PDA

View Full Version : Hare scramble next year

jmack3986
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
i think it would be sweet to do a team harescramble through the woods next year. all we would have to really do is mark off a course about a mile long through the woods and lets say run for about 1 hour-2 hours. i think that would be an awsome racing event fo us to do. cause alot of people dont like to run track but they do like to run in the woods. and a nice tight course would make for some good racing eh.

atctim
11-30-2005, 05:49 PM
would the staff at Haspin Acres object? I personally like the idea. Maybe a Friday morning / afternoon event??????

3leggeddog
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
not too bad of an idea.we got some many events already though.plus the poker run is through the woods,and at a pace everyone can enjoy.i would not mind the racing of it,but not everybody wants to race.let's see what feedback comes in and go form there.

Billy Golightly
11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
We had originally privately discussed a harescramble, but it was decided a poker run where everyone can go at whatever pace they want would be a better choice. Theres so much stuff to pack in the few days we have there.

3leggeddog
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
yeah that was my point,i think the poker run is more group oriented.

Derrick Adams
11-30-2005, 10:46 PM
I totally agree with this. We already have the drags and MX. I think a woods race would be neat, but we need to be more well rounded and not leave out the trail riders.

350Xhilaration
11-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd have to agree...good idea, but not enough time... and I peter'd out after the motos and got arm pump so bad in the final race I had to bail on lap two and I didnt even ride that hard...No way I could do a 2 hour woods race...:(

Jason Hall
11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
I think If you had a kinda short woods race it would be fun. Especially if you pick a good spot at Haspin were you can pass. I'm all for it, If your arms are to week then don't race in the woods :lol: . I think a trike has a huge advantage in the woods with trees:w00t:

jmack3986
12-01-2005, 02:26 AM
I think a poker run would be neat, i just posted this up as a idea. i think you should do a poll billy to see what people want. a harescramble is fun when ran through the woods, a team event harescramble would be a better suggestion. and you can run all the trike geneally speaking at the same time. if you get 10 teams then we can have a little event. and it can be seperated from the poker run itself. it is just an idea. I would do a poll thogh billy and post it up.

jmack3986
12-01-2005, 02:29 AM
it could be done on friday morning like atc tim said and then we can use that route for the poker run on lets say saturday afternoon. or evening. but then majority would have to rule on it. poker runs arent bad. but i just dont like to be behind slower riders.

max
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
if anyone actually rode the trails at haspin they would have seen that they already have poker run trails maped out and marked. "hmmm yeah. im going to need you to go ahead and come in on saturday"