PDA

View Full Version : This Disgusts Me...

Jeb
02-28-2003, 02:45 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030228/ap_on_re_us/teachers_iraq_2

I'm not a veteran, nor have I ever served in the arm forces. But I back our soldiers 1000%. This whole lack of support of our military is disgusting. Sadly, I guess it will take a nuclear or bioligical tragedy in our own country to bring some folks around. God, I hope that never happens.

I thought teachers were supposed to TEACH, not PREACH! Our society would be better off if the Teachers focused more on Math, Science, & Reading and not on pushing their political and personal views. As I have a family of my own now, I understand what my father used to tell us. Believe in the things you believe in because you have THOUGHT and Studied about it yourself, not because someone TOLD you to believe in it or because Someone SAID it was the RIGHT thing or the COOL thing to believe in. Follow your thoughts to your own conclusions. The best thing for your kids is to teach them at home to THINK for themselves and build a strong foundation of moral values for them to base their decisions on.

You don't have to support war with Irag, but for God Sake's support our Military!

Sorry, had to vent!

Howdy
02-28-2003, 02:56 PM
It's no wonder that American Kids are behind in knowledge when the Teachers can't get their heads out of their posterior. Maybe all those teachers should be on the front line first so that they can see what it like.

While I personally don't like the thought of war, I support our military. If we are going in then we need to do it now and get it over with.
Just my 2 cents.
Howdy

J.D.
02-28-2003, 04:40 PM
If teachers would do there job, this country wouldn't be as stupid as it is. So many kids my own age I know are dumb, and will amount to be nothing more than drug dealers and gangsters. Myself, I'm glad my parents homeschooled me since the 6th grade. My education is far above and beyond those of kids I know my own age....but I also back the military. I plan to join the navy someday, go and see the world and help out my country if need be. I fear the war with Iraq though because I think if we go to war with them, here's WWIII. We attack them, there pals attack us, our pals attack them...and there you go, World War 3. I wish there was some peaceful resolution to it but I just don't see it, and I think Bush is like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with blinders right now and all he see's is war on Iraq...that's just my opinion though...

While I personally don't like the thought of war, I support our military. If we are going in then we need to do it now and get it over with.
That's very well said too. My opinion, you're gonna start something, FINISH IT! Like this whole thing with "Osama Bin Laden"....if he's such a bad guy, and we would have wanted him dead, he would have been dead. but he isn't.....whoops...guess I ran on a little long with this post.....oh well, nobody take my comments to heart and get mad...usually people don't like my comments and get all riled up about them :?

HemiChallenger71
02-28-2003, 05:40 PM
They're all a bunch of tree hugging hippies and NEED to be shot, or deported or something. These are the same asholes who are trying to outlaw 2 strokes and have 0 emisions on cars and ban 3 wheelers. This is a lot like all these moron movie stars who stongly disapprove of the war and so fourth. ALL of them need to re-analyize their existance and pull their heads out of their asses. If they stopped for one second and listened to themselves and listened to others they might realize how stupid they really are.

When you talk about teachers preaching their opinion to kids it's 100% true. I've had a lot of teachers, especially history teachers, that would take an entire hour and preach to us about how they feel about something. They would most of the time take students opinions, but they anaylize them and twist them so they sound wrong when the student is right. Sounds like a polotician to me.

If not for soldiers and people who fight for our country, WE WOULDN'T HAVE A COUNTRY. These people fight weather their government is right or wrong, even when their own opinions may differ strongly, but they still serve! I have a web address that I will post as soon as I can find it to thank all our armed forces people.

