PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "onestopatv" aka RangeRover

newramman02
01-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Hello, I sold onestop, "rangerover" on these forums, some parts november 29th 2005 he paid me via paypal, everything was fine with the transaction until I get an e-mail from paypal tonight and they say they are putting a hold on my account for $275.00 because the payment from Adam(onestopatv) RangRover, etc. was from "Potentially Unauthorized Funds" I sent him the parts the very next day I have all my receipts and tracking numbers, so I can prove he received the parts.

newramman02
01-09-2006, 01:36 AM
here is a copy of the e-mail from paypal, this isnt the entire e-mail it has some personal account details, but this is the part that tells what's going on. does anybody have any advice? anybody ever get one of these e-mails?

Dear tommy Hammonds,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Nov. 29, 2005 18:28:50 PST
Transaction Amount: $275.00 USD
Payor's Email: adam@onestopatv.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

patblkwell
01-09-2006, 01:40 AM
I tried pm'ing him a few days ago for parts I need and he hasn't replied back...not sure what's up with that guy. It's kinda weird how he just showed up on ebay with all that NOS atc stuff and then was "booted off" of ebay.

82300R
01-09-2006, 03:17 AM
i have been reading all of the different posts on all this since this stuff started. onestop,hammysammy,my350xresto,the pilot stuff. all the highass bidding on e bay. i don't know what to make of it but something just don't seem right with the whole thing. that is just my opinion. maybe i'm wrong.:confused:

ScottZJ
01-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Well I know that with all the pilot scamming going on, they could have done something with his paypal account too. He has had his ebay account trashed by them, just screwing around with him. So not sure, but I met him and he seems like a really cool guy.

Mosh
01-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks back (not with onestop though). Paypal put a hold on some funds but the buyer did email me and told me he was having some trouble with his account. It took about a week but i got my money. Hope everthing turns out ok for both of you. I have not delt with rangerover (onestopatv) but i heard people have had good dealings before. I don't know if this will help you or not but try giving it a week. Paypal only got ahold of me to tell me there was a hold and then i didn't hear anything again until the hold was released.

phreakboy
01-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems, however I also have been reading all the post, I also sell tons and buy tons of stuff so I know your frustrations, I will say that first off you should call paypal and talk to them on the phone because I had the same thing happen to me and turned out to be nothing to worry about, also a good friend of mine had his and his girlfriends paypal account frozen, his was because he decided he wanted all of his money out of the account to buy something so they froze his account and any recent transactions just because they said it looked fishy, his girlfriends was frozen just because she has the same address even though nothing financially is linked. So what I am trying to say is dont get too worried until you talk to paypal and find out the whole situation. I dont think that hes a bad guy however I have not done any deals with him, but I have been in crappy situations and I know how bad *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* can go real fast so maybe it is just something simple, I know he just posted the other day in the "cars" thread in off topic, hopefully he will respond and resolve this, also one of my paypal account got screwed temporarily when my one ebay account went to hell due to a bad deal and someone screwing me so that could also have something to do with it. Anyway good luck and I hope this all gets resolved.

Orangecnty250r
01-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Well Rangerover completed his deal with me (Came in today) so now several have been completed with me...He even "took care" of me with some goodies thrown in the box to make up for the delay...Thanks Adam!!! :beer

Just waiting on one more item which is a favor to me ;) and it will make my day when it arrives

mudbogger
01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Like I stated in my earlier posting, I have dealt with him on the board here, through Ebay and off the Pilot forums and the transactions went flawlessly-Im sorry to hear about his other dealings,it seems mabye he bit off more than he can chew-I have heard through assocaites that he indeed does have 1 hell of a stock of Honda stuff so I'm confused as to the motives of the guy, hopefully he'll step up to the plate and get these deals that are haging over his head completed and work out the issues he has with others-

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
01-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I have responded to you three times now, why would you say that I did not, I can post them right on here if you like with your responses to them. First PM I got from the guy was I am gonna contact the authoritys bla bla FBI. One if the FBI is gonna put somebody on their priority list for 275 that would blow my mind and is very annoying to me that you keep talking about the law when I keep telling you that I am doing everything in my power to remidy the situation. I did nothing and no it is not I paid with a stolen credit card like you accused me of LOL. I sent you your shirt along with of few others and it was the first three not five, even though I have given out more than three as a good patron to the board. You keep making my life hard by stating untrue things and talking about calling the FBI on me I am gonna put this on the back burner, I did everything in my ability to remedy this and it is just time with paypal from here.d

