PDA

View Full Version : New service truck

smokinwrench
12-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I took some pictures of my new service truck today. I didn't want a new truck I was perfectly happy with my old one but I have no choice. My old one was set up perfect, the bed is the cadilac of service beds. My new one is way less desireable. I feel like I'm trading out of a 2002 cadilac into a 2006 kia. I tried giving it to some other mechanic but I can't do it, each department was allocated one new truck and I just happened to have the oldest truck in our fleet after the other 2 guys got there new ones. What makes me angry is that my truck is going to another guy for him to use for the next year or two.

smokinwrench
12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Front view
my old truck

03 ORANGE SHEE
12-23-2005, 10:44 PM
didnt know thats what ya did, i run a 53c, and d5g, i miss the ol' 973b, that was a horse, i remember running junk like the 955l from like 1972

smokinwrench
12-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Yep I keep the Cats purring. I don't work on to many track loaders thank goodness. Them things are a pain to work on. I prefer to work on wheel loaders, graders, scrapers.

250rAL
12-24-2005, 02:03 PM
There's no doubt what that truck is for...SERVICE:D

smokinwrench
12-25-2005, 11:48 PM
There's no doubt what that truck is for...SERVICE:D

Yeah I'm not to sure about this new lettering we have. I suppose I will get use to it.

jeswinehart
12-26-2005, 12:11 AM
I hope you have better luck with it then I have had with that crane truck I got a couple of years ago.
Genral manager and I was talking about it last week and we come up with it has been in the shop or out of service for nearly 4 months out of the 28 months I have had it.
It will be going back in the dealer for a leaking headgasket at a mere 41K miles.
It stinks bigtime swapping service trucks out ,,, REALLY stinks !

john

smokinwrench
12-26-2005, 01:18 AM
in the shop or out of service for nearly 4 months out of the 28 months I have had it.

john

We are switching to the GMC's with duramax because we can't keep the 6 litter Fords on the road. My company has 9 6 ltr F550's that I know of and all have been a pain. We have one 2005 that when he had owned it 180 days it had been in the shop for 60 days. Pretty tough to make a living with a truck that you can't have on the job site.

I have heard terrible things about these small gm trucks. I suppose tiem will tell.

LonesomeTriZ
12-26-2005, 04:27 PM
they are great. But they do not actually WORK for a living, so it is hard to get through to them just how under powered and useless they actually are. I am a Ford man, but I know the truth. I will never abandon my 7.3 power plant.