PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Thing I have seen....

Darius1502
12-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Some of you may think I am extreme....but here goes:

Man...I saw the saddest thing at the dunes once. This man and his son came to ride. Well just one week before the man purchased a mint, and I mean MINT 1985 200S. The thing must have had only 20 hours on it. Bright shiney red, nipples on the tires, tank had a luster that I have not seen in 20 years...its was so nice

The son was cool..but he brought his dorky friend with him. This kid was going to ride the 200S and he had NEVER ridden a 3 wheeler before!! To top it off this was in the dunes!

Well after watching this kid roll the MINT 200S about 5 times and seeing the plastics grated like sandpaper by the dunes...I told the kid hey...can I give you some pointers. The kid said,

"Oh it does not matter its only an old 3 wheeler'.....ok I was furious!

First, it was NOT his trike! I belonged to his friends dad! This punk was just mooching off of them and riding thier trike and destroyinig a mint ATC.

I told the kid that this was a great machine. I pleaded with him and said, "Look its not that hard...let me give you some pointers". He said, 'Whatever man...leave me alone'.

Well now it was time for action: I told the dad that truthfully, this kid was going to get hurt. He had no helmet and no gear. Since I am an attorney, I also told him that if this kid gets hurt, the kids parents could sue him, because he (after all) has care and custody of the kid at the moment. He must use reasonable care to ensure the kid is not harmed. Putting an inexperienced rider on a vehicle that has history of trouble with the CPSC, and product liability lawsuits, in an advanced riding area (such as the dunes), and then providing the child with no training or protective gear is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

That was enough...he booted the punk off the ATC, put the 200S in the trailer, got mad at the kid for scratching it up and told the kid his riding was over. It was a sad thing...because the 200S was messed up now. The kid had taken the gas tank off to jack with something and it ended up falling on the gravel road. By accident (I assume) he tripped on the tank, virtually causing it to kicked like a soccer ball on the rough gravel. What a dork!!

Geez...I wanted to kick the **** out of this kid...

BigGreenMachine
12-14-2005, 04:53 PM
LOL Thats crazy! Insane that the kid was ever allowed to beat up on a trike that wasn't his. Wasn't the owner around to see the damage being done? Or even to question why in the hell he would have taken the tank off? Stupid kids, I know a ton of them that don't care what they do to someone elses stuff simply because its not theirs. If I loan somebody something I'd expect it to be treated with respect.

sideshow_bob
12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Damn that sucks....I would never do that to anyone else's machine,no matter what it was....

Kintore
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
What is our world coming to?

N5HNY
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I work at the local high school here.

There are a lot of good kids there. I can't lump them all together because it wouldn't be fair.

At first I had to get used to the idea that the school is really a small example of what is going out into the world. It is freakin scary. What was average in my day in the 70s is exceptional today. Most of these kids don't have a clue and don't want to get a clue.

Mt friends kids are almost total idiots. They come over and say things like,"Man ! I can't wait to get on your three wheeler and trash it !" I tell them it will be a cold day in hell before they drive or ride anything of mine.

These kids around here don't give a damn. The reason I have my Big Red in the first place is because one of my neighbor's kids ran it til it quit. I mean rode the hell out of it. I'm suprised there is anything to save. Tells you how tough Honda designs their stuff.

I had to work for my stuff back when I was in school. I notice that most parents don't want their kids to have to work these days. Like it is a status symbol to buy stuff for your kid.

These kids walk around the hall and use the "F" word like you are not around. Hell I used it when I was a kid, but I never used it at school or around other adults. You didn't use it around girls either but now the girls use it more than the boys.

Had a kid in library get mad cause one of the teachers got on his butt for talking. He went on for twenty minutes saying he was gonna get his daddy up there to get on her case. Please.

Someone once told me that kids didn't change, I did. There may be a grain of truth to it, but I still think these kids today are in trouble. Which means trouble for us adults.

If you are a teenager reading this, please prove me wrong. I would welcome that.

darrel632
12-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Thank You N5HNY, I thought I was the only bitter, disappionted 40+ adult I've had friends of both my daughters literaly trash trikes "Cause it just old crap" "I should buy performance quads" cause my trikes are ****. A 200 lb High school kid takes a honda 90 out that wasn't finished breaks it, and leaves it on the side of the highway cause he can't jump aproaches? and I find it, he's not returning to my property, period. My shop is locked and neither daughter has keys anymore. I don't have issue with them, but if I'm not home no one touches my machines including them. They don't even ask any more if their machine is in the shop, and they are polite when they ask for one of my 4 strokes, and are smart enough to NEVER ask for a 2 stroke.

monster 84r
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
If you are a teenager reading this, please prove me wrong. I would welcome that.

i can tell where your coming from, especially with kids getting a ton of stuff from their parents. im a sophmore, and i hold a steady job, and used 100% of my own hard earned cash to buy my 250r. on the other hand, its commonplace at my high school for a person to get a brand new car for their 16th birthday, il be lucky if i can afford to buy myself one. but when i do, im going to take good care of it. thats the problem with the kid who trashed the 200, he didnt realize how much work it takes to come up with the money to buy an atc, or anything like that for the matter. i would have made him work off all of the repairs needed, but i wouldent have let him ride it in the first place.

half these people have no respect for the teachers either. ive seen alot of it first hand. the other thing that makes me mad, is kids in the welding class perposely **** up the rods, hide stuff, not put away tools, weld chairs to tables as a joke, etc. it pisses me off because it makes the welding 3 students like me look bad.

not all of us are bad, but there are stupid people out there.

