PDA

View Full Version : Thunderdome starts this saturday night.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
http://www.bluetraxx.com/videos/raptorcrash1.wmv

Heres the info if anyone wants to go. They do not cancel due to bad weather. Dress warm and bring ear plugs. The food there is great too.
Adult admission is $14
Kids under age ?? is a few dollars cheaper
$35 per class to race

G-MAN-1
01-05-2006, 10:53 PM
i cant believe its that much to get in. mx races isnt even that much.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Admission is $12 from 2pm to 5pm,then $14 from 5pm til the end of the races, BS!!! if you ask me. Kids under 6 are free. I guess kids over 6 are treated as adults. WHats worse than that is I have to pay the $12 admission,then $35 to race. Racers shouldnt have to pay admission to an event thier participating in,, more BS!!
I'll be there tonight practicing.
C YA's BBBBBRRRRAAAAHHHHPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

smokinwrench
01-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Good luck Jim,

We have the same thing here. Pay $7 to get in the gate then $30 to race. Makes me mad everytime I go there.

I hope you go the blaster tuned up and whipp up on some bigger quads.

G-MAN-1
01-06-2006, 10:44 PM
i prolly wont attend any this year due to that amount of cash needed.
not worth the 14 buxxx. to inhale that much fumes. and freeze
just not my sport any more. good luck. ill be in chatt fri, sat night listening to supercross live.

G-MAN RACING #823
MONTICELLO NEW YORK

TRIKE
01-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I was hoping to have my quad soon enough to make the trip up and over to race with you Jim but of course its not looking good. If they held the events longet I might be able to make it. Since I probably cant,Wish ya the best of luck and hope ya bring home that big trophy! By the way I got your email ,,just alot going on and havent been on the pc much lately.eamil coming!!

YAMAHA_Jim
01-07-2006, 02:18 AM
...I'm still in one piece and the blaster ran great.I forgot how much fun Thunderdome was until I got out on the track. The only problem I had with the blaster was a worn steering rod end. It was so worn that the right tire would shake violently in the turns.All that shaking transfered up to the bars and had me hangin on for dear life.I noticed it last year and forgot to fix it over the summer. It was replaced as soon as I got home.
The last practice run ,I got to battle with the 350xblaster(pic) for 6 laps. He took off ahead of me, Every lap I'd pull up along side him out of the turn and drag race to the next turn.I couldnt make the pass stick until lap 5 when he slid out wide. I passed him on the inside and was gone like yesterday.My blaster was hooking up better than his. There was also the TRX250(other pic),a honda 450r,400ex,and something else out there with us but I didnt see any of them.
TRIKE- There was a new zuker 450 there tonite in yellow. You were the first guy I thought of :)