PDA

View Full Version : Oooh Man... What A Day!

chris200x
11-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Well guys this is definitly a first for me. While working with a long time co worker this evening. I work for a carpet and upholstry cleaning company... Well anyway the guy I was working with decided to have a heart attack while on the job! Now keep in mind it is only me and him in this place.

You guys wanna talk about something SCARY!!! :eek: Surprisingly I really didn't panic as much as I thought I would if something like this happened.

As my mind was racing the first thing I did of coarse was check for a pulse. Not finding one I called 911 immediatly. without me even thinking about it I got him level on the floor and covered him with a blanket. The paramedics were there before I knew it. and I went with them to the ER.

His heart actually stopped twice the whole time but they did manage to stabalize him before the helicopter came.

The whole bad thing about this ordeal is this poor guys has no living family. so I decided to stick around and help as much as I could. They were taking him to the best heart hospital in the state so I know he's in good hands.

Please if any of you guys pray. Please keep us in your thoughts tonight. I have never been so scared in my life! and that poor old guy can really use the support. thanks

Mike Fort Laud
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
You have mine. I have lost a couple very close friends and was there and witnessed their deaths. It is not a fun thing. I hope your co worker recovers well. And all you can do is be very proud of yourself for keeping your cool and treating him in the way you did. You may have been the reason he is still here. Congrats

chris200x
11-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm still shaking. thank you

edog
11-14-2005, 12:14 AM
I will pray for him.

bluevette87
11-15-2005, 05:46 AM
done.
sory to hear about your coworker:(

chris200x
11-15-2005, 09:35 AM
well i think he is going to be alright. they operated on him and he is recovering. he had some major blockages that they removed. I will be able to get down there this evening for a visit.
thanks guys.