PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast for another E-Bay Lamer

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Need Help with E-Bay Sale I dont understand what this dude is doing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plz dont move this thread

I bought a Kick starter and foot peg extenders from this dude in Ballston Spa NY. Im in Syracuse area.
Now this is where I need help. I bought each item for 99 cents.

Heres the links
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D45 95664775%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=4595664775

is the Kick starter

AND

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D45 95670119%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=4595670119
is the footpeg extenders

Now this is the cost and junk for the peg extenders
4595670119 FOOT PEG EXTENDERS 1 US $0.99

Subtotal: US $0.99
Shipping and handling via US Postal Service Parcel Post:
US $7.78

Other shipping choices:

UPS Ground: US $10.17
UPS 3 Day Select: US $14.72

Shipping insurance (Optional US $1.30): --
7.250% NY Sales tax (applies to subtotal + S&H): US $0.64

Total: US $9.41
================================================== =====
This is the info for the KickStarter

4595664775 200 X KICK STARTER LEVER 1 US $0.99

Shipping and handling via US Postal Service Parcel Post:
US $11.13

Other shipping choices:

UPS Ground: US $12.13
UPS 3 Day Select: US $15.36

Shipping insurance (Optional US $1.30): --
7.250% NY Sales tax (applies to subtotal + S&H): US $0.88
Seller discounts (-) or charges (+): US $5.00

Total: US $18.00

Now I figured he just throught some BS down in that lame E-bAY Shipping Calculator and would get the properprice when he sticks these items in a box and sends em out.
I know a package under 2 lbs costs like 3 dollars to ship. he is charging me $8.00 to ship some puny foot peg extenders? And $11.00 for the Kickstarter. I have no Idea where this BS came from as I guess this dude is one of those cheap bastards that over charges shipping by like 200% The thing is what can I do beside to him to stuff it.

Oh yea I love the NYS tax That he has the shipping and handling all wrapped up into. If he is gonna screw people like this he should at least show it on the Auction.

What can I do to not lose my 100% Perfect rating.

DeePa
12-12-2005, 02:15 AM
in my opinion, 18 bucks for a kicker and footpegs isnt a bad deal, and I would just pay it. You gotta be really careful reading all of the **** at the bottom of the page so this doesnt happen again.

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 02:44 AM
I guess * got money to waste. I just told him $10 bucks is what he get or we go through E-Bay. I checked the shipping, Priority at usps is about $4.00 I offered to pay for that Padded envelope (Handeling) he can put both items in it and I will pay for the cost and tax.

If the guy wants money then he should offer it for more. I dont expect to pay $18.00 for a 99 cent item because he wants to make up his own shipping costs and handeling fees.

xd 200x
12-12-2005, 02:46 AM
That is the exact reason that I will never use eBay again unless. I can pick it up. Or if the shipping is stated in the auction. If you contact eBay they will just say tuff and you will get a non-pay strike. Its extortion and complete bull. Wait till you get a guy with a 10.00 handling fee that he forgot to put in the ad.

This is kind of on the same topic but eBay user agreement is a complete joke when it comes to the UCC and auctions. Being in my first year of law school I don’t claim to know much but in studying for my contracts I exam tomorrow.
1. Auction are presumed to be with reserve unless stated.
2. The bidder has the right to retract until the auction is ended unike ebays rulesalso when a bid is retrated the auction starts over It dosent fall back on the guy who got outbid.
3. as to confeds biding. If the winner of an auction finds out that the seller has inflated the price through the use of confed bids. He has the right to purchase the item at the price of the last good faith bid before the inflated bid was entered. Even if it wasn’t his bid. “EBay does not accept this even when you show them that the person is using 2 names” or not purchase the item at all.

