PDA

View Full Version : The official "Poker Run" post

Derrick Adams
12-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Once we get approval from Haspin Acres we would like to add a "Poker Run" to this years festivities. The time is yet to be determined.
Here's how it works. We will have a pre-determined, marked course thru-out the vast trails of Haspin Acres. Participants will receive a ticket when starting the ride at the Pavilion. You will then receive three more tickets at various locations along the course, and your last one when returning back to camp.

THE RULES:
To compete you must finish the course with all 5 tickets to receive your playing cards. So don't loose them on the course! No-one can trade in more than 5 tickets for extra cards. Your cards will be documented when you receive them and the one with the best hand WINS!

THE QUESTIONS:
Since this is the planning forum, here's your chance to give input.
Are you interested in competing in this type of event?
How long would you like it to be (time)?
What day is best for this event?
How difficult do you want the course?

It should be added that regardless of difficulty, the course will always have alternate routes to provide less experienced riders the opportunity to compete as well. Alternate courses will be designated with different color markers.

Kintore
12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Sounds good to me Derrick-
THE QUESTIONS:
Since this is the planning forum, here's your chance to give input.
Are you interested in competing in this type of event?
- I would be glad to participate in this kinda thing, sounds fun!
How long would you like it to be (time)?
- A few hours, 2-3 sound good?
What day is best for this event?
- Since MX is on sat, drags on friday night. Either friday morning or afternoon im my opinion. Reason for friday is everyone will be there mostly to take part.
How difficult do you want the course?
- Average, some hard spots some fast trail riding.

So its nothing or anything like a time trail? just ride, get cards and meet up at the end and get the best hand?

Howdy
12-03-2005, 12:31 PM
So its nothing or anything like a time trail? just ride, get cards and meet up at the end and get the best hand?

This is excactly a ride at your leasure.
Example: Say it's set up to last from 9:00 to 11:00 AM and you start at 9 and get back at 11 you have just as good a chance ending up with the best Poker hand as someone that may do the whole course in 1 hour. What we are looking for is participation / fun. Some people may want to ride it twice if there is time ( just for the fun of it ).
You only get 1 Poker Hand no matter how many times you may ride the course. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I think it should be fairly easy for the most part. Use some of the graded road/trail area, and then dip back down into the woods, come back out again, ect. I would like to see one or two moderately challenging areas for some of the more experienced riders, but it should be easily avoidable. Also, make sure it doesn't run through any more mud then necessary...Thats a big turn off for a lot of people with clean machines.