PDA

View Full Version : New Computer

Maine_Triker
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, the old computer crashed so..... in comes a new one. :w00t:

This thing is so freakin fast it's unbelievable! Awesome gaming even with the most advanced games.... fast file viewing/ opening programs.... just great!

Features:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Processor w/HyperThreading/800mhz FSB/1MB Cache
1GB PC3200 Ram (Upgradable to 4GB)
Front audio and USB ports
eVGA GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache 256MB PCI Express Vidio Card w/TV out
MassCool Copper Core Fan cooling
400 watt power supply
Sony Double layer DVDRW
160GB Western Digital Serial ATA Hard Drive w/8mb Buffer
Internal sound and LAN
Internal Memory Card Reader

I've allready installed and ran Flight Sim 2004 on it.... and it works awesome!
It was custom built by a local company... better than buying from a big company as far as I'm concerned!

Phil

ATC crazy
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Awesome! I need to get a computer myself for college. All these drafting classes take A LOT of memory! I will probably go with Alienware!

Maine_Triker
11-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Awesome! I need to get a computer myself for college. All these drafting classes take A LOT of memory! I will probably go with Alienware!
The only problem with Alienware is the price... they are so darn expensive. This one only cost $900... but then again, we allready had the operating system, modem, monitor, key board, mouse, and speakers from the old computer.

ATC crazy
11-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Yea, they are expensive (and the monitor is not included in the price), but they are pretty much a custom built computer using almost all aftermarket hardware & software. I figure around $2600 will get me a fast enough one to do what I need, and to last about 4 years...or until I get enough money to afford another one.

Rm250RF900R
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Alien ware is sopposed to be the "gamers" best friend. Thats what its purpose was I'm pretty sure. But for close to $3,000. No thanks. I'll just buy a dell.

bigredhead
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
how do you find the hard drive ? does it give off a high pitched squeeel ?

RedRider_AK
11-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I just ordered a new compy for myself online, and it has surprisingly similar specs:

P4 3.0 GHz
1 Gb dual channel DDR2 RAM
Radeon video card
80 gig SATA hdd (with another 80 gigs in an external drive)
19" flat panel LCD display
Sound Blaster Audigy card
Plenty of other goodies

Total: 1130.00

Maine_Triker
11-17-2005, 08:36 PM
how do you find the hard drive ? does it give off a high pitched squeeel ?
Yeah, it kinda does.... nothing to annoying though. We're using the hard drive from the old computer as a secondary drive in this one.... perfect for backing up files! And I get to keep all my old pics!