PDA

View Full Version : 6 to 10 inches on the way

YAMAHA_Jim
12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
SNOW SNOW SNOW
Unfortunately I cant enjoy it b/c I will be working.

Howdy
12-08-2005, 07:44 PM
We are getting snow now!! got 2-3" on the ground and another 1-3" ( 4-6" total ) expected. I just wish we would get 12" or more here. I love snow!!
Howdy

nouseforaname90
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
We've got an expected 10-12" over the next 2 days :)

Tri-ZNate
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
9-12 here in Northeast PA! Can waitr to test some toys out

Kintore
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
10 cm here, witch is around 4 inches I think. Already got like 3-4 inches on the ground. I cant wait!

edog
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
SNOW SNOW SNOW
Unfortunately I cant enjoy it b/c I will be working.

I think it will still be there when you get out of work.:p

wanta250r
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Would you people quit hogging all the snow! I want some over here too you selfish snow whores. Lol. But seriously, I need some snow.:cry:

350x'inNY
12-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Here in Michigan this is just called a heavy frost :) . It was a little chilly today at 3 below but did warm up to 12 -14 F.

john

Yeah... I need a bit more snow to feel safe taking my US90 out for a lil spin! I also got to test out the Pro-Wedge II tires out in the fluffy stuff! :w00t: :w00t:

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
we are looking at 4-8 inches by morning here in northern va, still have about an inch left from monday, if we get all that im sure all ill be riding is the foreman!:lol:

250r'en +TCB
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
10-12in here tomorrow!!!! SNOW DAY!!!!!! Plan do ride the R all day!!! Power sliding heavan!!! And yes, I'll be driving way to fast!!!

YAMAHA_Jim
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Before I plowed snow for a living,I used to enjoy going road riding on my snowmobile while it was snowing.Ideal conditions would be before the roads get plowed and usually more than 4 inches of snow, zero visability at night if its snowing hard enough.
I took the blaster out a few times but it doesnt have enough motor to be racing up and down snow covered roads for hours.I took the tri-z out road/trail riding once with 2 other snowmobiles.It still had the stock tires on it and they were almost bald.It went decent on the roads if you just eased through tthe powerband. The snowmobiles left me behind on the roads but I stayed right with them on the trails.These were 2 old sleds(kawasaki 440 and a 292 lynx).The trails were packed down from other snomobiles so it was wide enough for the tri-z and there wasnt any ruts for the front wheel to get caught in.Awesome riding I tell ya,lol
Another advantage of being able to ride during the snow is packing the trails down before the snow gets to deep. Many times I've gotten home from work and couldnt ride because the snow is too deep.
J Swinehart- I'm always tired after plowing but I usually grab a cup of coffee on the way home so I have a lil bit of energy to ride for an hour or two :) Then its bedtime.

Wickedfinger
12-09-2005, 12:22 AM
SHHHHH ... I might skip out on work tomarrow to put the new YT175 through its paces - looking at 5 - 10" here.

Tri-ZNate
12-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Woo Hoo! i woke up at 7a.m. and measured 7 inches outside. I didnt even check for school closings just went out with the John deere for an hour and plowed. Now there is 8½ inches out there but it stopped now.

Rm250RF900R
12-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Its snowing good here. Probably got 3 inches so far. There predicting 6-12 inches so this must be just the beginning.

ATC crazy
12-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Lucky SOB's! All we got was 1" of sleet on top of 1" of snow that we got on Monday morning.

bluevette87
12-09-2005, 09:39 AM
we have 6" here and that is enough.
anybody want some of this?lol

chris200x
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I just got in from shoveling out the drive way. We got a good eight inches or so. I would rather of used the slowblower but like with everything else with me it didn't start.

I would much rather shovel snow than cut grass in that terrible heat and humidity.

edog
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
10 inches today.I will be going out tonight.

Howdy
12-09-2005, 10:03 AM
we have 6" here and that is enough.
anybody want some of this?lol

Send it all my way. I won't have enough until I can't see out my windows. lol
Howdy

250r'en +TCB
12-09-2005, 10:18 AM
^^^ hahaha I feel the same way howdy!!! I won't be happy till I can drive my snowmobile from my roof-top right onto the trails!!!

cliff2302
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
My last day of student teaching at Newarck Valley turned out to be a snow day! woot woot!

Rm250RF900R
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Well so far we got 8 inches and its not even close to being over.

edog
12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Just came in from outside and took a shower,was out for a hour.There is 5 inches on the ground already.W:w00t: ent for a nice ride.My Mud Lites do excellent in the snow.I will probbily go out tonight too.

Mr. Sandman
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
No snow here, but I know how all you mid-west and east coast guys feel. It's cold here in Southern California too. It's only supposed to get up to about 70* today, brrrrr and I'll probably have to mow the lawn tomorrow in shorts & a t-shirt again. :eek:

Rm250RF900R
12-09-2005, 02:23 PM
well here is a little update. Its snowing so hard you cant see a quarter mile infront of you. I went out 2 hours ago and we had 8 inches. Now I look, there a little over 10 inches and the heavy snow isnt sopposed to stop until 3:00pm. Thats another 2 hours. Man, Central Massachusetts got it baddd. Took the Kabota out and that sure was fun. 4wd with the front end loader down just pushing away... The worst part is all of our snow plows are broke so there will be 12 inches of snow on my driveway for a couple days.