Lomax
12-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Darius's story was just the breaking point for alot of people on here im sure. Im only 23 so i prolly differ in alot of ways from you guys but I do understand what ya'll are talking about with the difference in kids/teenagers/parents. I remember mowing yards, raking leaves, cutting firewood etc.. to get my first pile of junk quad while my buddy's dad bought him a new dirt bike. My quad was an 87 Suzuki that needed intensive care when I got it, My buddy had a 96 Honda XR200. The respect level was so much different. It was hard to trust that Suzuki to get you across the yard but it outlasted that dirtbike. I remember his dad having the engine on that machine rebuilt 3 times because of the toment that machine suffered. When I have kids they will receive there first machine (A Zinger) as a gift with terms, after that, they will have to buy each and every machine they want from there on out because I believe when you pay for it, you care for it.

dreadhed
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh man that is a sad story. Why didn't the dad kick the kid off sooner? I would flip if some one did that with one of my trikes & they are not even that nice. It's to bad some ******* messed it up. Good thing you talked to the Dad. I had to work when I was in school for any thing extra I wanted. It sure teaches you alot. I have had people think they can tear up my stuff too cause it's just a pos to them. I'm sure they would not feel the same if they paid for it.

85hondaatc125m
12-14-2005, 08:05 PM

There are a lot of good kids there. I can't lump them all together because it wouldn't be fair.

At first I had to get used to the idea that the school is really a small example of what is going out into the world. It is freakin scary. What was average in my day in the 70s is exceptional today. Most of these kids don't have a clue and don't want to get a clue.

Mt friends kids are almost total idiots. They come over and say things like,"Man ! I can't wait to get on your three wheeler and trash it !" I tell them it will be a cold day in hell before they drive or ride anything of mine.

These kids around here don't give a damn. The reason I have my Big Red in the first place is because one of my neighbor's kids ran it til it quit. I mean rode the hell out of it. I'm suprised there is anything to save. Tells you how tough Honda designs their stuff.

I had to work for my stuff back when I was in school. I notice that most parents don't want their kids to have to work these days. Like it is a status symbol to buy stuff for your kid.

These kids walk around the hall and use the "F" word like you are not around. Hell I used it when I was a kid, but I never used it at school or around other adults. You didn't use it around girls either but now the girls use it more than the boys.

Had a kid in library get mad cause one of the teachers got on his butt for talking. He went on for twenty minutes saying he was gonna get his daddy up there to get on her case. Please.

Someone once told me that kids didn't change, I did. There may be a grain of truth to it, but I still think these kids today are in trouble. Which means trouble for us adults.

I saw another post about something like this on the open forum. Somebody was putting down kids for saying there going to buy something, but just back out. A person on that post who was obviously a teen said that is discrimination, and that is kind of what that is. When I was 10 I rode my first atc, 200m and rode skidoos, yamaha 433gp when I was 7. As I turned 13 and got my B-day money I bought a trike. Ive never rolled it or such like that, so that shows kids are responsible, just because they use bad language doent mean there not responsible. Sorry to go on but it is the truth.
_125m_

Unclediezel
12-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I dont think rolling the trike was the issue-----Hell, some of us adults have gotten into bad situations and dumped a ride ---even a friends ride maybe, And we;ve cursed and screamed , Stuff happens---But to turn your back and not care ---after you just trashed something precious , that was trusted to you, Is --IRRESPONSIBLE.--and maybe even a TAD (just a tad) ---DISRESPECTFUL. Maybe you are the exception--and I by no means doubt that you are responsible for your actions--- But Ive seen to much of the other kind .

paul_roca
12-14-2005, 08:23 PM
im not exactly 13 but im only 16

N5HNY
12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Glad to see some teens posting.

There are always going to be bad apples in the bunch. I am glad to see we have some good young people on here. Kids who respect others and respect what they have.

I know it may seem a little like "discrimination", but you have to call them as you see them.