Tri-ZNate
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
RangeRover is trying to do the best he can with all the requests for parts and all the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* that has happened. Give him the benifit of the doubt. Like you I started harping on him and it wasnt his fault.

newramman02
01-09-2006, 11:50 PM
look there is obviously something wrong here. you got your parts and paypal has took $275.00 out of MY account and has put a hold on it. I tried calling you several times yesterday right after i received the e-mail from Paypal. I pm'd you here, I e-mailed you using the e-mail address listed on the paypal e-mail, I could not get ahold of you. I figured the only way to get a response was to post something in the open forums. I'm sorry if it makes you look bad or something, but if everything on your end was allright then there would not be some kind of investigation going on with the payment you sent me nov. 29th. I don't know you, that is why I mentioned the authorities. and yes, the FBI takes any kind of Wire Fraud very seriously! my father worked for the FBI for a short time in the early 1970's so I do know what I am talking about. again, all I want is this situation to go away. you seem like a stand up kind of guy. and maybe I should have waited a little longer before posting but put yourself in my shoes for a minute. I hope we can get this resolved and move on. I will not post anything else until I get word from paypal. the e-mail said I would receive some info no later than 5-days, so I guess we'll see.

chris200x
01-09-2006, 11:54 PM
well to me this guy seems like a con artist. what they do is gain the confidence of a few member by doing good and fair deals and making themselves look legit. but beware... it only takes one high prices item and they dissapear. just my two cents. I would be very careful with someone liek this.

BLAZERONE22
01-10-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm sure Rangerover will take care of you, I just think things got tossed a little out of hand for him. give him a couple of days to get it straightened out.:beer

Billy Golightly
01-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I have not personally dealt with rangerover but its pretty evident that several outstanding members of the forum here have completed some (large) deals successfully with him so I encourage no one to jump to conclusions :)

Tap
01-10-2006, 03:09 AM
if this guy is the standup guy he makes out to be couldnt he atleast return the parts until paypal has finished investigating?...that seems like the right thing to do

from my standpoint it seems as if this guy waited for you to ship the parts then just filed an appeal with paypal acting as if paypal made a mistake

but this is the conclusion i get from reading your posts.......Since you are unsure what is going on why dont you delete the first post in this thread to prevent anymore decrediting to this guys reputation

smokinwrench
01-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Every time something wierd happens in a deal, people jump right on here and post a thread about where's so-and-so. They won't answer my emails or phone calls. Fact is most people have lives beyond the computer and they might be gone for a few days. Give it a few days to settle out.

I just had my paypal, ebay accounts shut down last month. Some idiot got into my email account and started sending 2nd chance offers on items I had never listed. Ebay and paypal shut down my accounts until I got everything straightened out.

If paypal stopped payment and there is nothing he can do about it for a couple days. All you have done is ruined is credability to make any further deals. I know he won't make anymore money but some people won't get good deal on parts.

newramman02
01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I said seem slike a standup guy only because some other members here have faith in him. and as far as ruining soomeones credibility, back around november EVERYBODY on these forums were complaining about onestop and posting things that were alot worse than anything I have said. I ignored the negative and did business with him and as of right now I am burned out of $275.00 and he got some cool nos Parts. just because he joined and offered some deals to you guys it seems like everybody is standing in line to kiss his ass! I'm not saying he's a crook, but the problems he is having with paypal are now my problems, he should return the parts for me to hold until he straightens this whole mess out.

cliff2302
01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Think about it, why would he send you the parts back, and then have you send them back to him. I dont know what kinda parts they are, but i'd assume for that kinda money its something either a) rare or b) big. Either way, would you WASTE money sending parts back that could get lost/damaged and may not even arrive back to you before the whole thing is settled? It seems that he contacted you from what he posted, so just keep this between you and him. Everyone who has done this to him has came back a couple days later and appologized, but people like you are still casting doubt on him. Give the guy a break, and read the post about the pilot guys pirating his account and getting him booted from ebay, then contact him, and when its done, make sure you tell everone how it ends up. Until then, stop badmouthing him.