Blah blah blah. They completely screw the ucc in their user contract. Because the person placing the bids is making the offer and the person making the offer has control of the offer therefore the bidders are in control not the person selling. Unless it has reserve

Sorry for the long post but I am pissed with eBay right now. And this was 3 pages typed when I sent it to them that and I’ve been awake for 2 days studying

danteross77
12-12-2005, 04:17 AM
I can't beleive He will not combine shipping, Thats ridicoulous. I have had the same thing happen in the past, ebay can still be a great deal as long as you are careful. Right now there is not much you can do. I sell on Ebay frequently and have a 100% rating for almost 500 Transactions. Always ask about shipping before you bid. By paying a higher shipping rate you can sometimes get a better deal though. I recently won a auction for a pull starter and side cover off of a trx 70. The seller wanted $50 to ship, I emailed him and said that sounds high and he said he would charge me $20 instead which was still high, but his high shipping kept everyone else from bidding. I won the entire auction for $50 shipped. The pull starter used alone goes for $50 plus shippping, a new one about $150. The side cover was discontinued and you cannot buy new it Is sold used for $10. I still got a good deal. I just sold a nice kickstarter on ebay this weekend. I charged $5.75 for shipping and the thing went for $21. Just be careful who you buy from, like the guy said previously with the high shipping you still are getting a good deal, you can always leave a neutral or neg feedback or even threaten to do so. There are some real jerks on ebay, but there are some good people also, I have built many of my bikes using ebay which would have never been possible if I hadn't. Just watch those .99 auctions, there is always a catch the seller is charged anout .70 to list and another .50-.85 when the auction is over not to mention the .50 to 1.50 if you pay with paypal. So about $2 to $3 per listing, it is impossible to make any money selling at .99. So they add to the shipping charges. I never list anything for under $5 because I can sit on my rear and what TV and lose money, or better yet ride my Trike. I am not trying to defend the seller what he is asking is not right, but I just wanted you to see things froma seller point of view. Good Luck

twgranger
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
It says the price of shipping and the ny state tax in the auction. You didn't have to bid if you didn't like the price of the shipping.

LonesomeTriZ
12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
A lot of buyers do not understand what is evolved in selling an item on eBay. There is an expense to the seller as well. We have to pay the eBay fees, time, fuel, and packaging material. I let my buyers know there is at least a $2 mark up to help cover some of these cost on most items. Some sellers say nothing about this common mark up and just do it any way. If this seller agrees to you terms, he will lose money. It sounds as though he will be barely breaking even buy selling it to you the way it is stated now. You have to look at it from the seller’s point of view.

thefox
12-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Remind him that at the bottom of his listing it says

" Save on shipping - buy additional items now from this seller's other listings!"

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 11:06 AM
i seem to have lost sight of the shipping charge. I dont care I guess everyone needs at least 1 bad feedback

I Buy and sell on E-Bay for years. So Lonesome you agree that this guy can sell me an item fo 99 cents and when he gives me the total he wants over $18.00 And thats for 1 item. And he doesnt even live 100 miles from me.:rolleyes:
Cmon I see you on the site all the time and I know you do good business but if you agree with that guy good luck selling.

For 2 items at 99 cents each he wants me to pay over $25.00.

I dig handling fees even though I dont do it, but not his style.

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I dont see the shipping and handling fees. I see that calculator but thats not real and its way off.

This is what he just said.

Its like this you bid on my legaly binding contract which includes all shipp fee's 8.73 for lever and 6.16 for pegs if ya did not like this amount why did * bid

I bid because I didnt see these Prices.

Anyway I checked on USP.com and it should cost $4.00 to get both items to my house Priority. Is he allowed to just make up shipping cost he wants. If so I just came up with a Greart Scam by Overcharging Shipping by 1000 bucks, and it would be legally binding.

If I remember correctly I recieved his costs after I won the Auction.

ANYWAY CAN SOMEONE PLZ SHOW HIS SHIPPING COST AND HANDLING FEE ON THE AUCTIONS. I JUST DONT SEE IT ANYWHERE. And if im wrong I would like to appoligize to this dude.

LonesomeTriZ
12-12-2005, 12:49 PM
For 2 items at 99 cents each he wants me to pay over $25.00.

I must have missed soemthing. I did not notice he was charging that much.

OldSchoolin86
12-12-2005, 12:52 PM
My Honest Opinion...........

If you bought from him and used the calculator you are the one in the wrong here. You have to choice to buy or pass on items and if you didn't like his terms you should not have bid on his auctions. So yes I think he is completely in the right here.

EDIT: Just wanted to add then when I encounter high shipping calculations I email the seller and see if they want to do better before I bid. Sometimes they want to deal sometimes they don't.