To go a little farther, I think the so called bad apples don't fall far from the tree.

sp1tekiller
12-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I am 16 as well. It seems most kids these days, like another poster said, just don't give a damn. It's sad really, this world is so full of arrogant people it's not even funny.

firefirefire90
12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Im almost sixteen but am a sophmore like Monster an i have a job and bought my own three wheeler, all engine parts and is saving up to buy a new one. Those d***heads who are disrespecting people hould get a beating. I also agree on how arrogant. But sometimes, im not sure if it wus like this in the 70s, teachers are assholes a lot of the time and most people i talk to dont respect them because they haven't earned the respect that they desire. For example, New spanish teacher at school and he rags on only the older people and is an ***** to all of us. From my perspective, he hasn't earned the right to be makin all this **** about us. Hes been here 3 weeks by the way..

ATCT
12-14-2005, 09:06 PM
The teens who are responsible people shouldn't get offended because I'm willing to claim that there are plenty of jack-a** adults out there as well, who don't care about anything but themselves.

Darius1502
12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey guys,

This isn't about teens or adults...its about people who don't respect property.

Its also about people who mistreat trikes because they think they are outdated machinery.

Thats it!

slothminx
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
When it comes to other peoples rides, i will always ask who the owner is if its a friend telling me i can have a go and if they owner says yep you can ride, i will ride it twice as careful as if it was my own, and i baby my stuff! LOL so much i get the piss taken out of me. I just got my Ipod after 2 months of working and saving. And had had it for two months, still not a scratch on it and a friend asks to have a look, being that i trust people i let him and it came back 5 mins later with a dent. I ask the guy and he says ohh i dropped it sorry and starts to walk off. I flip and grab the guy and ask him why he wasnt gonna say anything, he turns round and goes well theres a new ipod out now anyway and yours is old!. That kind of stuff just pisses me off.

Tri-ZNate
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM

The sad part is I cant really disprove you. I know 4 of my friends will repect my machines since they arent comfortable with trikes but others i dont even let them look at them. Let me reiterate.

This one kid is a 6th grader. Comes from a rich family. Gets a fricking 250 kymco mongoose and actually rolls it and breaks his arm. Next he finds his moms VINTAGE 1970 era suzuki 100 dirt bike and rolls it, breaks all the MINT plastics and metal. Breaks his collar bone this time. Next quad is his dad's Kawasaki 360 prairie, guess what he rolls that too and flips it, broke the arm he previously broke. Yesterday he was saying that he was doing 80mph on his dad's snowmobile and his uncle's sled is supposed to be supped up beyond belief and he is gonna ride it. Yeah thats what I'm thinking (he is gonna kill himself). Well then today he comes on the bus and says "My dad says I'm gonna get a KFX 400" :lol: I just laughed at him and told him to put me in his will. And he is always like "Hey Nate why don't you let me take your trikes for a spin :naughty:?" And I say "Firstly I dont want you to break another part of your body and secondly I love my trikes too much to let you ride them."

Rich kids are so cocky. There are a select few people out there who respect each others machines, and those are normally the people who have had incedents on theirs (hey low and behold thats all my friends that respect my trikes).

GreyhoundRugby
12-14-2005, 09:27 PM
I am 17, you were right not to lump them all together. I am from a middle class background (dad was in the army), and now that my dad has moved up in his career in fasteners I have moved to indianapolis into a nice neighborhood which is awesome. But I have seen kids throw tantrums (at 16 or so) about things as simple as takin out the garbage. While all of us hate chores its a thing that I've learned go get it done then leave your house laughing your ass off when your parents have nothing else to complain about. I am also a captain for my schools rugby team and am on the USA Under 19 team so theres alot of things i get to work for. And im lucky as hell to have a dad in the military. He has drilled in me respect to elders, and to women. I have never seen anyone else my age give up there seats for them to sit down, ever. Not saying I am the one with halo its just parents arent as stern as they were. My dad is a ball buster no doubt. But its paid off, I have the respect of all sorts of people. The one thing he tells me It costs you nothing to open the door or give up your seat, but it could make the world to someone else.

N5HNY
12-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I tried to post earlier and something went wrong.

firefirefire90

I'm sure your a good young person. You have worked for what you have and that is a good point.

However, your attitude is one I see everyday. You have to understand that this teacher maybe new to teaching, or came in from a school that was really tough.
It takes time to settle into any job, so give the teacher some slack.

I don't mean this to be harsh, but guys your age still havn't earned their place in society yet. It is a bit arrogant of you to judge this teacher. See if you can find some time to meet with him before you take this point of view.

I had to leave school early. I had an apartment and a car in my senior year. I had to leave cause I just could not stand the teachers and staff telling me what to do. I guess I had crossed the line into adulthood when I was on my own like that.

Some kids at the school don't like me and others do. The ones that don't, I really don't care. I do my job and thats what I am there for. I am not there to intertain or listen to a bunch of mindless bull****.

I get enough of that from my wife. LOL.

Tri-ZNate
12-14-2005, 09:39 PM
The friends I also let ride are the ones that protect my trikes. DirtyDan here on the boards for example last year at our schools car show said he and my other friend would take my trike home since i had to leave early. Next day i find out that the D***heads in our grade (you know the lame ass Jocks who think they are so cool) kept bugging an bugging and bugging him and even threatened him so they could ride my SX. But he never caved. And for that I thank him :beer

bassman
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Regarding N5HNY's original post.

