PDA

View Full Version : Another E-bay Question!

going4broketecate85
12-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Last week or so I was contacted by a E-bay member and he said that he noticed that I was bidding on an item and didn't win it and that he had the same thing that he would sell me for less than what the one I was bidding on ended for. Well I've been working out the details on getting this item from him and was about to send he money Via PayPal(not much $10 after shipping not to worried about it) and then I get a message from another E-bay member saying I see that you are interested in "such and such" (different from the previous guy) parts, I have lots of them if interested let me know Blah Blah Blah! Anyways My question is: Does this happen alot? And how safe would this be? The $10 I'm not worried about but the other guy's parts might be lots of money! Another peice of info both of them have great feedback!
Thanks

RideRed250R
12-30-2005, 02:03 AM
uhh... it hasnt ever happend to me... so i would be alittle concerned... when two memebers contact you i see a team deal.. meaning it could be the same guy jinxing you for money... i would steer clear
adam

going4broketecate85
12-30-2005, 02:15 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking! Seemed kinda fishy to me! But I will probably go through with the $10 deal and tell the other guy(After I receive the first deal) to put it on E-bay and if I am interested then maybe I'l bid or maybe not! See if I can beat them at their own game!

TimSr
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
If they do it DURING an auction, it shows they are unethical and unscrupulous. If they do it after an auction has ended, its not uncommon. They have a part, search ended auctions for the same part, and offer it to very recent bidders for a quick sale without havning to go through an auction procedure. Remember, though, you have no ebay protections, and do not have feedback to leave to ensure honesty. If they have a good feedback record, you are probably okay, but if its iffy at all, steer clear.

bigredhead
12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Ask for a phone number and shoot him a call for verification.. if he agrees to that i'd go for it for 10 $..