PDA

View Full Version : Swap Meet

Meat-BoX
12-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I believe I heard this mentioned before but an event like Trikefest needs a Swap Meet. Just anyone with parts bring as much as you can and set up at your spot.

Its a good way to sell or Trade parts and meet new people. Plus it looks good to people who may want to come or anyone covering the event for a Magazine or website. Allso think about a Calender, I need one with Trikfest Chaos Pics to keep my days and months straight.

Its nice to see the parts before you buy them. I know ive bought about 5 items off of E-Bay that werent right.

Oh yea I probably will make it this year now that I can ride. But now I can work allso "thank god" but it might jam me up being new on a job with no vacation time accumulated:eek:

Yamahondaman
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Thats a good idea like at the ATV Natls , people do that ... the only thing is you gotta stay by your table and lots of people would rather be riding and stuff ..unless we take turns watching the tables for each other...

TravEX
12-23-2005, 01:25 AM
I like that idea too. Maybe have it for a couple hours each day of TF, around lunch, that way we have the rest of the day to play! I got a few small things I could bring.

LonesomeTriZ
12-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Thats a good idea like at the ATV Natls , people do that ... the only thing is you gotta stay by your table and lots of people would rather be riding and stuff ..unless we take turns watching the tables for each other...

I agree, it would ba a big pain in the ass. not to mention the hauling and setting up. Then you have to deal with hauling back what did not sell. Screw it, I'll just post my stuff one piece at a time here.

OldSchoolin86
12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I still feel it's just one of those things that if you want to do it then you and who ever else is interested should set up some tables and let it be known here that you'll be doing it. I think it would be cool to see some parts for sale but I'm not sure that it needs any major organizing to make it happen. Treat it like TF and get some people with common interest together and see what happens. Good idea but don't be afraid to start out small or independent on this one.

85ytz250n
04-10-2006, 12:31 AM
I agree, it would ba a big pain in the ass. not to mention the hauling and setting up. Then you have to deal with hauling back what did not sell. Screw it, I'll just post my stuff one piece at a time here.

Or you could just sell it all to me and not have to worry about it at all. J/K, well almost. Is anyone bringing any Tri-z parts with them? I would probably be game on a few for my Z. I am trying my dangdest to work it out where I will be able to make it to my first TF this year, but it wont be easy. Nothing worth doing ever is easy though.