PDA

View Full Version : KFX 80 Starter problems

paintbller8000
11-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi, I am having trouble starting my KFX 80. It is an electric start and when i go to start in it sounds like the starter is spinning but thats it. There is no loud noise of the flw wheeel spiining or the quad turning obver. It is just this little bzzzzz sound. I belive it is the starter just spinning. Could it be the battery? pleawse help me ASAP

Jason Hall
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes it could be the battery is low on charge. It could also be a bad connection. Or the brushes in the starter could be bad. I would hook a charger up to the battery & see what happens. There is also a starter relay under the seat, by the battery. Make sure the connection is tight & clean.

RedRider_AK
11-15-2005, 01:26 AM
If an electric starter on a quad is anything liek a car one, it might be stripped out gears on the starter shaft.

smokinwrench
11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Let me now how your starter repair is going. I have 2 LT80's and have replaced starters on both. The hardest thing you'll ever do is replace the starter.

Easyest would be to jump the starter directly with a known good battery and a peice of wire. Testing that way will bypass the entire starting system except the starter.