PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

Cody
12-23-2005, 11:24 AM
You see, people over the year's have always said "BOY! I WANT A CAR FOR CHRISTMAS!" And they get a car. You ask what's the big deal? Well alot of people say what they want for christmas. Christmas is GIVING, not RECEIVING. People should give gift's and not assume there getting anything in return. See when somone ask's me what I want for christmas I say "Nothing" because I dont think of christmas as GIFTS GIFTS GIFTS. It's about the birth of JESUS. People should stop and think about it. Sorry... Had to vent.

250r'en +TCB
12-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I agree it's to materialistic, but I'm an athiest so I don't really care about the religous part. Thats proubly part of the reason people have the views they do about christmas!!!! Plus, it's the number 1 time of the year for suicides so it can't be that great!!!! hahaha

Cody
12-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Im religous, but people dont really care about giving, just recieving.

Howdy
12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Im religous, but people dont really care about giving, just recieving.

You have never been around me. :)
I am always the last person to open up gifts at Christmas. I honestly could care less about getting any. Being able to spend time with the Family and Friends and having fairly good health is better than any material gift I can recieve. Call me wierd if you want, but I enjoy seeing the smiling faces of other people more than anything.

Howdy

G-MAN-1
12-23-2005, 08:47 PM
howdy you are weird. nah just kidding..........love Yeh man. MERRY CHRISTMAS. SAY HI TO ALL FROM US NEW YORKERS.see you soon...........

TimSr
12-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Cody, there are a lot more people like Howdy and G-Man than the ones you describe. Dont be discouraged. The ability to understand the meaning and importance of Christmas comes with maturity, and my guess is you are a young guy and that your social circles are less mature than ours. Not everybody is raised with a good understanding of Jesus, and many dont figure out the whole picture until later in life. Ask a friend to attend a Christmas Eve Service with you. Its the biggest day of the year for church visitors.

traxxasx
12-24-2005, 08:03 AM
preach on CODY, i hate it when people say x-mas, i always correct them, its CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody
12-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Hehe, yeah. I know there's people out there. Alot really. But some people just demand what they want and get it. I dont care what I get or IF I get.