I am senior, and yes, I do use words that the previous generation of adults found distasteful. Not excessivly but I do.

But times are changing. Just turn on the tv. Violence/sex/curse words. And it won't be going away anytime soon. Sure that doesn't make it anymore right, but such enlightenment on those acts can cloud one's(especially YOUNG ones) views. I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it. Everytime I ask a person a certain question, they can't answer me straight. I have yet to hear a completed, non-stutered answer also. The question is: What makes The "f", "s", and "b" word so wrong? I do not understand. The are words that don't mean anything. Go ahead and look them up. The "F" word has no realpast history. Someone just kind of slapped a meaning to it one day. For all we know, the said person could have hit his hand on something, and said "oh PEACHES!". That could have been very well the infamous "P" word.

The "s" word has all the exact same meaning that "crap" and "fecis" have. Why aren't those body cringing words? They have absolutly no difference.
We all know what the "B" word means, so I am not going to break it down, becasue I would still come down to the same conclusion as others.
Why am I arguing this? Because all my life I have wondered why people have detested the words, and no one has givin me a solid reason.
In a sense, hating cusss words is like hating other people that have different beliefs, physical features, and attitudes.
Now, I am not trying to justify in using them, I just seriously want to know the reason why everyone dislikes them, and how the came to be.

But I do agree with you 100% with everything else. And me being a 17 yr old, I haven't matured yet, and I am just another confused teen who hasn't figured out the 'right' way to find solution to socialized problems, So I would have just busted him in the mouth right there.

Tri-ZNate
12-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Why aren't those body cringing words?

Because society has designated our norms to consider such language as vulgar. Give it another 20 years and society will change its views on them again. As long as its a scientific term we are alright with it but if it sounds like it could come from a black community it is shunned, especially a poor black community like the Bronx.

Unclediezel
12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
At least he is "PEACHING" honest--:lol: :lol: :lol:

AT least you got the point---Times are changing , and us old folks will just have to deal with a society that accepts new forms of expression--

This Kid PEACHED -UP his friends trike and doesnt show any responsible form of at least an apology---He doesnt think he has to --because it is an old piece junk??

Maybe an old piece of junk--But it isnt his junk to Peach-up.--Society isnt ready to accept this new form of expression called ---(Add new word form to express IGNORANCE)

Kintore
12-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I believe when you pay for it, you care for it.

I agree 100 percent! I bought my Z and I love that thing as much as anything else I have. I dont let anyone ride(unless they "stole" it) and thats that. I hear what you guys are saying, there are dumb people out there, just have to watch for them. Like Jeff Foxworthy says, dumb people should have signs, so you know when they are coming.

N5HNY
12-15-2005, 07:02 PM
The point is........

You know and I know what foul launguage is. I don't lose any sleep over anyone using it. I have used it and will use it again in the future. I just make sure of the company I am in before I do so.

This is called CONSIDERATION. Or being considerate. Having respect for other people around you.

I have a friend two doors down I deer hunt with. We drink beer together. We cuss and use other explatives.

I have some neighbors across the street who are very nice church going people. Do I curse in front of them. No ! Duh !

I think this is a no brainer.

What the hell does race have to do with anything on this matter ?

Banage
12-15-2005, 07:38 PM
There is a differance, i yell at my friends all the time for them 5 letter words, but only when its about nothing. But i work on cars a lot, and as you all know when the wrench slips so does the words. its not only kids we should kick in the butt. Its them parrents. My dad told me, "you want it, get a job and buy it" and thats what ill tell my kids. Taught me the value of it. I know people that trash there wheelers and ask why i quit riding so hard. I tell them the truth, i worked hard to buy this, and buying parts every time i ride got expencive. The day comes you brake the machine daddy baught, and tells you to buy the parts to fix it, you will know how i feel.

wanta250r
12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=bassman]Regarding N5HNY's original post.

I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it. Everytime I ask a person a certain question, they can't answer me straight. I have yet to hear a completed, non-stutered answer also. The question is: What makes The "f", "s", and "b" word so wrong? I do not understand. The are words that don't mean anything. Go ahead and look them up. The "F" word has no realpast history. Someone just kind of slapped a meaning to it one day. For all we know, the said person could have hit his hand on something, and said "oh PEACHES!". That could have been very well the infamous "P" word. [QUOTE]

You seriously don't know what the "f" word means. It usually means something sexual. You've never heard omeone say " I want to "f" her" or something along that lines. To "F" something usually refers to " to have sex with" nowadays people use it in reference to anything though. They use it when they don't want to do something so they say "f" this" or they don't like somebody they say "f" you. Now you ask why that would be wrong and you don't know why, well you answered that yourself "I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it." Some things are inappropriate to talk about, maybe not to you, but to others they are. And when you use words that refer to them or describe them then they become bad words that are offensive to others and vulgar.

