PDA

View Full Version : ebay: shipping and paypal

2strokepwer
12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
My ebay auctions are over now and I had ship to United states only but somebody from canada won two of the auctions. My questions are who would be the cheapest and best shipping service to them and when someone uses paypal from another country, like canada, does paypal give you the correct amount in american dollars? :wondering

jeswinehart
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
For me it is the United States Postal Service. You will have 1 custom form to fill out.
And if i am not mistaken ,,, your paypal funds are in American money if that is how you have it set up (probbly since you are stateside)

john

x.system
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
USPS is easy to ship to Canada and yes, paypal gives you the correct amount. You will have to fill out customs forms for canada but thats easy to, just takes a few minutes.

2strokepwer
12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys and I have one more question...he said that he wanted me to take the new parts out of the wrappers and list them as used so he could aviod taxes and delays. What's the deal on that? or why is that?

jeswinehart
12-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Just like us Americans are taxed and taxed upon taxed ,, heck we even die plus tax,,, our neighbors to the north are in the same boat so to speak.
That form you will need to fill out is a customs declaration and for the most part it is what the customer will be paying duty taxs on.
Not unlike here in the states ,,, if I sold you a trike or what ever that you would register. You would pay sales tax on that amount and instead of me saying you paid the full 1000 dollars (for example) I made my bill of sale out for 500 or what ever.
If it is new in the package the officials would expect the price to be full retail and not used. Being out of the package would indicate it is not a new part.

john

danteross77
12-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Fed Ex offers a ground service to Canada that is cheaper than USPS, but it is a real pain in the rear. Multiple forms in duplicate a real hassle and if the Buyer doesn't pay his duties guess who gets stck with the bill? YOU. I only ship international via USPS. One form no hassles, I have shipped to Canada, Germay, *.K. and even Malta. All of my customer have been pleased. Just be thankful you have a buyer who understands, I have had people in Canada and Italy pay US shipping totals and still expect me to get it to them. I am so frustated, I just might stop shipping international. How am I suppose to get a 10 pound box of parts to Canada for $8.75?

Mobular
12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks guys and I have one more question...he said that he wanted me to take the new parts out of the wrappers and list them as used so he could aviod taxes and delays. What's the deal on that? or why is that?

The buyer will have to pay the taxes on all parts new or used, it doesn't matter either way. No duty is applicable tho. Trust me, I've done this hundreds of times....