ATC crazy
02-28-2003, 05:51 PM
I agree. The teachers need to keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to situations like these, and not make the kids side with them. On the news last night, they were saying that we need to keep the "innocent" Iraqi citizens from being hit by bombs..but you know they will be on the streets w/ their AK-47's shoting at us. Ever see "Blackhawk Down"
I'm not basing all this on the movie but I bet it will be very similar. :?

smokinwrench
03-01-2003, 02:18 AM
I don't agree with this war totally, but if were gonna fight about this stuff lets do it and do it fast like Desert Storm. Then get a good democracy in there to run that damn country, or EVEN BETTER make it the 51st state and make them pay taxes. To top it all off make EVERYONE in the U.S.A. speak ENGLISH or LEAVE. Just my 2 cents. Josh Proud to be an American.

Howdy
03-01-2003, 02:37 AM
To top it all off make EVERYONE in the U.S.A. speak ENGLISH or LEAVE. Just my 2 cents. Josh Proud to be an American.

It's getting so bad my kids heard at school someone say" Your in America now speak spanish".
My Opinion is: What you do in your home is your buisness. But if your out and about speak English or have someone with you that can. It's not fair to the other people that can't speak other languages. I say if you want to be a US Citizen then by law you must learn English. It would save a lot of agrivation for everyone.
That's my 2 cents.

smokinwrench
03-01-2003, 03:19 AM
Hearing stuff like that just pisses me off. This isn't the united states of mexico. (no caps required) People wonder why I have a bad additude. Howdy we need to get together and solve all the worlds problems we could have everything figured out after a 24 pack lol. Josh

J.D.
03-01-2003, 11:39 AM
You guys think it's bad back there? Go to a construction site in Las Vegas. It's like little frikkin Mexico, and not a single one of them speaks english. They rent apartments, and 40 of them sleep in it. Then when they get enough money they split the groups, and bring more of there buddies up from Mexico to work with them. It's pretty crazy stuff. They sure can build a house quickly though!

wanta250r
03-01-2003, 01:53 PM
I agree with Hemichallenger71 completely. These damn geenies are ruining this country. It seems like people would rather believe soddamn insane than believe our president. come on. I support the war....... and as for stupid teachers, i can tell you that around here the teachers don't try to brainwash students with their bonehead ideas, atleast most of them anyway........

ATC crazy
03-01-2003, 03:11 PM
To top it all off make EVERYONE in the U.S.A. speak ENGLISH or LEAVE. Just my 2 cents. Josh Proud to be an American.

Exactly!

Im in my 2nd year of spanish in school only because its required for an advanced diploma. It sucks. After school all I'm going to remember is "No hablo el espanol" (I don't speak spanish)

Yo Quiero Taco Bell? Tu Hablas de ingles mutherf**ker?

J.D.
03-01-2003, 03:58 PM
First off: why the hell do you have to have spanish to get an advanced diploma? That's ridiculous.
Secondly....that yo quiero homo toco whatever you said is funny...I'm gonna take spanish next year, but only because it's the only second language available and I need it for elective credits(I'm trying to find easy stuff)

wanta250r
03-01-2003, 06:18 PM
If you want an easy elective, take woodworking or welding. I think that any immigrant that comes into this country should speak fluent english. Teachers at my school are trying to tell me I have to take a foreign language to get into a college. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

ATC crazy
03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
why the hell do you have to have spanish to get an advanced diploma? That's ridiculous.

Ask our school system.

I have to take a foreign language to get into a college. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

And thats the only reason I am taking the stupid language. Yada, yada, yada, chinky, dinky, winky.

that yo quiero homo toco whatever you said is funny

"Yo quiero Taco Bell"--thats spanish for "I want Taco Bell" Its on one of their commercials. The good thing about learning spanish, is that if you think they are talking about you...you know what they are saying ;)