Murph
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
we finally got some snow here. Only about 3-4 inches, covering and inch of ice. I was ridin my 110 up and down an alley behind my house. Theres one spot of nothing but ice, man it was fine. I could sit on it and spin my tires like crazy, and only move a couple inches, then spin all around. Wish I coulda had someone videoing me.

ATC crazy
12-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Send it all my way. I won't have enough until I can't see out my windows. lol
Howdy

Im the same way Howdy! Even though all my windows are 6-8' off the ground :eek:

I just got back from driving around. I live on the back roads...so the plows aint even touched them yet. They are still covered in hard packed snow/ice. It's soooo much fun now that I got a truck to play around in. :Bounce

YAMAHA_Jim
12-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure on the snow total but its somewhere around 12-14 inches in the town I do most of my plowing in. I saw a few 3' snow drifts today to,very windy after the storm ended. I got about 10 inches in my yard.
Finally got some pics of my plowmobile. I spent 14+ hrs(4am-6:30pm) in it today and burned up 3/4 of a tank of gas.Heres the sad part, The trip only reads 74 miles.I zero it out before I start plowing. I dont know how big the gas tank is but it wouldnt matter,Thats poor gas mileage by any standards. With the plow on and the sander fully loaded, the truck is overloaded by a few hundred pounds.Sometimes you can actually feel the truck rolling side to side on the tires.I will say it is dangerous driving on the road but its great to have all the weight for plowing.
After work I still had some energy so I decided to take the Z and the ytm out. Considering the rear tires on the Z it didnt do too bad.I spun the turftamers alot but never got stuck. Once I had my track all packed down I started going much faster and clearing the jumps.After about 30 minutes on the track I realized my body was telling me to STOP and retire for the night.Before I stopped I did a few runs on the slippery road infront of my house.The Z was every which way but straight.If I caught dry pavement I woulda flipped for sure.I forgot how much fun it was to ride a 250cc trike in the snow.
Thats it for now.I gotta shower and sleep so I can plow again tomorrow.
,,,,,The Tri-Z parked in the snow is my new desktop background.

nouseforaname90
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
I went out on the SX too after our big snow. There were some places where the snow had built up to 2 feet (THAT stuff was fun.. it wasn't a drift, either.. it had just built up that high on hills), and there were some 3- 3 1/2 foot drifts. Needless to say I had a ton of fun. Spent 3 hours riding in it.

Actually in one place, it was built up so high that it was almost over my front fender. Well I decided that I had to take advantage of this. So i went to the top of my yard (it was at the other end.. about 3 acres between us to get up to speed) and gunned it. By the time I got down to that snow, I was in 4th gear half throttle (I was afraid to go too fast and i was going through 1 foot deep snow) and when I plowed through it, a whole wave of snow came flying up into my face. The snow ended up melting on my face when I closed my visor, and when I reopened it, it froze on my face. I had a few little icicles on my face when I was done riding, and I'm not joking.

Tri-ZNate
12-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah plows didnt come through here till like 2 p.m. so I took the sno-runner on the paved roads since I dont have any of my trikes at my house. Lotssa fun!

Banage
12-14-2005, 10:48 AM
last night nothing, woke up thismorning 6 inches. WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO cant wate to get out there and 4wheel it (truck) i think its too much for a trike

Rm250RF900R
12-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Well it turns out we got a total of 16 inches of snow. They were only predicting 6-10 inches! I'm not so sure im ready for this next storm which is sopposed to be friday. There prediciting snow/ freezing rain, and sleet. This should be fun :crazy:

ATC crazy
12-14-2005, 02:51 PM
This sucks! I hate living on the line. By the "line", I mean the border between rain, and big snow. So...instead of 12" of snow...we get 1/2" of snow and then 1/2" of ice. :mad:

Guess what we are supposed to get tonight? :naughty:

1/2" of ice! :mad: :(

staceyl200
12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Damn you guys are lucky buggers !!! the last time I can remember we had snowdrifts was in 1982 and we had a week extra off school after the xmas holidays ,ever since then its been crap !!! I had about 3inches a couple of weeks ago and it brought the country to a standstill !!! LOL !! England and Wales cannot cope with a bit of snow !!!!

Tri-ZNate
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
England and Wales cannot cope with a bit of snow !!!!

Sounds like the southern states :lol:.

Anyway this friday we are supposed to have like a good ½in of ice along with 10 inches of snow.

400exXx
12-18-2005, 12:34 AM
god i wish i lived in north louisiana or a northern state the neworleans area doesnt get much snow (every few years) except last year on christmas about an inch

it supposed to snow this year hopefully it does i love it!