newramman02
01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
has everyone forgotten who the victim is here? I did not cause him problems. I never posted anything about him when everybody was mad at him for outbidding them on every cool part that showed up on ebay. I SOLD HIM SOME NOS PARTS, I WAS PAID FOR THEM VIA PAYPAL, I SHIPPED THEM THE VERY NEXT MORNING, NOW 2-MONTHS LATER THE PAYMENT IS BEING REVERSED AND $275.00 HAS BEEN TAKAN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND IS BEING HELD BY PAYPAL BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT FROM ONESTOPATV IS BEING INVESTIGATED BECAUSE IT IS "POTENTIALLY UNAUTHORIZED FUNDS" WHATEVER THAT MEANS. THIS IS WHERE THE SITUATION IS AT RIGHT NOW. I DONT KNOW HOW HE CAN RESOLVE THIS, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS CROOKED OR A THIEF. I AM MERELY SAYING THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE HE HAS THE PARTS, AND THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH HIS PAYMENT TO ME. AND THERE IS NO TALKING TO PAYPAL ABOUT IT BECAUSE PAYPAL IS PART OF EBAY, YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THEM, AND YOU DEFINITELY CANNOT WIN. I did NOT post this to try and discredit him, I tried every way I could to contact him, I pm'd a couple forum members to ask for advice and i was told to post something in the open forums and that might help.

BLAZERONE22
01-10-2006, 07:17 PM
has everyone forgotten who the victim is here? I did not cause him problems. I never posted anything about him when everybody was mad at him for outbidding them on every cool part that showed up on ebay. I SOLD HIM SOME NOS PARTS, I WAS PAID FOR THEM VIA PAYPAL, I SHIPPED THEM THE VERY NEXT MORNING, NOW 2-MONTHS LATER THE PAYMENT IS BEING REVERSED AND $275.00 HAS BEEN TAKAN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND IS BEING HELD BY PAYPAL BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT FROM ONESTOPATV IS BEING INVESTIGATED BECAUSE IT IS "POTENTIALLY UNAUTHORIZED FUNDS" WHATEVER THAT MEANS. THIS IS WHERE THE SITUATION IS AT RIGHT NOW. I DONT KNOW HOW HE CAN RESOLVE THIS, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS CROOKED OR A THIEF. I AM MERELY SAYING THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE HE HAS THE PARTS, AND THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH HIS PAYMENT TO ME. AND THERE IS NO TALKING TO PAYPAL ABOUT IT BECAUSE PAYPAL IS PART OF EBAY, YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THEM, AND YOU DEFINITELY CANNOT WIN. I did post this to try and discredit him, I tried every way I could to contact him, I pm'd a couple forum members to ask for advice and i was told to post something in the open forums and that might help.

I totally understand where your coming from, I had a delay in recieving some stuff also, but he did explain what happended and in a couple days its was all better...

3tigers
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
my buddy bought a complete set of 250r plastic from him.he forgot to send the front fender and it has now been well over a month and he has yet to respond to him or send the front fender.we shall see what happens.

82300R
01-10-2006, 07:49 PM
has everyone forgotten who the victim is here? I did not cause him problems. I never posted anything about him when everybody was mad at him for outbidding them on every cool part that showed up on ebay. I SOLD HIM SOME NOS PARTS, I WAS PAID FOR THEM VIA PAYPAL, I SHIPPED THEM THE VERY NEXT MORNING, NOW 2-MONTHS LATER THE PAYMENT IS BEING REVERSED AND $275.00 HAS BEEN TAKAN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND IS BEING HELD BY PAYPAL BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT FROM ONESTOPATV IS BEING INVESTIGATED BECAUSE IT IS "POTENTIALLY UNAUTHORIZED FUNDS" WHATEVER THAT MEANS. THIS IS WHERE THE SITUATION IS AT RIGHT NOW. I DONT KNOW HOW HE CAN RESOLVE THIS, I AM NOT SAYING HE IS CROOKED OR A THIEF. I AM MERELY SAYING THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT BECAUSE HE HAS THE PARTS, AND THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH HIS PAYMENT TO ME. AND THERE IS NO TALKING TO PAYPAL ABOUT IT BECAUSE PAYPAL IS PART OF EBAY, YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THEM, AND YOU DEFINITELY CANNOT WIN. I did NOT post this to try and discredit him, I tried every way I could to contact him, I pm'd a couple forum members to ask for advice and i was told to post something in the open forums and that might help.
i can see your side of it. you sold the stuff, got paid,then they took the money back. i would be pissed also. cause your out the parts and money. strange situation.

