PDA

View Full Version : Canadians get hammered buying from American Ebay Users

timex69
12-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey
Im a Canadian and i've been using ebay for quite some time and lately ive began to notice that shipping to Canada from the US costs an arm anda leg, Does anyone else notice this or is it truely how much it costs to ship. Example: An american puts an item on ebay that they say theyw ill ship to the US for 7 dollars then shipping to Canada is usually atleast doubled or sometimes trippled.

Has anyone else wondered this?

Let me know what you guys think, i just needed to vent, these shipping costs drive me Crazy sometimes.

TimSr
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
There is already a recent thread on shipping to Canada, but all you have to do is go to USPS.com, enter a "from" zip code, select shipping to Canada and put in some sample weight vaues and see what it costs, and yes, shipping anything bigger than a letter to Canada is quite a bit higher, and there are additional forms to fill out, and address has to be all in caps.

RCGUY
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Shipping to canada dose cost more but i haven't found it to bad , most times its 5 - 10 dollars more and i don't mind paying it because where i live its had to find parts for sport trikes and quads

Kintore
12-31-2005, 12:15 AM
I havent found it that bad, like RC guy im willing to pay a few extra bucks. You gotta do what you gotta do right.

timex69
12-31-2005, 10:25 AM
your right, what angered me was im looking to buy some air sockets for my new compressor i got this christmas and it costed $28 dollars to ship to anywhere in the states and like $48 to ship to canada and this guy was located in Maine which I do beleive Boarders Canada.

ClayW
12-31-2005, 10:41 AM
The big problem I see is this. THe reason it costs more, is that people want to be insured that you get the item. Because if it gets lost and you dont get it the seller is out the money and item. If they ship it where its trackable and insured when it crosses the border, the seller is protected. That is the issue I have right now. Guy bid on and won a item I sold and he was from Canada. I clearly put in the auction US only. But I will give it a try. I posted a question about this very thing 2 days ago. The seller is trying to protect his self. If you send it regular postal mail insured, it wont cost much. But the insurance is only good to the border. If it gets lost or damaged north of there your screwed. Ebay/Paypal would give you your money back, but the seller would be up a creek without a paddle. That was my issue.

CLayW

sp1tekiller
12-31-2005, 10:53 AM
I was going to be buy an FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer off of Ebay for my RMX250 for 115$. The shipping cost was 130$. That's really the only time I have had a problem paying more for shipping.

bigredhead
12-31-2005, 06:11 PM
I just baught a folding bike on e-bay.

Flat rate shipping to US . 33 $... flat rate to canada.. 120 !!!!

200xcellent
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
I sold a Scotty Cameron putter on eBay a few months ago to a guy in England and it only cost about $32 to ship there through USPS, UPS wanted $105.