Rod
03-02-2003, 12:41 AM
I am sure I will get drilled for this but here it goes. First off, everybody here shold thank teachers for the ability to even read the messages on this message board. If you guys think that it is the teachers fault that kids are bad think back & ask yourself did you give 100% bat everything you did in school? I guarentee that you didn't and when you did't do homework or pay attention in class that must be the teachers fault. Now the spanish thing. The fact that we open our borders & accept almost anybody makes us the best country in the world(along with a great education system). The people in black hawk down. If you were in there situation you would have done the same thing! Remember, as far as they know we were the enemy. We were in there country. These are mostly third world conutrys that we are sealing with with very little education. I support what ever needs to be done I can tell you that much, but please, lay off teachers and the schools beacuse there is so much more to that job then you think. Imagine your self in front of 30 kids that act in a range from about a 30 year old to one that acts like they are still in 3rd grade. Now your job is to make sure that every kid gets the same amount of attention (weather they want it or not) & if the test scores don't show that they all improved, you haven't done your job. Think of it like this. You may try to tech people about the greatness of trikes but they may never understand & if they don't you suck. Not all that fair is it. Thanks for letting me vent.

wanta250r
03-02-2003, 01:00 AM
are school system is not great. I have seen to much crap in my school and state to even think that. And as for teachers, they can get pretty stupid. I have a teacher right now that is going out of his way to fail me, and thats because I am not the hippie, limpwristed, dumbarse that he is. x

Jeb
03-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Imagine your self in front of 30 kids that act in a range from about a 30 year old to one that acts like they are still in 3rd grade. Now your job is to make sure that every kid gets the same amount of attention (weather they want it or not) & if the test scores don't show that they all improved, you haven't done your job.

If that's the case and I was a teacher, I don't think I'd have the time to be spouting my PERSONAL OPINIONs of our military, my political beliefs and my opinions about whether a war is right or wrong like evidently these teachers in Maine have the time to do. I'd be TEACHING them what they need to know to pass the tests, not TEACHING them that thier parents who serve in our armed services are unethical just because I personally don't back the administration or our military.

I didn't want this to turn into a teacher bashing post. There are allot of good teachers out there. God Bless them.

Rod
03-02-2003, 01:20 AM
This wasn't aimed at you Jeb. I agree that they shouldn't use class as there own personal trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro session, but I know that some do. It's just frustrating hearing people dog on things that they have no knowledge of. But again, there are the few bad apples that ruin it for everybody else. That pretty much goes for anything that you can think of.

Dads
03-02-2003, 01:35 AM
And here are a couple of geniuses some of you may have voted for.

Anyone remember this??
>
> It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news
> video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings
> during the Reagan Administration.
>
> There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but
> what he said was stunning!
>
> He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to
> $60,000 for a home security system?"
>
> Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."
>
> The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't
> that just a little excessive?"
>
> "No, sir," continued Ollie.
>
> "No? And why not?" the senator asked.
>
> "Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."
>
> "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.
>
> "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.
>
> "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
>
> "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.
>
> At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't
> pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of
> people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so
> afraid of this man?" the senator asked.
>
> "Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie
> answered.
>
> "And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.
>
> "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team
> be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."
>
> The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown
> of the clip.
>
>
> By the way, that senator was Al Gore
>
> Also:
>
> Terrorist pilot Mohammed Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The
> Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo
> agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release
> so-called "political prisoners."
>
> However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands,
> The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of
> State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.
>
> Thus Mohammed Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an
> airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by
> many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were
> first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.

HemiChallenger71
03-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Taht is a very interesting post RAT. It doesn't suprise me one bit either. Oh, and ROD, I'm not bashing teachers for the job they do or don't, it is extremly hard to be a teacher, you have to be gifted to be a good one, its just those few that do push their opinions on students. Those are the teacher's were bashing.

J.D.
03-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Well y'all can say what you want about where you live, but the teachers in my county, almost none of them care. Take for instance my sisters teacher. He is a communist. It's ok for him to sit up in front of the classroom and eat food, and chew gum. BUT! if a student is eating, they have to throw there food away. If they are caught with gum, they have to handle the embarrassment of putting the gum on there nose for the rest of the day. The students in my sisters class are FORCED to call the bathrooms, the "facilities". The teacher being referenced to WILL NOT allow them to go to the bathroom if they don't call it "the facilities." If this communist trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro would worry more about teaching, and not all these BS rules about food, and calling the bathrooms "the facilities", my sister would be getting a better education. My sister has 5 subjects. We're past half the school year, right? Are they past 1/2 way in there books? HELL NO! All these lazy ass teachers care about out here is there paychecks. If they had to go out and get a REAL job, they would be on welfare within 3 weeks. It's truly pathetic how lazy these teachers are. So in conclusion, maybe the teachers are good where y'all are, but certainly not out here.

