PDA

View Full Version : Need idea for my new ebay 50cc quad..

thehickfarmer
12-04-2005, 02:52 PM
i just got this lil beast here. i am having a few ideas for it. and need your input.
first one. put a honda atc 110 or atc 125M motor in it.
second-put some wider a arms and or taller shocks.
third-put my old stock kawasaki praire 360 rims and tires on it.(25 inch)
fourth- put a smaller front sprocket and bigger rear for some more power to turn these massive tires.
give me your idea on what i could do. or some new idea?
here is the machine http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4595284222&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
thanks!
Marko

400exXx
12-04-2005, 07:04 PM
why dont you just get a raptor 50?? or raptor 80 not some fake japanese ****

peeweesp
12-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Price diffrence a rapto 80 or 50 is alot more than one of those, and i think you mean fake chinese, japanese bikes are good, Ie Honda, Suzuki

thehickfarmer
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Price diffrence a rapto 80 or 50 is alot more than one of those, and i think you mean fake chinese, japanese bikes are good, Ie Honda, Suzuki

exactly my point!

400exXx
12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
confused with china and japan....

oddy_fever
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
The price seems good. How is th equality?

peeweesp
12-06-2005, 10:28 PM
quality will be kinda bad but, but liek the old saying is, you get what you pay for

darrel632
12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
1.) Nothing wrong with LiFan motors, they've been making them for Honda for 15 years or more. The same co. where you bought the quad has some parts kits -- buy them, 10 years from now you'll need stuff you can't find.

2.) take the entire suspension apart and put in new grade 6 or better bolts, I don't know why but they tend to wear / bend the **** out of the bolts which ruins bushings. graphite; NOT grease every bushing, bearing you can.

3.)You can run them straight out of the box, you probably shouldn't! Change the oil, pull the plug turn them over with the starter put in the equivalent NKG plug, make sure there is no oil on the piston and check and retension all the bolts/nuts you can.

4.) Check the brakes, a couple of small machines that were packing crate specials (FMC, MAXISS, and a Polaris Eton) that came through my shop had missing parts and or grease in the drum / shoe area

Spend 12 to 20 hours doing a dealer type prep and you kid won't be angry when his machine is sitting dead or broken on a trail ride.
Plan on oil changes every 8 to 15 hours of use, It's only a 3.5 HP motor
Have fun, most important!!!!

Darrel

New2ATC
12-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with darrel. I had a chinese xr50 thing and the plug went in a week, and there was oil over the engine from being shipped on its side. Also the swingarm bolt was broken and bent the swingarm mounts.. not too bad but still.. good bolts are a must.. Maybe make it a racer type quad.. lol widen it and all..

thehickfarmer
12-07-2005, 04:35 PM
thank you very much darrel!
Marko

Mr. Sandman
12-07-2005, 04:35 PM
1.) Nothing wrong with LiFan motors, they've been making them for Honda for 15 years or more.

You better check your facts dude, as Lifan DOES NOT make motors for Honda. Never have, never will, although they have been copying Honda motors which is why Honda has been suing the pants of them for trademark infringements. Click on the link and read all about it.http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/2003-11/18/content_282273.htm

darrel632
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
If you read the article it is over NAME infringement not the manufacture of motors based on some dufus possibly putting Honjda on the case, LIFAN manufactured lawn mower, weed whacker, pump, gen motors for Honda for years using HONDA provided molds and machining tools, and to date are the LARGEST manufacturer of 660 cc and smaller 4 and 2 stroke motors in the world. Most of the motors that LiFan has "stolen" from Honda, Suzuki, kawasaki, Mitsubishi etc.that are in the knock off atv / motorcycle class are not patented anymore and are concidered "old technology" these engines are just "points" motors upgraded to CDI. I've been in the LiFan facilities, and watched HONDA techs doing QA tests on engines that were stamped and decaled HONDA.
BEEN THERE, SEEN THAT, DONE IT. Working overseas for the biggest oil company in the world for 15 years, you get to see things.

Mr. Sandman
12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Just because it's "old technology" no longer protected by a patent does not make it a Honda or Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, or whoever they stole the technology from. I highly doubt that any of the big four sold their molds to anyone. Doing so would be a very poor business decision for any of them, not to mention allowing an off brand vendor to put inferior products on the market that the average joe could not tell the difference from being real or counterfeit.

Call it what you want, knockoff, counterfeit, copy, fake, whatever, a Honda is a Honda and a ripped off design is not. Lifan may make motors for Honda's small equipment as you mentioned (but I don't believe it), I do believe there's probably a lot more to the use of name/trademark lawsuit than we know. And if Lifan is a major supplier of engines to Honda, why would they risk that relationship by doing something as stupid as calling their motor a Hongda? It doesn't quite add up.

All in all, the chinese made quads and bikes are nothing more than disposable crap, but as someone already said, you get what you pay for, so when it breaks down the first week or month you have it, take it to your local Honda dealer for warranty work (since it has a Honda motor after all) just be prepared to be laughed out the front door.

Meat-BoX
12-08-2005, 05:13 PM
I heard it about impossible to get any help from the dealer and manufacturer.

darrel632
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
The dealer has parts (limited) no warranty, no service, no nothing, do the work yourself. They are very simple in construction and maintenance, if they blow up; buy parts, install them yourself, its one of the reasons they are cheap to buy.

Hick ... you wanted to modify, probably the only thing realistic is a K&N and heavier shocks, taller doesn't work because of pitch and camber and you would have to custom build A-arms which is expensive. No limit CDI's are available and baby supertrapp type exaust.
Maybe from 3.5 to 5 hp max (1.5 total gain)
The manufacturer says 250 lb max load, 150 to 180 would be more realistic for very hard surfaces. and 80 to 125lb would be the ideal max working range (8 to 13 years of age??) My kids have a 90 and a 110 2 stroke auto clutch, I wouldn't (at 185lb) take the 90 more than a couple of miles from home on gravel and hard pack. The 110 is ok if its dry for my weight (Ditch riding, fields etc.)

Darrel