PDA

View Full Version : Heres a new paypal scam

x.system
11-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Got this in my email a few minutes ago. It simply shows up as PayPal on my main page, not service@paypal which it should show as. If you get one of these DO NOT CLICK THE LINK

At first I was like wtf, I didn't buy a watch but after looking at it closly its not the same as paypal when you purchase something. Theres no link to the watch anywhere either.

Dear PayPal member,

This email confirms that you have paid OMEGAMOVE (sales@omegamove.com) $395.85 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL OMEGAMOVE".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: Omega Constellation Men Watch - mint
Quantity: 1

Total: $380.85 USD

Cart Subtotal: $380.85 USD
Sales Tax: $15.00 USD
Cart Total: $395.85 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping Information

Shipping Info: James Dickinson
184 Hadley Dr.
Chicago, IL 60614
United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel the payment and get a full refund.
Dispute Transaction

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP120

LonesomeTriZ
11-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I have seen that one before. All you can really do is send it to Paypal and maybe they will track it down.

Howdy
11-26-2005, 08:48 PM
I have seen that one before as well. Here is a new one I haven't seen until 2 days ago.

Item: SA01 BSA Cub Scout Uniform Shirt Youth Medium 10-12 Med (7726390067)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
39katharineb769 is a potential buyer.

We are searching for a partner (person or organization) to represent
our firm and receive payments on our behalf for a reward of certain per cent of
sales volume. Payments will be paid for our products from US buyers in form of
paypal payment, check or m/order. You don't need to spend anything for beginning. Additional info is available on request.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Cordially,
Katharine

I got a total of 5 of these within 15 minutes from 2 different users. They had signed up the same day they sent me the email. I promptly contacted Ebay and they investigated. Within a couple hours they had suspended those users. It's nice to know Ebay took quick action. I just hope the scammers didn't get anyone to fall for it.
Howdy

Mosh
11-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I got one that said someone from the UK was trying to get into my account. It even had dates these attempts were made. It said to proceed with the investigation click below and if i didn't my account would be suspended. I almost fell for it because the dates it gave me were the same as the dates someone form the UK contacted me about my website. I contacted Paypal directly and found out it was a fake. One thing to always keep in mind is Paypal will always address you by your name, not Paypal member or whatever.

holmstrom
11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I wonder if thats what happened to a guy i work with. He has a credit card he has only used for pay pal and someone charged $1600 to some engineering place and $970 to tattoogolf.com with it.

DeePa
11-28-2005, 01:34 AM
remember one thing...ebay and paypal will never send you anything except receipts...you should never go in any email links from paypal or ebay and youll be all set

when i get scams i like to fill them out with bogus information haah...it makes me feel good inside.

davham
11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I got one for a watch also but it was for only $138.00 from some guy in california. A guy that works with my wife took the bait about 4 months ago and was robbed of $260. Though paypal has been helping he hasn't gotten a dime back yet.