PDA

View Full Version : Go cart help

honda110
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I have a little ble wo seater go cart with a 2hp motor on it. does anyone know how i can make it faster without putting a different motor on it and without spending too much money.

Modded660R2fast
12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Make a custom pipe out of some house water piping or any type of steel pipe. I did it with my 5hp mini bike and it gave it some more pep to her. But there's not to much i think you could do to get her fast fast. Maybe just quick. Also try making your own ram air system on it. If the motor is on the back maybe you can devise a snorkle like ram air system that they have on hummers and some quads that mud bog under water. Have the snorkle poping up over your back seat above your head facing forward. Try rejetting after this if its possible and maybe change your sprockets to give you more top end or bottom end speed and torque. If you want to go really fast and got some cash to burn then look for a turbo kit that they sell for small engines. I know the have something for you because i was looking at them for my brothers moped which is a 50cc 5hp motor like mine was and they said it would boost his HP to around 15 hp with the turbo install. Good luck i hope i gave you some ideas.

New2ATC
12-13-2005, 02:45 PM
change the gearing, straight pipe, high flow filter (or a ram air like modded had stated) a pic of the engine would make things easier to see what you can do to them. I know you can get a methanol carb for a briggs 5hp.. Not sure about smaller engines though.. Is this 2 or 4 stroke.. that would also be easier because you may have one of them goped gokart things and they make alot of parts for those.

sblt500r
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
you can't do much with a 2hp. even if you do get it to go faster you will loose bottom end power. you will have a real hard time taking off till you get up to speed. i had a 5hp briggs that i did some work on to make it faster but it would not want to take off.

MTS
12-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Best thing to do would get rid of the 2hp, go find a new style brigs 5hp and get a comet torque converter, with this it will scoot right along 50-60 mph, or rebuild the 2hp port the heck outa it what ya can, and do you run a jackshaft and a centrifiical clutch or just the centrifical clutch righ to the axle?

honda110
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM
It takes forever to take off but the op speed is pretty good. I just need more acceleration.

sblt500r
12-16-2005, 02:27 PM
you are not going to get anymore bottom end power out of a 2hp. you need something like an 8hp. both fast and has fast acceleration.
you could gear it differantly but you'll loose top speed.