PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Quadracer 450

Orangecnty250r
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I am shopping for a new quad and was all set to buy the 2006 Honda 450r.....Until I read an article on the New Quadracer 450...My dealer doesnt have it yet..Has anyone purchased this or any dealers in your neck of the woods get it yet???

peeweesp
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
i havent been to the dealer in a while but i mostly go to a dealer in scranton PA its called north american warhorse, they are a huge dealer, may want to give them a call see if they got any yet.

http://nawarhorse.com/index2.html

G-MAN-1
12-10-2005, 11:35 PM
call cycle motion in middletown buddy remember they are a SUZUKI dealer now also.ask for darren in sales 845-343-2552

Orangecnty250r
12-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Ahhhh....Only thing I have to pay sales tax in NY....I dont register my machines way to much for how many I have

on1 250r
12-11-2005, 02:13 AM
i WOULDN'T BUY IT UNTILL NEXT YEARS MODEL COMES OUT SO THEY FIX ALL THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COMES WITH A NEW MODEL BIKE.

NOS_350X
12-11-2005, 02:48 AM
** caps are on buddy. I dont care tho ** from cali so i already like ya.

Lets sit back for a second and look at suzuki's last quads, the lt's. There JUNK all of them are falling appart. Suzuki dosent know how to keep there S-together. The Suzuki might be faster or better handling out of the box but give it a year or 2 and youl be making regular stops at the service department at the dealership. Go with the 06 honda with the HRC kit.

smokinwrench
12-11-2005, 03:43 AM
I was at my Suzuki dealer yesterday. I was told the first one was due in mid January, it would be a demo unit and wouldn't be sold for a while. He said they had 8 scheduled to come in Febuary that would be sold. I'm sure the story is about the same for most dealers.

petesatc
12-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Hey Bill
Like ON1 250r said i wouldn't buy the first model year plus suzuki are'nt know for there great build quality........i'm also going to buy the LT450 but not until the end of the next year when they have been proved out proper....so if you want a quad now go for the trx450r/hrc......i love mine:)
Pete

370banshee
12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
those new lt450's are ugly..... and NOS350X youi are so right about suzuki having there head stuck in their rectal passage

370banshee
12-11-2005, 05:21 PM
but i wouldn't reccemend the new honda... if your gonna get a 450 get teh yamaha... or if you want a fast quad buy a banshee

wheelie king
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Huh?

I don't know what Suzuki's you all have been riding (or maybe not riding, just commenting on), but I think they DO have their "S" together. The Vinson and the King quad have excellent performance reviews and customer satisfaction. It's not like I am some huge Zuke fan or something...hell, look at the sig. I am actually a Honda fan.

Anyway, Just think you all are a little harsh in your judgement. Prolly be pissed when the new QRacer roosts you on your (whatever other brand) quad. I know I would. :rolleyes:

Give it a chance, boys.

200xcellent
12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I love the looks of the new 450, and they are 49.75in wide from the factory!

Orangecnty250r
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I love the looks of the new 450, and they are 49.75in wide from the factory!

The Suzuki 450 is the sweetest and most advanced ride this year...I agree the first year bugs give me the jitters...From the new magazine I got Honda tinkered with there motor and the rest of the machine quite a bit

Some quotes from the 2006 Honda article

"after getting spanked the past two years in the shootouts Honda has given the 450r a very major makeover...While you may focus on the electric start thats a very small part what makes it different from last year".

"Whats new
Except for the basic frame just about everything. From the motor to the A arms to the swingarm the 2006 450r is a new machine""

"Its a new motor, although it may look like the 2005 motor there are no interchangeable parts"

To much to type..... this article in ATV action lists change after change to the Honda....and I thought they just added an electric start!!!!

Anyway the Suzuki LT450 to me mixes modern and its roots (man if only they did the blue motor:D ...Everybody is entitled to there opinion and I respect Hondas quality as I was all set to buy the Honda but I think i need this machine. its baaad.

okieRrider
12-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey orangecounty read the whole rest of that article also.....they complain about the new suspension setup by saying that the new owners that trail ride will be looking for 04-05 suspension...Chris

370banshee
12-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Huh?

