PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale no more

YTZ250N
02-22-2003, 09:03 PM
I figured somthing like this would happen. They filed for Chapter eleven bancrupcy. What would you expect from someone who want $12,500 for a golf cart?

ATCRYDER
02-22-2003, 10:27 PM
:o :o :o

No kidding?? I never heard anything about that....

I'm an avid mountain biker and their Mountain Bikes are great and even well-priced....thats gotta be great money right there. Not to mention their MX Bikes.

HemiChallenger71
02-23-2003, 12:08 AM
They seemed to be doing well, wonder why it happened. Must be this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro economy.

Matt_200s
02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
I take it the average rider dosent want to go out and spend $12 000 on a bike when they could get one with roughly the same performance (from what I read in dirtwheels) for cheaper.

REDMAN225
02-23-2003, 03:35 PM
really....where'd hear that? i know a few guys who r gonna be very upset.

HemiChallenger71
02-23-2003, 06:52 PM
They were good machines but they needed to have an affordable entry level model, then the big performance model after that. They did it backwards. $7,000 for the regular 400cc Model isn't to bad actually for what you get, but people would rather have a faster cheeper quad like the predator or raptor.

Big Darn Mike C
02-24-2003, 05:55 AM
They had to charge that much for their machines because they have so much into them. Fuel injection, hydraulic clutch, aluminum frame and all the other goodies they come with, those things aren't cheap. I don't think they are overpriced by any means because you do get what you pay for, but it does suck for them that anyone can go out and buy a Banshee or raptor and be faster. I don't really buy that though, I would take a cannondale over anything but a banshee. I think I could beat any of those quads ass on a CDale. With the exception of the banshee of course ;)

TimSr
02-24-2003, 12:10 PM
There are very few actual drag race competitions, and thats not what MFG's are aiming at.

Cannondales were built "race ready" which meant to run in actual sanctioned competitions,(which is not a 1/2 mile drag on blacktop) and for this, the price tag was quite inexpensive. Your average 400EX used for amateur MX racing far exceeds to cost of the stock Cannondale which would be similarly equipped. When it comes to real sanctioned competitions, the stock Cannondale is one of the best bets out there. Real sanctioned competition involves a lot more than dragging which why trikes get their butts kicked so bad, and the Banshees, Raptors, DS650s, and other mondters are getting beat by 400EXs, Z400s, and Cannondales.

Big Darn Mike C
02-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Yeah that is ture I didnt even look at it like that. So really anyone that bought that machine got a pretty damn good deal I would say.

84250r
02-25-2003, 02:41 AM
I figured somthing like this would happen. They filed for Chapter eleven bancrupcy. What would you expect from someone who want $12,500 for a golf cart?

I agree,,,i know it wouldnt be me! Never really cared for them anyways,,,so no big deal over here :)

YTZ250N
02-25-2003, 09:30 AM
They filed because they had invested too much time into the R&D of their bikes. Don't get me wrong those are some of the nicest and competetive bikes out there. Talking to some GNCC racers about this and they told me that nobody really liked the mx bike (2 wheeler) they called it the cannonwhale. they are going to keep the mountain bikes around but cut everything else. We'll know later this week what will happen they will more than likely sell the quad manufacturing division to the highest bidder. I heard Polaris and Harley davidsons' name thrown around.They already stopped serviceing the quads for warranty work too, so if you got one and it breaks too bad for you.