PDA

View Full Version : shipping

68flatblackbug
12-12-2005, 03:54 PM
hey guys i might have a chance to get a honda 200x it allmost a roller but was woundering if anyone has shiped a atv though ups or what did * use
thanks

bigredhead
12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
i don't think you'd want to use UPS for something that big.. look at other means. Longhaul.. trucking companies. Trucker friends maybe.

ATCT
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't want to use UPS for it's headlight, let alone the whole bike. It would arrive in a million pieces by the time they were done with it.

The best place I found to ship a bike is at www.motorcycleshipper.com . You don't have to do anything to prepare for the shipping (except maybe drain the gas/oil). They come, crate it up, and deliver it to your door. Rates depend on what zone you're in, but it runs from about $400-$500. Seeing as you don't have to do any crating, I think it's a good deal. Other places I found were 800-1000 and you had to crate it yourself.

Banage
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
haha i agree, i got a bundle of parts through ups, and every breakable pice was broke, and every dentable part was dented. The pix off ebay were in good shape, and paint matched, so i know it was from shipping

Howdy
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
If packaged properly there is a 99.999% chance that things won't get broken via UPS or any other shipper. In fact I have sent 1000's of packages and never had a single problem via UPS. Now, I did have 1 item get broken via USPS but it was my own fault. It won't happen twice.

For a whole machine you might try www.forwardair.com they do a lot of big item shipping as well.
Howdy

ATCT
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
haha i agree, i got a bundle of parts through ups, and every breakable pice was broke, and every dentable part was dented. The pix off ebay were in good shape, and paint matched, so i know it was from shipping
They are the worst company--EVER.

68flatblackbug
12-12-2005, 07:07 PM
thanks all and im trying do it cheap and there nothing that can get broke it just a frame swing arm axle forks and a gas tank nothing eless thats why i thought about ups someone said they chrage about 70 bucks but i check out the other site * guys said

Bigred200
12-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Try DHL there great also

TimSr
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Ive sent a few thousand packages via UPS, and of all of them I had one bottle of oil leak whcih they refunded. If it gets damaged in shipping, its usually the fault of the packer.
UPS has a weight limit of 150 lbs like most carriers, so its a moot point in this case. Fedex has a freight division, but they are expesnive. Forward Air is one of the better priced freight companies.