PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky pond drainage??

Lomax
11-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I have lived in the same area all my life (hell the same road). Anyway there is a pond that was dug by my relatives like 30 years ago or something there about. Over the years it has slowly gotton lower and lower now to the point it is about to dry up. I am tired of waiting as this nice hard clay bed is begging for a nice race track. Any ideas on how I might could speed the process up a little bit without firing up the Water pump and letting the whole neigborhood know how I am going to be annoying them in the future???

bigredhead
11-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Submersible pump.. electrical.

Nice and quiet.. and the high volume one's work very well !!!

Banage
11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
just start ridding on a warm day. Water is great (unless its too deep) plus, the ruts will help break up the clay to speed up draining

Lomax
11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Its already started getting chilly here. The only thing that concerns me with that idea, it will break up the clay, the clay will get soft, my BigBear will sink. There is no way I am putting my 350X in there untill its nice and dry.

YAMAHA_Jim
11-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Get a garden hose or other type of hose or pipe and siphon it out.That is silent. It will work as long as you have an area lower than the lowest point of the pond to drain the water to.

Lomax
11-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Well it turns out I dont have to be sneaky about it anymore. I was talking to some of the fellow neigbors about draining it and they were all for it. I failed to mention the "Race Track" part of things........

jmack3986
11-25-2005, 12:59 PM
do it build big jumps. jumps that you will be afraid of doing remember table tops take alot of dirt doubls are about half the work and if it is big enough i will come and help thrash around on it. it is really cold here in ohioi am wrapped up in blankets on my computer. but like i said go big or go home.

Lomax
11-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Being winter time, the rains are coming, so I am going to proceed with draining but construction will be hard pressed because it will be a mudhole for the next few months. Everything is undecided on how it will be setup

dreadhed
11-25-2005, 09:07 PM
That would be nice to have in the back yard.