RichinMO
12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
The shipping calculator is in the space where the shipping cost is NORMALLY listed, you may have thought it was bogus, but sellers do use to figure the amount they charge you. and it is always a big inflated number too. It was there when you bid and it is still there now. One of his auctions does say that you will save money on shipping if you buy other stuff and the other does not say that. However neither of his auctions have an actual statement from him saying that he will combine shipping.
If it is bothering you that much, hop in the car, drive the 100 miles and hand him $2. Probably cost more than what he is charging but at least he won't be pocketing the money.

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
This is what I recieved after the Auction was over.
===================
Shipping and handling via US Postal Service Parcel Post: US $11.13
Shipping insurance (optional): US $1.30
7.250% NY Sales Tax (applies to subtotal + S&H): US $0.88
Seller discounts (-) or charges (+):
+US $5.00

Total: US $18.00
===========================
I just dont see any cost on the Auction. Am I wrong or did he make a mistake. Ive made a couple like that and had to sell stuff cheap becaUse of my own error.

I allready promised not to leave negative Feedback, Its not worth ruining someone for a mistake. Unless he Jihads me

Im not trying to be a drama queen but I just want a square deal and maybe he or I will learn our mistake so we dont do it again.

thefox
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I can see that he is over charging you for shipping; the calculator is in the auction so that part is legit. The problem is that he should be giving you a discount for multiple items like stated in the auction. This means if he would charge $10 for the extenders and $18 for the lever, the total should not be $28, more like $23 or something. Although inflated shipping may seem wrong the calculator was there so you did know that he was charging extra. I don't see anywhere in the auction that he adds a $5 handling fee either ("Seller discounts (-) or charges (+):+US $5.00 ").

OldSchoolin86
12-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Seller discounts (-) or charges (+):
+US $5.00

Where did the $5 come from?

holmstrom
12-12-2005, 01:41 PM
It says the price of shipping and the ny state tax in the auction. You didn't have to bid if you didn't like the price of the shipping.
I agree, but i didnt see anywhere in the auction that the seller was going to charge a $5 handling fee. You should pay everything but the handling fee and take the rest as a lesson learned. Always ask the seller questions before bidding if it isnt clearly stated in the auction.

OldSchoolin86
12-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I agree, but i didnt see anywhere in the auction that the seller was going to charge a $5 handling fee. You should pay everything but the handling fee and take the rest as a lesson learned. Always ask the seller questions before bidding if it isnt clearly stated in the auction.
Ya I agree, what ever the calculator said is what you owe the guy, nothing else.

Blown 331
12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, when I sell stuff on ebay I just guess on the shipping. Sometimes I'm high sometimes I'm low. If you are looking at an item and you think the shipping is $10 too high then just bid $10 less than you would normally, then it all evens out. That's what I do.

dreadhed
12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
My Honest Opinion...........

If you bought from him and used the calculator you are the one in the wrong here. You have to choice to buy or pass on items and if you didn't like his terms you should not have bid on his auctions. So yes I think he is completely in the right here.

EDIT: Just wanted to add then when I encounter high shipping calculations I email the seller and see if they want to do better before I bid. Sometimes they want to deal sometimes they don't.
I agree with abouve statment.

I would not pay the $5 charge. I would would just pay what the shipping cal said. Next time be more carful when you bid. Mabey ask the guy if he will combine the shipping total.

When I sale I usally take a good guess at shipping some time I eat some $ some times I don't. If someone buys more than one item though I will combine, but that is a personal choice. I have also bought things that had inflated shipping but still got a deal on it. You just have to pay more attention when you buy.

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Well I was Wrong about the Calculator. I thought that was there for me to figure out howmuch it might cost to get it shipped to me.:eek:

OMG im over 90 deals:crazy:

And I after talking to the Guy nicely and asking questions he realized he made a Mistake about the Double Whammy $5.00 Handeling thing and that yes he could actually ship both items Priority for probably under $5.00. He said that I helped him for future sales.:beer

The Calculator said $10.13 and thats what he said I owe him for Both items. So theres A 5 spot for Handeling right there for Him

See, sometimes when you see something weird you need to dive in get a little dirty, but come out clean on the other side.:beer :crazy:

Meat-BoX
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
He still wants $18.00 after he said $10.00 I told him to keep his crap and that Im through with him. Theres no way im paying extra money that he just pulls out of the air.

digimandan1 IS HIS e-Bay name and hes a straight up S/H Whore.