Sorry for the vulgarity of this post, but since bassman say's they don't mean anything then its not a problem.

N5HNY
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey Guys.....

Something has happened here that I alway complain about when I see it on other web sites. The subject has gotten kinda expanded.

Someone posts an opinion on something and the subject just keeps getting bigger. I think I am the cause of it this time.

Summing up all of this. It is about basic respect we have for other people, our friends, and even ourselves.

You younger guys are not saying anything different than when I was your age. You will find that as you grow older, you will change some of that thinking. You will keep some of your ideals and throw others away. You will also come to accept new ideas too.

Everyone on here has a valid point, racial, social, or otherwise.

Problem with me is that I REALLY like to talk about stuff like this. I think this is just not the place for social commentary beyond the scope of the original subject.

My apologies to all.

But I still think I'm right ! LOL !

Wish I had my g****** f******* Big Red going so I could ride.

Tri-ZNate
12-15-2005, 08:51 PM
What the hell does race have to do with anything on this matter ?

Do you live in a rural community or in a city? In our rural community the B word is all right but once its Beotch its like the world is gonna end. Rural communities are alot more racist and because of that any word that sounds like it came from a raper is automaticaly on the "do not say list". I was using that to build on to the point that society chooses what words are ok and what words are concidered curse words

N5HNY
12-16-2005, 01:30 AM
wheeliepop,

I see your point.

I live in Arkinsaw. We invented racism.

My community is a small farming town outside of Memphis, TN. Oddly enough, nobody seems to have a problem with that kind of stuff here.

We have a local Klan chapter that everybody ignores. The kids either listen to country or rap. Some hip hop.

All the kids here call each other "DOG" and there doesn't seem to be much racial trouble at all. Thats good considering we just absorbed a 99% black school district due to consolidation.

CorbinKale
12-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Regarding N5HNY's original post.

I am senior, and yes, I do use words that the previous generation of adults found distasteful. Not excessivly but I do.

But times are changing. Just turn on the tv. Violence/sex/curse words. And it won't be going away anytime soon. Sure that doesn't make it anymore right, but such enlightenment on those acts can cloud one's(especially YOUNG ones) views. I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it. Everytime I ask a person a certain question, they can't answer me straight. I have yet to hear a completed, non-stutered answer also. The question is: What makes The "f", "s", and "b" word so wrong? I do not understand. The are words that don't mean anything. Go ahead and look them up. The "F" word has no realpast history. Someone just kind of slapped a meaning to it one day. For all we know, the said person could have hit his hand on something, and said "oh PEACHES!". That could have been very well the infamous "P" word.

The "s" word has all the exact same meaning that "crap" and "fecis" have. Why aren't those body cringing words? They have absolutly no difference.
We all know what the "B" word means, so I am not going to break it down, becasue I would still come down to the same conclusion as others.
Why am I arguing this? Because all my life I have wondered why people have detested the words, and no one has givin me a solid reason.
In a sense, hating cusss words is like hating other people that have different beliefs, physical features, and attitudes.
Now, I am not trying to justify in using them, I just seriously want to know the reason why everyone dislikes them, and how the came to be.

Well, to begin with, ask yourself why you use words that have no meaning. :wondering If you are honest, you have to realize you use them because you know what reaction they cause. I can give you the etymology of the 'f' word. It is an acronym for Fore Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Before you ask what that means, it is simply sex before marriage. The 'f' word has evolved and is currently used in almost every form. It is a noun, verb, adjective, gerund, on and on... English is a living language and it is constantly changing. Did you know that if you were 'gay' 70 years ago, you were just happy and carefree? Anyway, using words you know are offensive to others, even though they may not offend you, can still cause you problems, injury or even death. Say 'f *' to the wrong guy at the wrong time and you might get shot. He would be wrong for shooting you, but you would still be just as shot. :) Something to think about.

westcoast TRI-Z
12-16-2005, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=bassman]Regarding N5HNY's original post.

I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it. Everytime I ask a person a certain question, they can't answer me straight. I have yet to hear a completed, non-stutered answer also. The question is: What makes The "f", "s", and "b" word so wrong? I do not understand. The are words that don't mean anything. Go ahead and look them up. The "F" word has no realpast history. Someone just kind of slapped a meaning to it one day. For all we know, the said person could have hit his hand on something, and said "oh PEACHES!". That could have been very well the infamous "P" word. [QUOTE]

You seriously don't know what the "f" word means. It usually means something sexual. You've never heard omeone say " I want to "f" her" or something along that lines. To "F" something usually refers to " to have sex with" nowadays people use it in reference to anything though. They use it when they don't want to do something so they say "f" this" or they don't like somebody they say "f" you. Now you ask why that would be wrong and you don't know why, well you answered that yourself "I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it." Some things are inappropriate to talk about, maybe not to you, but to others they are. And when you use words that refer to them or describe them then they become bad words that are offensive to others and vulgar.

