PDA

View Full Version : First snow of the year!!

nouseforaname90
11-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Well yesterday when I woke up for school, I was excited to see that there was snow on the ground. Not much though.. only about 1/8th of an inch, and it melted by the time I got home, so I couldn't ride in it. But today when I woke up I was estatic to see a 4 inch serving of the fluffy stuff in my yard. I didn't even think before I got up, got dressed, and went out for a ride. The SX is no longer a snow-virgin since being bought by me. It loved the snow. And I loved it too. It is so much better than my dad's 2 Big Red's. Those Chen Shins grab so much better than the knobbies, and they never let me down. I stopped right in the middle of a hill to test them out. My dads Big Red would have just spun and made me go down backwards, but I popped it into second, gunned it, and up went the SX. It doesn't compare to the Big Red. The power and traction is so much better. Not to mention a better ride with the suspension. I rode for about an hour and a half before calling it quits. And something else that I never experienced on my dads Big Red in the snow was a donut. Ohh this thing can pull the donuts. I love it. I have a feeling that this winter is going to be a really good one for the SX.
I was going to get you guys some pics, but I couldn't come inside covered in snow to get my camera. So I'll take some the next time I go. After the ride, the SX was coated in snow. There was about an inch of frozen snow/ice under the fenders, and you couldn't even distinguish the shock from the swing arm because it was COVERED in snow. Even the 350X headlight lenses had a good 1/2 inch of frozen snow on them. It was a great day, and now I'm off to eat some turkey. Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone! And I'll get some pics up the next time I go riding.

Rm250RF900R
11-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah we got about 5 inches over here. Never really realized how much I missed the white stuff.

edog
11-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Sounds like fun.

Tri-ZNate
11-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah well we are getting these pansy ass squalls here in Northeast PA and its pissing me off. I have so many things I need to test this winter but no snow is comming on. Have fun and remember, snow eats gas faster. Dont run out too fast :beer

ANTI-QUAD
11-24-2005, 03:28 PM
were gwtting 3-4 inches in southern maine...took the x out for a rip

Yamahauler
11-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Still no more snow here. It says its suposed to snow all next week though :D