01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
who the heck is your buddy i owe a fender too?? I do not use the onestopatv email anymore because it costs me 80 dollars a month for emails web stuff etc and I cannot use it so I don't use it if anybody wants to contact me use hammysammy@aol.com

01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
By the way I don't even think that the money was pulled from that guys account all they said is that they are investigating it I pm him a few times asking what they said and what is going on and he is yet to get back to me but can come on here publically and bash me. As for the guy who is supposedly owed a fender email me but who is to say, as i said before when ebay esares your stuff it is kinda hard to do good when you can't see anything. I have always taken care of everybody even when I have lost money doing so. Regardless I need communtication from everybody to remidy things not bashing on here even though you say you are not there is no reason for the public to be informed of it before you are able to talk about it / figure it out if at that point I don't help you out etc them post all you want!!!!!!!

01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
well to me this guy seems like a con artist. what they do is gain the confidence of a few member by doing good and fair deals and making themselves look legit. but beware... it only takes one high prices item and they dissapear. just my two cents. I would be very careful with someone liek this.

If 275 dollars is your idea of (one high priced item) for me to disappear you need to definately think again. I had over 50,000 worth of deals trikes quards and parts ran through paypal last month. So no this would be the big one for my conartist self to bail on. LOL come on!!!!!!! By the way I am unsure which parts I even bought from you, if it was the stickers etc, thanks alot of the stickers with the dried up glue on the back that did me absolutey no good. Not saying that was you becasue name are different on here etc, but if it was you never heard me cry about the useless parts I got .

newramman02
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
so you dont think they have even taken money from my account huh? well here is a picture of the screen from my paypal account.

and here is the complete text of the e-mail fro paypal

Dear tommy Hammonds,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Nov. 29, 2005 18:28:50 PST
Transaction Amount: $275.00 USD
Payor's Email: adam@onestopatv.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the Seller Protection Program, please send an email to pending_reversal@paypal.com with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated value;
2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was purchased);
3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and tracking number for the shipment;
4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s) in question;
5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and evening; and
6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our investigation. Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Team

PayPal Email ID (Iremoved the paypal id here for security purposes)

Orangecnty250r
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
What I dont understand is why Paypal put the hold on your funds. What about there protection program etc..credit card protection etc. Whether it's this deal or any other deal..I dont get it....I would would irritated to. You have said many times you are not calling him a crook and people are jumpin on you a little....Everybody is apprehrensive about deals these days. I got antsy on my deal because I am an instant gratification type person at times.

This deal aside..Does that mean if sell a trike on ebay for 4,000 dollars paid by paypal cc..I send the trike out and come to find out it was paid for by unauthorized funds...Does this mean I'm out 4,000...Thats ridiculous. Someone help me on this because I hate it..

newramman02
01-10-2006, 08:43 PM
yes, that is exactly what can happen. paypal will pull the funds from your account if they even think the the funds are suspicious.

01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
You know I am so sick of your crying etc, what part of I have no control over what is going on I want to help you don't you get. If you are so dam worried about it why don't you get back to me with the PM's??????????????????:mad: :mad:
I think this guy may be related to the pilot guys. I think if anything else they are investigating you over something. Back to you again as you asked me did you pay with a stolen credit card, umm no my balance is as copied and pasted

98 35,358.73 17 -3,571.28 -363.09 2,885.60 -36,322.97 -2,013.01

I don't even owen a credit card, you want me to work for you and all you do is cry wolf to everybody. That must of been you with the stickers cause you never said nothin about htat either. Not saying you are a crook but you sent me junk stuff!!