Sorry for the vulgarity of this post, but since bassman say's they don't mean anything then its not a problem.

You guys may laugh, here's a little history/urban legend:

The F-word is actually an acronym. See in ancient England, single women could not have sex without consent from the king. So when they wanted a baby, they would go get his consent, and he would give them a placard to hang over their door. On it stated: Fornicating Under Consent of the King.......FU**:banned:

As for the S-word? Same thing, an acronym. Back in the day, certain types of manure used to be transported by ship. It was always stored in the lower decks. Well, whenever it came in contact with sea water, the fermentation process would begin. That means pockets of methane gas were now forming. When someone with a lantern would go check it out.........BOOM! After that they would stamp the manure with the the words S.H.I.*:eek: ....Ship High In Transit. They were loaded high enough off the lower decks so they wouldn't be touched by the water.

Now is that knowlede or what?:lol:

YTM200BOY
12-16-2005, 12:05 PM
That kid is a disgrace with my ytm200 it has problems but im not beating the sh1t out of it the worst thing i did was kick the tire

wanta250r
12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=wanta250r][QUOTE=bassman]Regarding N5HNY's original post.

I have never gone to church, and frankly I don't plan on it. Everytime I ask a person a certain question, they can't answer me straight. I have yet to hear a completed, non-stutered answer also. The question is: What makes The "f", "s", and "b" word so wrong? I do not understand. The are words that don't mean anything. Go ahead and look them up. The "F" word has no realpast history. Someone just kind of slapped a meaning to it one day. For all we know, the said person could have hit his hand on something, and said "oh PEACHES!". That could have been very well the infamous "P" word.

You guys may laugh, here's a little history/urban legend:

The F-word is actually an acronym. See in ancient England, single women could not have sex without consent from the king. So when they wanted a baby, they would go get his consent, and he would give them a placard to hang over their door. On it stated: Fornicating Under Consent of the King.......FU**:banned:

As for the S-word? Same thing, an acronym. Back in the day, certain types of manure used to be transported by ship. It was always stored in the lower decks. Well, whenever it came in contact with sea water, the fermentation process would begin. That means pockets of methane gas were now forming. When someone with a lantern would go check it out.........BOOM! After that they would stamp the manure with the the words S.H.I.*:eek: ....Ship High In Transit. They were loaded high enough off the lower decks so they wouldn't be touched by the water.

Now is that knowlede or what?:lol:

You make me laugh, I was explaining it by what it means nowadays not 500 years ago. That is how the word Sh** came to be.

350Kris
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow. Great thread. I get sucked in to this stuff. I think what we are seeing with the kids of today is further separation of church and state. Like it or not, this country was founded on Christian values. The more we dilute these values, the more we are left with societal bottom-feeders.

Ever open the door for an older person? They smile from ear to ear as if to say, "Wow, chivalry isn't dead and some of the youth today do care." Try it sometime, you'll see what I mean. I'm sure we all get frustrated with older people sometimes, but stop and consider what they have been through in their life compared to what you've done (especially the young people here). Show them respect just for surviving as long as they did.

Is there anyone left who still opens doors for their girlfriend or wife -- and not just in the beginning of the relationship -- always!?!?! There is nothing weak about showing your lady the respect she deserves....as long as she respects you and respects herself. Flowers for no reason? An unwarranted compliment? Try it!

I've been fortunate in my life. I graduated from West Point and later completed a masters degree. I just finished up 6 years as on officer in the Army. Now, I own my own business and invest in real esate for a living. I have never forgotten where I came from. I didn't have everything I wanted when I was a kid. My dad worked hard so he could support the family. He also worked hard at raising me. Even though he worked nights, he never missed one of my football games in 8 years time. He taught me to respect everyone I encounter -- that has been my best attribute. There is a bumper sticker I saw a while ago..."The more people I meet, the more I love my dog." Sadly, I feel that way sometimes...

firefirefire90
12-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Wow. Great thread. I get sucked in to this stuff. I think what we are seeing with the kids of today is further separation of church and state. Like it or not, this country was founded on Christian values. The more we dilute these values, the more we are left with societal bottom-feeders.

Ever open the door for an older person? They smile from ear to ear as if to say, "Wow, chivalry isn't dead and some of the youth today do care." Try it sometime, you'll see what I mean. I'm sure we all get frustrated with older people sometimes, but stop and consider what they have been through in their life compared to what you've done (especially the young people here). Show them respect just for surviving as long as they did.

Is there anyone left who still opens doors for their girlfriend or wife -- and not just in the beginning of the relationship -- always!?!?! There is nothing weak about showing your lady the respect she deserves....as long as she respects you and respects herself. Flowers for no reason? An unwarranted compliment? Try it!

