PDA

View Full Version : ATC90 chase scenes from James Bond & Dr. Who

balloontireridr
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I have the ATC90 scene from James Bond Diamonds are Forever (1971). It shows several green ATC90's chasing Bond. Although it is not the original green that Honda used on the early 90's. Bond gets away in a cool Mach 1 also.

I also have a clip of some ATC90 action from the British Dr. Who series. It is from a Jan. 1972 episode titled "Day of the Daleks".

I do have a copy of the Goonies (1985) movie that shows a brief scene at the end of a Blue Yahmaha (225?) Tri-moto and a 4-wheeler (who cares what?). It is bad quality so I am working on a better copy. I will post if and when I get it.

I may see if I can get the original files hosted as they are better quality. I was limited to 10MB here.

Enjoy!

Tri-ZNate
01-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Good MAN!!! Welcome to the club :w00T:

traxxasx
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
wow that was pretty cool. Those 90's for diamonda are 4ever are haulin and jumpin, lol then the mexican guy jumps one hella high and he crashes. In the other movie did you see how much air they left out of the back tires? Does anybody know why??

balloontireridr
01-07-2006, 10:04 PM
It's called suspension. In those days the tires had 2-3 psi tire pressure and with two people it just smooshed. I like in the Bond movie how that guy that crashes kicks his 90 over with ease. If you look closely they took the rear tire off underneath to film the part. Never saw it fly off in the crash! Also, in the beginning when that car rolls a tire must have came of that moon vehicle as it is visible in the foreground. Mysterisouly it is back on for the rest of the chase. These old movies are hard to rip appart!

traxxasx
01-07-2006, 10:21 PM
lol yea i saw that tire and it wasent from the car. i knew it was for suspension. i was asking that to see if you guys knew. kinda like a trivia question lol. but there pretty cool. yea the tire was gone then he kicks it then get back on it and trys to leave with the wheel on........lol

you see how the guy takes 5 minutes to take off , put it in gear, lol he was waiting for bond to go kick him off i guess he was supossed to pull the rope 3 times for it to start, so the timing is rite.

danteross77
01-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Very cool indeed! Thanks for the clips. Did you notice Shawn Connery when he (or his double) was riding the trike back to the mustang and he put his leg down. Wonder if it was Connery, or a stunt guy. Don't you think a stunt guy would know better than that.

balloontireridr
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah I did notice the leg. I figured it really was Connery cause like you say a stunt man would know better.

traxxasx
01-07-2006, 10:33 PM
you should get those other clips, i like to that tri moto. you can upload then on some sites and then just post the link. try thise site http://www.putfile.com/ you can get like 25mb per file.

Howdy
01-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I have always wondered how they fixed that first 90 so quick.
On the first clip posted: at about 1:03 into the clip they show the guy kicking the 3wheeler back over ( it's on it's left side ). Look at the left rear tire on the 3 wheeler ( it is missing ). Then at 1:05 it shows a different angle and the 3 wheeler is laying on the right side with the tire on it. I remember watching this movie before and asking myself what the heck is up with that? Now that I have a copy of the video I can see it plain as day. hehe
Howdy

IrvSLedman
01-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Good Vid man.. always liked bond and trikes.. good combo now if only that were a Z28 and not some POS ford.. lol

Rm250RF900R
01-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Speaking of The Goonies. Its on right now on AMC. I'll keep an eye out for the trikes at the end of the movie.

85hondaatc125m
01-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Yea, Im sure it wasnt the stunt guy that put his leg down, a real triker knows to lean. And then when the guy jumps the Green 90 and hits the ground hard and then just kicks it back on its tires and then it just fires right up 2nd time, that is how you can tell it is a HONDA.

traxxasx
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Yea, Im sure it wasnt the stunt guy that put his leg down, a real triker knows to lean. And then when the guy jumps the Green 90 and hits the ground hard and then just kicks it back on its tires and then it just fires right up 2nd time, that is how you can tell it is a HONDA.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude i could flip my yami a hundred time and i bet it will start up First kick. its so funny how HONDA is the BEST. Yea my arse. Its not better cause it HONDA , the name doesent even matter, its all the specfications and how the trike was maintained. and ridden. LOL so HONDA is all the same.

balloontireridr
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
I have the original files available for download. They are better quality. You can save them from media player. Here they are.

Dr Who (http://upload3.putfile.com/videos/718224141.avi)

James Bond (http://upload3.putfile.com/videos/717483459.mpg)

RedRider_AK
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
LOL I like the part where the dude tries to jump the 90 off the cliff or whatever and then he endo's (you can see it flip right at the end of the screen) and then they show his just kicking the thing off of himself and starting it right up again. Unfortunately, he is apparently a total pussy because he can't even pull the 90 over and he just sits there until Bond manages to run up to him and kick him off. I mean, he just bounces it up and down and hopes that it'll start. It's weird.

IrvSLedman
01-09-2006, 12:52 AM
It starts, then he revs it.. like hes gonna dump it into gear. duh.. lol idk but yeah it starts and Shaun dows a sweet wheelie..

traxxasx
01-09-2006, 01:49 AM
LOL I like the part where the dude tries to jump the 90 off the cliff or whatever and then he endo's (you can see it flip right at the end of the screen) and then they show his just kicking the thing off of himself and starting it right up again. Unfortunately, he is apparently a total pussy because he can't even pull the 90 over and he just sits there until Bond manages to run up to him and kick him off. I mean, he just bounces it up and down and hopes that it'll start. It's weird.

yea the timing is way off on that part.