PDA

View Full Version : Discovery channel . com

Banage
11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Anyone else signed up over there? i just signed on for the mythbusters site. I dissagree with a couple of there results.

chris200x
11-17-2005, 12:18 PM
LOl... I like watching those guys! Ever see the episode with the two pigs in the corvette? :eek: :lol: :rolleyes: :crazy:

bigredhead
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Pigs in the vette.. lol... yep.. almost hurled.

I like the show... but alot of the things they do ..i 'd do differently personally.

Would love to have access to their warehouse of parts and tools !!!!!

OldSchoolin86
11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Anyone else signed up over there? i just signed on for the mythbusters site. I dissagree with a couple of there results.
I know for a fact they didn't prove somethings correctly but hey, I think it's on the air for fun more then anything (atleast I hope so :lol: ).

AZ250R
11-17-2005, 05:22 PM
I know for a fact they didn't prove somethings correctly but hey, I think it's on the air for fun more then anything (atleast I hope so :lol: ).
Like what, I think they do a great job.

Last night they proved, without a doubt to me, that driving you truck with the tail gate down doesn't save gas milage. Actually makes it worse! I've always believed that it did until they proved it to be wrong.

bigredhead
11-17-2005, 05:50 PM
does not save gas.. but ruins the tailgate !! lol....

Bouncing that sucker around will mash up the hinges real quick.

OldSchoolin86
11-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Like what, I think they do a great job.

Off the top of my head........ They had a chicken vs. frozen chicken one where they determined whether it being frozen or not would make a difference in impact. They used photography to determine the results, it was a matter of how long it took to rebound off the item it was projected on. This was one of those cases where they fell seriously short. The only way to determine impact with any kind of accuracy is with load cells. I used to crash cars at a test facility and we had the same high speed cameras they did and I can tell you first hand that they had no idea what they were doing on that one. What may take an equivalent time to rebound can have a great difference in G's. The frozen one could have had 50% more force but we'll never know the way they tested it.