I've been fortunate in my life. I graduated from West Point and later completed a masters degree. I just finished up 6 years as on officer in the Army. Now, I own my own business and invest in real esate for a living. I have never forgotten where I came from. I didn't have everything I wanted when I was a kid. My dad worked hard so he could support the family. He also worked hard at raising me. Even though he worked nights, he never missed one of my football games in 8 years time. He taught me to respect everyone I encounter -- that has been my best attribute. There is a bumper sticker I saw a while ago..."The more people I meet, the more I love my dog." Sadly, I feel that way sometimes...

I open the door for people and hold it open for people i mean, common courtasy nd also...Did you play for west point? SICK..did you start and what position..sorry to steal thread..

350Kris
12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
No -- I lost about 18 lbs during the 6 week basic training (beast barracks) when I went in. I was a good running back, but that 18 lbs killed my strength and my confidence so I never tried out for the Army team. I regret it now, but things happen for a reason. I played intramural rugby, football, wrestling and few others things while I was there -- intramurals were mandatory!

bassman
12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Ok, I think some people may have mistool my thread. LOL, yes I do know what the F word is. I am 17 years old. But I was taking that out of context. If they mean the same thing as 'sex' then why isn't that word considered censorship-worthy vulgar?
As for the history of the "s" word, that is quite interesting. But again, it means the same thing as poop, so why don't people accept it?

wanta250r
12-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Ok, I think some people may have mistool my thread. LOL, yes I do know what the F word is. I am 17 years old. But I was taking that out of context. If they mean the same thing as 'sex' then why isn't that word considered censorship-worthy vulgar?
As for the history of the "s" word, that is quite interesting. But again, it means the same thing as poop, so why don't people accept it?

Your question has already been answered. Go back and read a few posts.

CorbinKale
12-17-2005, 01:43 AM
Wow. Great thread. I get sucked in to this stuff. I think what we are seeing with the kids of today is further separation of church and state.

I get caught up in these discussions, too. Go ARMY!

You know what is really funny? The number of people who think 'separation of church and state' is in the Constitution, lol. Even worse, they interpret 'freedom of religion' to mean 'freedom FROM religion'! We would have fewer problems today if more people would just take an hour and actually read our Constitution. I get so tickled when people are proclaiming their Constitutional Rights, but have never read the Bill of Rights. They are unaware of what Rights are, or where they come from.

Jeffro33
12-17-2005, 08:58 AM
I can honestly say now days kids dress up like strippers and talk like trailer park trash. Then wonders why nobody takes them seriously.:w00t: I try to teach a buddy of mines kids to say sir and ma'am and use good manners to all adults that they meet. Then I turn around to see there parents not made them use manners. I hope they will enjoy a life of people disrespecting them.

TrikeKid
12-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Sadly, I can't. Yes I cuss, but there's a time and place for it. I cussed a kid out this week for throwing stuff at me from the back of the bus, saved me from fighting the kid, and he hasn't flipped me any crap since. The bus I ride is pretty much middle school and up, starting with 6th graders, and each year the lack of respect they have for other people and adults simply amazes me. A month or two ago a kid got punched in the face by another in the same grade for having his foot in the aisle on the bus. The kid moved his foot then was hit. There are multiple fights a day at my school, my friend got into one during wood shop yesterday, the fight went completely unnoticed by the teacher.

trikezilla
12-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I dont know where to start complaining about my generation (for the most part). Im a HS sophemore, and I caome from somewhat of an "oldschool" family...and I see kids at my school and they do look like strippers and its just stupid. Alot of kids my age cant keep there mouth shut and that too is about the most annoying thing to me. Ill admit I use the "bad" words, but I make sure I aint around adults, girls, and usually my friends for that matter. I mean I think it just sounds dumb, so why sound like the dumbies??

Personally I take pride in my work, eithics, morals, and talents. Why not use them to better myself and others? What is the point of not caring, and just "getting by"?

Im also proud to say I have bought and paid for both of my trikes and there parts by myself. It sickens me...theres this kid...He had a 2004 Yami 350 Raptor. It wasnt "fast enough" for him. His folks go out and buy him a 2005 YFZ...thats not good enough either so they drop 12 grand into parts! Oh well, I found it amusing to see him case it and get BOOOOOOOED!

Anyway....All I can say is I hope there are about infinity times the teens who have replied to this, because we need all the people we can get w/ there heads on right!

TrikeKid
12-21-2005, 07:30 PM
The kids that have vehicles bought for them bother me too. I admit, I've had a couple bikes bought for me, I worked for my first one making the payment each month. Theres one kid I used to see everyday leaving school. Mid 90's Toyota pickup. Lifted and I believe SAS'd in the front, 37" tires on nice aluminum wheels, thing is always clean, not a dent in it, and the kid doesn't pay for any of it. Daddy pays for all the parts, insurance and gas. I'd love to be there when he has to move out on his own and pay for his own stuff.

