PDA

View Full Version : '99 banshee

400exXx
12-17-2005, 10:27 PM
im getting a 1999 yamaha banshee for christmas and its gonna be my first quad.
its for a good price and its the only one i can find. And need to know if its a good idea to get a 6 year old quad and what kind of things do i have to look for to make sure its good.

Will this require LOTS AND LOTS of matinence?

smokinwrench
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
If its a stock banshee it will probably me ok as far as maintanence. If it is modified it will probably need more maintenacne.

As far as buying a used 2 stroke it has been my experience that every one out there that is forsale has just had a new topend in the last 10-20 hours. I have bought many used 2 strokes. All but 1 had the topend blow up with in a few horus of ride time. I finally started tearing the topend down before I even rode them and it saved me lots of down tiem and money in the long run.

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-18-2005, 01:03 AM
shee's are high maintance, and when it comes time for a rebuild , it cost double than a single cylinder

Mosh
12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
im getting a 1999 yamaha banshee for christmas and its gonna be my first quad.
its for a good price and its the only one i can find. And need to know if its a good idea to get a 6 year old quad and what kind of things do i have to look for to make sure its good.

Will this require LOTS AND LOTS of matinence?
banshees are great in thier own respect,but do require a lot of maintence. there are so many variables as far as pipes,carbs and etc. you never mentioned any mods or the conditon of this quad.the best thing you can do is,go to www.bansheehq.com (http://www.bansheehq.com) sign up for an account.it is the most unlimited resource for banshee owners.they have tips,feedback reviews,repairs and mods.just so much banshee info.i would study the repairs and mods forum extensively,then go over your quad and make sure she is up to snuff.just a word to the wise,for the most part it is a good site.there are some nasty images on there not for younger viewers.lots of info and links.enjoy,and hold on tight:lol: