PDA

View Full Version : My Escalade door handles and painted tailgate on my Silverado

Mike Fort Laud
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM
I just found this at the right price on ebay. They were at my local Chevrolet dealer so I went and bought them. I have always hated the black plastic handles on the Silverado trucks. I always see the chrome handle covers on the trucks around here and do not like them because everybody has them. I don't like to follow the crowd. I see the expensive billet ones but they look like the chrome covers. The ones I bought are Escalade handles from GM. They are factory color matched and have the chrome pull handle. I am also installing the Chrome Escalade door handles on the inside. I think it looks a lot cleaner now.

85hondaatc125m
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
That looks alot better!, it almost looks bulky with the black door handles on there, on my brothers truck (94 ford ranger) he painted the plastic inside trim of the door handle white to match the outside paint and it looks really good, and he painted the speaker grills, thats what you should do now.

Live4today
11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
That does look a hell of alot better. Doesn't that come stock with the Denali package?

xd 200x
11-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Now all you need is the esclade front end package they sell and you will be blinged out. looks good

Huffa
11-30-2005, 06:35 AM
That looks a whole lot better!

The only possible draw back is the cup part tends to get scratches in it over time from not being careful when opening and now that it is actuall painted it may scratch easier but the trade off weighs with the silver for sure and silver hides scratches . I see this a lot on those type of handles (well the indention part, not handle) but can't :confused: figure out what people do to get them that way.

Must be woman with long nails or something?

If it was mine I would see if you could install clear vinyl right at the scratch "zone" section. No one would ever see it anyway. Unless of course it is just you that drives it all the time.