Tri-ZNate
12-21-2005, 07:41 PM
When kids have their vehicles bought for them it pisses me off but I cant talk much. My dad bought me my first SX when I was 14, then another SX when I was 15, then I boughta SX last year along with a 200es, and this year I traded my 400cc Streetbike he bought me for a quadsport. He has also funded my parts and is paying my insurance.

I am paying him off as I speak atleast. I bought a cheap speedometer and plan to ebay that and my job is paying him off as well. I started at about $1200 owed and I'm down to about $120 which doesnt have my $300 a year car insurance added. About the only thing I'm not paying him for is the 2 SXs themselves since they were christmas presants basically.

Much nicer to owe a dad at age 17 then to try and get a loan from the bank through him and have to pay interest :D

corndawg
12-22-2005, 12:36 AM
im 17, ive had the same job for over a year now. my dad bought me my truck, by no means a new truck either, just a nice old chevy. all the insurance, gas and maintnence is all on me, as well as anything that isnt clothes and food. my dvx is being bought by me off of my dad, he offered to keep it and let me ride it whenever i wanted. id rather it be mine though so im making $100 a month payments.......kids at school get everything handed to them it seems like, ive got friends who have never had a job but always have atleast $50 in there wallet and think that if a car isnt less than 5 years old its junk..

ebecme01
12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Although its appearant where the intelligence lays, most of the people who belong to this site are different than the ignorant people we may be speaking of. I think you will all agree that if you own a 3 wheeler, you probably either came from a time that repecting property was second nature or you dont have thousands of dollars to throw away on another hobbie. I have young kids ask me often why I dont have a 4 wheeler instead. I ride a 85 200X which is the 10th atc ive owned i think. It has like 60 original hours on it. If I wanted a 4 wheeler this nice it would be 5 grand. I dont have 5 grand to throw at yet another hobbie but it seems kids these days dont understand how money is accumulated. Again young posters, this isnt targeted tward you. If you ride an atc I assume you worked for a low cost machine, or you have had similar experiences with other kids giving you a hard time for not having a new quad. I agree that most kids today need to learn the value of a dollar. In general, we dont seem to have any pride in work and the original american way. I hope we can turn it around! Dont forget to wish a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays is insulting.

firehart
12-22-2005, 03:57 PM
I am almost 50 years old. I mowed a friends lawn all last summer for my 85 200x. Its not perfect but it runs good. I would like a four wheeler but for now, they cost too much. Besides, my 200x is all mine. I am not sharing it with the bank. More power to all of you young people, work hard, have fun, and don't forget your pride. Respect others and yourself. Merry Christmas to all and to all two feet of snow.

fatcat
12-27-2005, 09:40 PM
i got a extremly clean 1987 honda fatcat for Cristmas it is my pride and joy. It may not be new but im glad i have it .I with the help of my uncle got it running .im 13 i know where yall are coming from. im getting a jeep to drive when im old enough.It will be eather a 1984 jeep cj7 or a 1977 jeep j10 truck. Im goning to help my dad build it. we are in the bussiness of builing jeeps we have 9 now

200m
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
hi i just turned 13 and i have two trikes a 1984 200m and 1984 200s and i just restored both and i promised myself never to roll one over and havent yet but i can get on 2 wheels for 20 minutes and not tip over

El'Capitan
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM

Yes people drop F bombs left and right and it gets worse with every generation. im 16 and encounter that evryday at school. i work my minimum wage job to fix up the old fiat spider that i got free not running from a neighbor; i cant stand it when people get their 2006 RX8 for thier 16th birthday. they dont fully appriciate things that were given to them, its a different story when you buy your own stuff. but yes, there is a social decline going on and todays "teens" are much worse than before, but i guess thats life and we all need to deal with it.

nouseforaname90
06-22-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm 16 years old and I notice the same things that you do. There are the kids that care and want to live a good life. Then there are those who have their parents buy them everything and care more about their cell phone and being popular while they are in high school than doing good.. boy are they going to get a wake up call when they grow up and move out of mommy and daddy's house. And lastly, there are those who just don't give a damn.. those are the ones I hate.

I know a girl who is spoiled rotten and doesn't even know it. Her parents pay for her cell phone, gas, insurance, and anything she wants. Hell.. they just bought her a $700 dress because she thought it was cute!! Heres the kicker.. her mom just gave her an '04 Dodge Neon and $5,000 dollars to fix it up how she likes it!! I was like "WTF?!"

Me, on the other hand, I have worked my ass off to pay for all of my trikes, insurance, gas, car, etc etc. Not to mention I am a straight A student. I have only ever got 4 B's on my report cards in my life.

People who get spoon fed by their parents make me want to shoot them. Its not just that.. its the fact that they don't think its anything special that their parents treat them like that and they don't respect their parents for doing it or appreciate the generosity in the least.

ATC crazy
06-23-2006, 12:28 AM
:lol: This thread is almost a year old :lol:

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS 200M!!! :welcome: :beer