wanta250r
03-02-2003, 08:03 PM
My teachers have microwaves shock shock They will give a lecture then throw a Hot Pocket in there and we are not aloud to eat ! "The Facilities" is stupid. If I needed to go to the bathroom I would just walk out the door and not worry about asking to go to " The Facilities" because that is crazy ! I wouldn't care what the consequences are. I would not take that crap. Stupid red basturds.....

smokinwrench
03-02-2003, 11:23 PM
I have always heard. There are people who can and those that can't teach.

Rod
03-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always heard. There are people who can and those that can't teach.

That's great. So i suppose you can fly a 747 or any sort of plane! or at least teach us how to. I wouldn't give most of you guys a week as a teacher. again there are some poor ones, I agree, but to group them togther is saying that three wheelers are why people get hurt not the riders.

TimSr
03-03-2003, 10:20 AM
They had a pro-America Rally (not a pro war rally) in support of our troops in Cleveland on Sunday that drew 10,000 people, and it barely got reported in national media (except Fox), and they did the same in Texas. Meanwhile 20 Hollywood fruitcakes carry signs saying "they gave us 6 missiles, only 250,000 to go, inspections are working" and it gets reported as "news" on every major network for a week. Regardless of anyones position on the war, those people putting their life on the line deserve our full support and respect.

Jeb
03-03-2003, 02:22 PM
TimSr, that is awful. I'm a Texan and I didn't even know about the rally, nor have I heard one thing about it yet.

Here's some more fuel for the fire. This is just scary.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/879905.asp?0cv=CB10

wanta250r
03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
lol lol When I was in the 8th grade I was reading at the 12th grade level 8) 8)

Daaa put the nut on the bolt and twist...good... now we can move on...
pull the seat belt around yoiurself and push it into the other part of the seat belt....daaaa lol lol

Billy Golightly
03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Studies are needed to prove whether either change would affect death and injury rates, but simplifying instructions would be a commonsense “relatively easy fix” in the meantime, she said.
“This could be accomplished by using shorter sentences and simpler words. For example, ‘collision,’ ‘automobile,’ and ‘remedied’ could be replaced by ‘crash,’ ‘car,’ and ‘fixed,”’ according to the study.

Wow.....I'm speechless. Too many lawyers suing I guess because the people their representing don't have enough brains to ache when they hurt. Sad world this is coming to.

Merriman
03-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Tell me about criticism. I hear,see, watch, and opinionate on it all.

tony_250r
03-04-2003, 04:00 PM
I’m thank God that I live in the US, where one has the right to say what one wants, and to have the right to disagree with the powers that be.

I’m part of the War Machine right now, and I’ve served on active duty in the pass. US Army Infantry (11-B-10 Rifleman) 1974 to 1977. I offered my life so that we could keep these rights.

I my opinion, this teacher stepped over the line when she said, “Anybody who would fight that war is also unethical”. That statement is BS, because service member’s follow orders as directed, no questions asked. They have no say as to what war they fight, period.

Some Solders are liberals, and some are conservatives. Some are even tree huggers who I complete disagree with, but they have a right. No one put a knife up to his or her throat to sing the contract. Believe me, they are lots of Solders, Marines, Sailors and Airman that don’t agree with what GW is doing. But they singed the contract, and that’s it.

Just because one is against the war, doesn’t mean they are against our service members. Lots of the protesters are war veterans, as well as our war fighter’s family members wanting them home.

I wish God’s speed to all of war fighters. Remember, this is not a game, its war, life and death for both sides.

Follow Me, For I Am The Infantry. UooooWaaaa