I don't know what Suzuki's you all have been riding (or maybe not riding, just commenting on), but I think they DO have their "S" together. The Vinson and the King quad have excellent performance reviews and customer satisfaction.

apple and oranges... we are talking HP quads here not 4X4's and the suzukis got thier rear ends handed to them by the polaris and the honda in the utility market... thats saying alot... i hate polaris

I am actually a Honda fan..

this may be half your problem haha just kidding

Prolly be pissed when the new QRacer roosts you on your (whatever other brand) quad. I know I would. :rolleyes:

Give it a chance, boys.

sorry pal... i'm riding banshees... mainly a ported banshee.... not worried a bit about that ugly new suzuki....

TRIKE
12-12-2005, 01:30 AM
They cannot be bought off the floor yet.You can buy one,but like me you will have to wait for it till January. I have already got mine coming.The first one the local dealer I deal with is getting. If your serious about getting one,do like I did and go put some money down on it,that way your locked to one bfore they cant keep on the floor to get one. First yr or not,its gonna be a good machine.Doug Gust and jeramiah Jones helped design and test it. Theres some movie clips out there about it.Doug Gust has alot of good things to say about it.Yes I no,hes a factory rider and they use him to promote as well but theres also some reality to his comments. The motor has already proven itself in the dirtbike and as for the frame,they fixed the issues with the Z400 in the last couple yrs and you can tell its beefy on the new one. If it can be broke Im sure I will find out! I have a knack at that for some reason. Gl with your decision. Oh,and look out Banshees!! Your tire spinning non traction power is soon to be outdone again.Unless you got paddles and extended swingarms.Porting isnt gonna do it!! Traction will though,can you get some? LoL!!

NOS_350X
12-12-2005, 02:50 AM
but i wouldn't reccemend the new honda... if your gonna get a 450 get teh yamaha... or if you want a fast quad buy a banshee

Have you even riden the 06 trx? It walks all over the YFZ. The banshees need to start watchin out. Give the thumpers some more work and say by by to the 2 strokes.

Wheelie king, Look at the mx bikes, (better comparison than a work quad) there all a step behind. I'm sorry but they just cant hang, there lacking in everything, thats how they have always been.

MTS
12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Have you even riden the 06 trx? It walks all over the YFZ. The banshees need to start watchin out. Give the thumpers some more work and say by by to the 2 strokes.

Wheelie king, Look at the mx bikes, (better comparison than a work quad) there all a step behind. I'm sorry but they just cant hang, there lacking in everything, thats how they have always been.
The Suzuki is at the top of it's class in MX.

350xBomb
12-12-2005, 08:18 AM

HAHAHA!!! Did you guys hear this..."If you want a fast quad get a banshee." HAHAHA!!! I really hope he wasn't serious, because all shootout in every publication put the Banshee dead last. They were great in they're era, but that has long passed. And if you want one to compete, your lookin to sink some serious cash into it.

Blown 331
12-12-2005, 10:25 AM
To much to type..... this article in ATV action lists change after change to the Honda....and I thought they just added an electric start!!!!

Yep, totaly different bike. That's why I just sold my 2004 450R for $1400 less than I owed on it! I was going to keep my exhaust, air filter, and grab bar to put on my 2006 but none of those parts interchange!

wheelie king
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM
sorry pal... i'm riding banshees... mainly a ported banshee.... not worried a bit about that ugly new suzuki....

Talk about apples and oranges....2 stroke vs 4. There is no comparison....:lol: :lol: :lol: My point was missed, evidently. :rolleyes: Don't worry, though. I like those dinosaurs.

I used the ute quads as EXAMPLES because the previous posters just hated on suzuki in general, saying all they made was crap. No specifics, just junk. Not true. My point is that according to sales, customer satisfaction, and performance quality of the bikes (especially the utes), most people would disagree. And they do..;)

There also seems to be real differences of opinion in the MX category. Pretty strong words, NOS350X. I'll save my opinion on that so we do not argue about bikes in the quad forum.

