PDA

View Full Version : premix only oil in a sleds injection system

hrc85250r
11-27-2005, 11:48 PM
i was wondering, what would happen if you used premix only oil in a sled that has an injection system? i am guessing it has to do with one of two or possibly both of these things, 1, how thick it gets when its cold, or 2, that premix oil HAS to be actually mixed with gas to lubricate correctly...im not sure, maybe premix oil can get varnish-y like gas or something, idk...thought id throw it out there....

oddball3
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I believe its the flow rate. Get a good injection oil. I run klotz synthetic injection oil. The oil has to be able to flow at colder temps.

rustbucket
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
seems like it has to do with how thick it is or viscosity. I remeber my suzuki bikes had injection and they called for 30weight suzuki cci oil. It also has to do with how concentrated it is. with premix you want as much lubricant in the oil. because you can't mess with it after you dump it in. but with injection the amount of lubricant is controlled constantly by throttle position and engine speed.

IrvSLedman
12-15-2005, 01:41 AM
okay...lol well i have had sleds for ever, i had a indy 600triple liquid. that turned into a 440.. and now is a 500 bored over, and i just piicked up an indy 400 liquid, i also had many other sleds when i was young, my advice. Pre Mix ONLY. it wont hurt anything my sleds have injectors. but when they fail.. well your Effed. my buddy had a aritic cat 440, injector fialed, and the sled siezed up. So use premix only!!

RedRider_AK
01-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Most of the 2-stroke oil I've seen has been labeled "Premix/Injection oil" so I'm guessing it should work fine.

hrc85250r
01-18-2006, 12:21 AM
try using castor 927 in your sled and tell me how it turns out :cool: