PDA

View Full Version : Is this YFZ450 worth it?

lisnup65
11-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I have a chance to grab a 05 YFZ450 for around 4300.00. It has around 40/50 hours on it in the 8 months since it left the dealer. Basically a stock machine with slip on and jet kit.

What do you think as I need to move on it quick like?!

Cody
11-11-2005, 10:52 PM
No. Buy another trike.

KASEY
11-11-2005, 11:51 PM
IF you can buy it for that,,, and you are looking for a quad ,,,, thats a great deal, its worth it ,,, i love mine,,, :D :D :D

CODY,,,, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: GET A LIFE !

250r'en +TCB
11-12-2005, 12:22 AM
^^^WTF!?!?!?!?!
He has a life, and it's rolling along on 3 wheels!!!!!
I agree with cody, you want a fast yamaha, buy a tri-z!!!!!!!!!!

MTS
11-12-2005, 12:36 AM
^^^WTF!?!?!?!?!
FFS for the last time, a NEW YFZ 450 WILL BEAT THE UNLIVING BEJESUS SNOT OUT OF A 250 TRIKE, espesially a tri-z.....I say buy it, they are fast and Fun...ride it, you will buy it..:lol:

PostWhor'en+TCB
11-12-2005, 03:09 AM
^^^WTF!?!?!?!?!

I can't believe you said that. What proof do you have that a tri z is faster then a yfz? Can you put some videos on 3ww that show a tri z out running a yfz? Can you post a picture that shows a tri z out running a yfz? Have you ever ridden a tri z? Have you ever ridden a yfz? Do you have a fast trike? Will it out run a yfz? If so, can you post a picture or video? If the tri z does out run the yfz do they have equal mods?

If you can't provide at least proof to 3 of the items I stated I think you spoke out of turn and let your fingers over load the true facts.

If that is to hard of a task. Please answer these. Are you a postwhore? Do you enjoy ruining other peoples threads? Will you ever quit ruining other peoples threads?

Your friend postwhorin:welcome: :beer

Rm250RF900R
11-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Yeah but having a tri-z would be a lot cooler! I'd take one over a YFZ. But thats just because I'm :crazy: .

lisnup65
11-12-2005, 08:58 AM
I still have trikes! Just looking to possibly replace my TRX-250R that has frame damage.

twgranger
11-12-2005, 09:07 AM
FFS for the last time, a NEW YFZ 450 WILL BEAT THE UNLIVING BEJESUS SNOT OUT OF A 250 TRIKE, espesially a tri-z.....I say buy it, they are fast and Fun...ride it, you will buy it..:lol:Have you raced one with your tri-z? Because i have. They are crazy fast but it didn't BEAT THE UNLIVING BEJESUS SNOT OUT OF Me. It was very close but he didn't win. We both have many mods to. I would say buy he yfz, they are a sweet machine and fast, that is a good price too.

250r'en +TCB
11-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I can't believe you said that. What proof do you have that a tri z is faster then a yfz? Can you put some videos on 3ww that show a tri z out running a yfz? Can you post a picture that shows a tri z out running a yfz? Have you ever ridden a tri z? Have you ever ridden a yfz? Do you have a fast trike? Will it out run a yfz? If so, can you post a picture or video? If the tri z does out run the yfz do they have equal mods?

If you can't provide at least proof to 3 of the items I stated I think you spoke out of turn and let your fingers over load the true facts.

If that is to hard of a task. Please answer these. Are you a postwhore? Do you enjoy ruining other peoples threads? Will you ever quit ruining other peoples threads?

Your friend postwhorin:welcome: :beer
HAHAHA wow you are a *******!!!!!!!:lol: I like how your putting words in my mouth I never said!!!! When in that post did I say "A tri-Z is faster than a YFZ", Huh? So perhaps you should read before you type..........
I said he should buy a Tri-Z because it's a 3-wheeler, morons..........and lets face it, 3=wheelers are better, we better all be able to agree on that:crazy: even the 8 year old (post whore'en...................I find it funny how he thinks I'm imature, because I'm the one who can't say something to somebodies face, oh no, I think I handle it like a mature adult and make fun of their screen name!!!!:lol:

BigGreenMachine
11-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Buy the YFZ, you already have a fast trike. The YFZ will be faster then most 250 trikes in all other aspects besides drag racing.

I'm going to be MX racing next season on my trike and I know I'm going to have my butt handed to me by most of the riders there on everything from Predators to Z400's and the 450's. Its all about being there and having fun IMO.

370banshee
11-12-2005, 03:02 PM
it should day if you want a fast yamaha buy a banshee... and they do beat YFZ's... a YFZ450 for $4300 isn't a bad deal at all.... fi your looking for a 4 stroke quad buy it.. and for the record i thik my TRI-Z will beat a YFZ... as soon as it runs i'll let ya know

Modded660R2fast
11-12-2005, 05:31 PM
The yfz 450 is the fastest production quad made. It has the best power to weight ratio of all quads out there today. It even takes all the old 250r and anything 2 stroke basically and 4 stroke. So no a shee wont beat a 450 it wont even beat a raptor its close but it wont.

lisnup65
11-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Regardless, I picked up the machine. Its out front 4 sale now for $5100.00.:-)

wanta86r
11-12-2005, 07:58 PM
i thought it was going to replace yor trx 250r

Live4today
11-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Regardless, I picked up the machine. Its out front 4 sale now for $5100.00.:-)

I like that deal. You buy it for cheap, run the piss out of it for the time you have it while it's for sale, and then sell it. You're a thinker.

370banshee
11-13-2005, 11:45 AM
The yfz 450 is the fastest production quad made. It has the best power to weight ratio of all quads out there today. It even takes all the old 250r and anything 2 stroke basically and 4 stroke. So no a shee wont beat a 450 it wont even beat a raptor its close but it wont.

i ride banshees.... adn the funny thing here is that you have no clue what your talking about.. my buddies ride 450's... well we ran a complete box stock banshee and a brand new YFZ450... and the banshee won.. numerous times.. they even switched riders and..... the banshee won...

now i haev a 03 shee thats totally stock except a set of t5's.. i raced a raptor with a YOSH exhaust and beat him 8 times in a row... the last time i gave him 10 quad lengths.... and still whipped him.... i flatrack race and consistantly whip on highly modded YFZ's with my stock but piped shee lowered with tiedowns.... if you need any video i can get it up here in a few weeks... i have to put my stock banshee back together... all i have runnign right now it my ported banshee... and i eat rappy and YFZ's in 4th gear with that...

370banshee
11-13-2005, 11:49 AM
well anyway i don't want to start a pissing match....