PDA

View Full Version : west coast hubs 250r

2strokepwer
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Westcoast-hubs-west-coast-atc-250r-200x-350x-honda_W0QQitemZ4590348037QQcategoryZ43972QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hrc85250r
11-15-2005, 12:52 AM
screw that, i bought my spacers for 30.00, and they are old school durablue aluminum spacers. i can deal.

88 Turbo Coupe
11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Looks like a "shill"? bidder just entered the picture. Mikesutphin

jenndnn3
11-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I do not shill bid. I find what you said extremelly offending.

ATCWRENCH
11-16-2005, 03:17 PM
whats a shill bidder? I have no clue what it means

ScottZJ
11-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Shill Bidding is bidding that artificially increases an item’s price or apparent desirability, or bidding by individuals with a level of access to the seller’s item information not available to the general Community. Shill Bidding is prohibited on eBay.

ATCWRENCH
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
so pretty someone who jacks the price up for fun right?

jenndnn3
11-16-2005, 05:25 PM
I am under the impression shill bidding is taking 2 idenities, by one and the same person and running your own bids up. Or frankly cheating.

Howdy
11-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I am under the impression shill bidding is taking 2 idenities, by one and the same person and running your own bids up. Or frankly cheating.

Shill Bidding can also include having a friend bid a item up for you. Here is Ebay's stance on it:

Shill Bidding is bidding that artificially increases an item’s price or apparent desirability, or bidding by individuals with a level of access to the seller’s item information not available to the general Community. Shill Bidding is prohibited on eBay.

Because family members, roommates and employees of sellers have a level of access to item information which is not available to the general Community, they are not permitted to bid on items offered by the seller -- even if their sole intent is to purchase the item. Family members, roommates or employees may purchase items from a seller without violating this policy simply by using purchase options -- such as Buy It Now -- which do not involve bidding.

eBay strongly encourages sellers with employees to ensure that their employees are aware of this policy and the possible consequences of violation.

Here is an link to help people understand shill bidding better.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/sbiddingtutorial/intro.html

Howdy

Yardbird
11-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Why are you selling them? No longer have the R? I've got a pair on mine right now and never knew anything about or who made them till I saw this post/link. Didn't know they were so rare..........cool.

jenndnn3
11-16-2005, 07:48 PM
It is time to get out. I am selling alot of stuff off. Cool that is set number 3 then that I know of!

I would not have a freind bump my bids either. I find the accusation still upsetting (I am frankly a little more grouchy then this.)

Yardbird
11-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I would not have a freind bump my bids either. I find the accusation still upsetting (I am frankly a little more grouchy then this.)

I looked at the bidding and everyone that has placed a bid has some sort of feedback. I usually get suspicious when you see the bidder has no feedback and just registered recently. Just take it as someone having their own opinion. Which like a--holes everyone has one. Good luck on your auction!

88 Turbo Coupe
11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I always get suspicious when one who hasn't placed a bid in a looonnngg time bids. JUST MY OWN (STREET SMART) GUT FEELING.

84250r
11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Item is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it!

Good luck!

2strokepwer
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I like those hubs and thought that they are unique. I don't ever see any of them on 250rs around here. I wish I had them money so I could bid on them.

grundlegrabber
11-17-2005, 12:35 AM
I like those hubs and thought that they are unique. I don't ever see any of them on 250rs around here. I wish I had them money so I could bid on them.

You & me both, bro. They'd look sweet on my '86.

88 Turbo Coupe
11-17-2005, 05:22 PM
So is it a vintage/nostalgia thing with these hubs? Will they perform better than a new set costing 50 or 80 bucks? What material are the West Coast ones made from? Do they crack? Metal fatigue? I dunno? Some poor sole in another thread had his axel break in 4th gear and got pretty badily messed up.
Are the donut style hubs stronger than the West Coast style? They look really cool though with the fins on them.

jenndnn3
11-17-2005, 07:13 PM
To be honest with you Turbo, these hubs are not for you. No for you they wouldnt be any better then the $80 spacers. These are Westcoast brand. I would suggest if you would like to learn more about them do a search on the board here, there is some info plus a brochure on it. Since you make blanket statements about the seller (me) without knowing whom I am, I have a hard time pumping something to you that is already worthless for you. Does this make sense? Search under my name and westcoast hubs, I am almost positive the thread will pop. They are stainless steel. Their quality in my opinion is as good if not better then their swingarms. But that is mearly an opinion of a girl whom is selling her stuff off. You take that worth for what it is.

thefox
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
First off I these are a VERY rare part. I think that the thread started before others knew that and so when they were surprised at the price it was because they didn't know what they were really looking at. Even at $130 that they are at now I am sure they will go up in price because they are that rare. Sure you can get spacers but spacers are not the same, why? well they are not extended hubs made by westcoast back in the 80's.

Jen, I am sure that if they realized it was you who had listed the hubs there would have been no question if anything weird was going on.
I trust ya:beer

*edit* these links have some good info on them
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=14318&highlight=westcoast+hubs
and the last ebay set that closed at $201.50!
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=33168&highlight=westcoast+hubs

BLAZERONE22
11-20-2005, 09:29 PM
So is it a vintage/nostalgia thing with these hubs? Will they perform better than a new set costing 50 or 80 bucks? What material are the West Coast ones made from? Do they crack? Metal fatigue? I dunno? Some poor sole in another thread had his axel break in 4th gear and got pretty badily messed up.
Are the donut style hubs stronger than the West Coast style? They look really cool though with the fins on them.

Congrats Jen... You can add an extra bay in your shop now... I guess JEZ liked his first set.

Yardbird
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Wow! Good on ya. Makes me think about listing mine hahah. :naughty:

twgranger
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
They brought almost $500, I am speachless!!