PDA

View Full Version : Million dollar meteorite found with 3 wheeler

83200e
11-21-2005, 03:13 PM
I saw this in todays paper,and saw the picture.The "sophisticated m/d equipment " was being drug around by a kawasaki KLT. :w00t:

"A 1,400-pound stony-iron pallasite meteorite found in Kiowa County is the largest of its type ever recovered in the United States, and the third largest in history. The media have dubbed it "The Million Dollar Space Rock"

Steve Arnold, 39, a professional meteorite hunter from Arkansas has found and excavated a meteorite weighing almost three quarters of a ton from a farmer’s field near Haviland, Kansas. The discovery was made in late October using sophisticated metal detecting equipment. It is one of the most valuable meteorite finds ever made in the United States and is of historic and scientific importance."

85hondaatc125m
11-21-2005, 07:41 PM
That goes to show that 3 wheelers arent so bad, you should send that to the people who banned 3 wheelers and tell them that they are being used for good things.

smokinwrench
11-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Dang I live about 60 miles form Haviland Ks. I wish they would find something like that in my back yard.