PDA

View Full Version : Geez what does a man have to pay for tool box stays!!

Orangecnty250r
01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Well I have been looking for tool box stays for a while now.....I even have posted a wanted ad on the classifieds here....Thought I would get them cheap ...this tool box was only at 2.00 the last day of the auction...Threw a decent snipe on it and bam someone bids this up....The stays are taking a trip with the 81 r parts to get zinc plated before they go on my R..Well I have no use for the box because I bought 4 new ones a while back to have...maybe I can resell that....With the shipping this cost me 48.00:mad: :mad: The Thing that sucks is I saw a parts lot this week for a 65.00 buy it now with them in it...Should have just bought that!!!! Oh well:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4601302153&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

jeswinehart
01-08-2006, 10:41 PM
OC ,,, why don't you take your hack saw and carve you out a couple and drill the holes and put in a vice and beat them like would a redheaded step child to the form you want them ?
Somebody in Jaypan made them ,,, you sure as heck oughta be able to get it close enough to be NOS (new outrageouslly simple ).

john

Orangecnty250r
01-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Its that whole addiction to the OEM restores I have.....Its an illness:lol: :lol:

jeswinehart
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Too that ,,, I can relate ( too a degree ) :)

Somebody send me those stays so I can duplicate for OC. I will cover postage both ways ( but don't tell the inspectors ! ) .

john