

thanks Denn

Billy Golightly
11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, stainless definetly looks cool but I wouldn't put it in any mission critical places unless you KNOW its areally good high grade. I've broke a few stainless motor mount bolts. I wouldn't want any in the suspension parts.

Dammit!
11-08-2005, 09:28 PM
I have his R kit. It's nice but I only bought it for non-load bearing parts. They do dress it up nice though if you use the small ones.

1984kxtTECATE
11-08-2005, 09:30 PM
So I take it stainless is brittle metal. Glad I kept on reading this thread.

Dammit!
11-08-2005, 09:33 PM
It's fine for low torque stuff like case bolts and what not. The only things I wouldn't use it on is motor mounts, suspension parts, footpegs and handlebars. Any of those coming loose could really ruin your day.

1984kxtTECATE
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
It's fine for low torque stuff like case bolts and what not. The only things I wouldn't use it on is motor mounts, suspension parts, footpegs and handlebars. Any of those coming loose could really ruin your day.

Thanks Dammit :cool: :beer

Yamahauler
11-09-2005, 12:07 AM
are they safe to use on cylinder head nuts, ya think?

Dammit!
11-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I would think the nuts are safe but they're not the same style as OEM. I don't like the way they look.

denn
11-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Ok, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do. I need every bolt and nut for a 250r and tecate. Should I buy the kit and use the stainless for the small crap and go to the dealer for motor mounts bolts and such? Any suggestions will help. Also thanks for all the info.

Thanks denn

88 Turbo Coupe
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
are they safe to use on cylinder head nuts, ya think?

If your nuts need to be torqued I wouldn't think so.

Billy Golightly
11-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Denn, buy the stainless kit and use what you can. Some special bolts like that for the suspension linkage and the like would either have to be made or yes purchased from a dealer. I get most of my bolts from either NAPA, or Ace Hardware. Both have a pretty good selection and I can get most of what I need as long as its not a special thing.