370banshee
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
HAHAHA!!! Did you guys hear this..."If you want a fast quad get a banshee." HAHAHA!!! I really hope he wasn't serious, because all shootout in every publication put the Banshee dead last. They were great in they're era, but that has long passed. And if you want one to compete, your lookin to sink some serious cash into it.

on a MX track a banshee may be last... MX is for bikes... duning, draggin, flattrackin you can't catch a banshee. now about the magazines... how do magazines make thier money.... it;s def not by you buyign the publication for $2.. they make thier money on advertising... have you ever noticed that when a new quad comes out it's automatically the "BEST QUAD EVER" come on we are talking about the amgazines that said a 400ex was faster than a banshee in 99.. said the 450's kill the 250R's... if they publish that 20 year old quads are killign the new ones... nobodys gonan wanna buy the new ones... and... the big comapnies are not gonna want to advertise in the magazine... therefore bancrupting them...

i've raced every 4 stroke except the rappy 700 and LTZ450 in the dunes... not a single one hangs with my banshee with a set of t5 pipes....
what kind of quad you have?????

370banshee
12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Talk about apples and oranges....2 stroke vs 4. There is no comparison....:lol: :lol: :lol: .

exactly... the 2 strokes win....

it's funny how everythign is based on MX when i'd say 10% of the quads sold ever see the MX track... most are out playing with there buddies draggin and trail riding... or playing in the dunes....

TRIKE
12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
MX is for bikes!! HMM This thread is becoming ,,how would Diturbed say it?? Stupified!!

NOS_350X
12-13-2005, 01:31 AM
The Suzuki is at the top of it's class in MX.

Your saying that because RC is doin good on em?? At my local tracks i have never even see a suzuki podium. EVER in ANY class.

350xBomb
12-19-2005, 07:51 AM
on a MX track a banshee may be last... MX is for bikes... duning, draggin, flattrackin you can't catch a banshee. now about the magazines... how do magazines make thier money.... it;s def not by you buyign the publication for $2.. they make thier money on advertising... have you ever noticed that when a new quad comes out it's automatically the "BEST QUAD EVER" come on we are talking about the amgazines that said a 400ex was faster than a banshee in 99.. said the 450's kill the 250R's... if they publish that 20 year old quads are killign the new ones... nobodys gonan wanna buy the new ones... and... the big comapnies are not gonna want to advertise in the magazine... therefore bancrupting them...

i've raced every 4 stroke except the rappy 700 and LTZ450 in the dunes... not a single one hangs with my banshee with a set of t5 pipes....
what kind of quad you have?????

Have a Z400, and a DS650, (damn thing is heavy but comfy) and my baby a 350x (threewheelers at heart), but how much money do you have into that banshee? I havent ridin yours but I bet my Z out handles it and for all the banshees Ive left in the sand I would put it up yers. All a matter of opinion I spose.

370banshee
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
well what i have into it doesn't matter.... being that i traded for it and i had traded fo rthe quad i traded for the absnshee and bought somethign cheap off the guy for the intial perchase... then got a deal on some parts and... did all the labor myself... i have a 98 banshee with some agreesive porting.. dynoport mid-tops, milled head, +2 arms, elkas, and some more goodies... i have about $1300 invested in it.... thats just from making good eeals and saving trick parts off quads when i get rid of them..... i've had 8 banshees in the last year and a half... so i;ve picked up a few things

370banshee
12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
and my shees still not done.... with the porting and pipes i have other engines are getting 50-60 rwhp... i'm guessing mines toward the lower side right now... i have aftermerket ign. for it... and i'm lightening the flywheel and buying a better head for it.... also swapping to a set of 30mm kiehns

MTS
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Your saying that because RC is doin good on em?? At my local tracks i have never even see a suzuki podium. EVER in ANY class.
No, im saying it becuse Every Race i have watched, Local and Pro, The zuke's are up there, not to mention the nemerous Mag Shootouts and what not, there simply a Good bike for once...lol

200xcellent
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
A local pro races his suzuki dirtbike at sunset ramblers and nearly laps people during a 3 lap race. Hes an awesome rider, Zach Ames.