BLAZERONE22
01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
What I dont understand is why Paypal put the hold on your funds. What about there protection program etc..credit card protection etc. Whether it's this deal or any other deal..I dont get it....I would would irritated to. You have said many times you are not calling him a crook and people are jumpin on you a little....Everybody is apprehrensive about deals these days. I got antsy on my deal because I am an instant gratification type person at times.

This deal aside..Does that mean if sell a trike on ebay for 4,000 dollars paid by paypal cc..I send the trike out and come to find out it was paid for by unauthorized funds...Does this mean I'm out 4,000...Thats ridiculous. Someone help me on this because I hate it..

Paypal's a nice deal when its going smooth... I got messed up a while ago when my truck got broken into and I had to cancel my credit cards, well I had used paypal to ship parts, UPS ended up stopping the shipments in mid stride... I had a couple pissed ebayers while I finally put 6 and 8 together on what the heck happened, so I can see what a mess it can get to be. Now I don't use them for shipping. I pack it up and take it down to the post office and pay cash.... But basically paypals no help, I've been screwed a couple times and only recieved part of my money back.

01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
yes, that is exactly what can happen. paypal will pull the funds from your account if they even think the the funds are suspicious.

Right exactly so if they had a hunch etc why are you threatening me with the FBI etc when I did nothing but send you the money. I did what you asked and nothing else, I don't work for paypal I didn't put the hold on there.

Orangecnty250r
01-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm personally not talking about the rangerover deal because I'm not involved in this one.....He did good by me in the end!!!

Paypal gets what 3%?? ..This is really making me hate paypal...To me not saying there was BUT if anything is fishy with any card its the cards responsibity to go after the fraudelent person. Not the innocent business owner or private seller. That could potentially bankrupt someone in a BIG deal

01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Here is the PM I just got with mine from a day or two ago waying what I was doing about it. I had sent several other pm's and got no response. Like I stated earlier, just talk it out with somebody before you rip at the mouth on here. I take my name very seriously.
Originally Posted by rangerover
I am really unsure of what is going on with it all i sent them a email and haven't heard back from them. Like I said quit talking about the police, it is very annoying to me. I didn't have anything to do with them doing that and do not understand exactly why they did do it. I am working on that right now. Did they take the money out of your account or hold it or what?? I am in the light you are at this point. I will do anything and everything that I can to remidy this, I just have to work with them. Please understand and remember I am not doing this or am trying to screw you over.

what is your deal? are you actually trying to make me the bad guy here? yes i sold you 7-nos stickers, and a nos atc headlight in the bag, and also a brand new in the box 1986 honda atc 350x headlight switch. I did not think there was anything wrong with the stickers, you should have let me know. I would have made it right. bottom line is the $275.00 you sent me has been taken out of my account and has had a hold on it. paypal is calling it a reversal. I'm edited my original post if you would notice becuase I didnt want to come across like I did at first when I could not get ahold of you. so I removed the part about the police etc. the other postings were aimed more toward the other forum members who were basically telling me I was in the wrong and it must be my fault or something. I have no idea about any pilot guys or whatever that is all about. and the reason for no more pm's is that you said in the last pm that you had e-mailed paypal and were waiting to hear back from them. I have not posted anything that is not the truth, and the ball is in your court.

TimSr
01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
This should not be so hard to understand, but let me help translate. "Hold" means they have simply frozen the funds. They have not removed the funds from the account yet. They are investigating right now. When they close their investigation, the funds will eaither be "unfrozen" or removed. They are not going to pull the funds out, pay off any claims, or anything else until their investigation is complete. Every time somebody pays me with an echeck through paypal, there is a hold on it until it clears. The funds are not available, and do not show up in my total balance. They are listed as "pending." They stay that way until paypal determines teh funds are good.
Im not involved in any of these transactions, and dont know this guy but the fact that paypal is investigating is not a determination of guilt. I think people are jumping the gun here by convicting him just because he is being investigated. When you are investigated for murder, the execution normal comes AFTER a conviction. I can say this. Thieves normally dont hang around and defend themselves once theyve been called on it. There is nothing keeping this guy from logging off and disappearing right now. He seems to be trying to make contact, and has posted his email.
I suggest everyone reserve their verdict until after paypal has made theirs. I also suggest that if you do not have a transaction pending with this person, that you BUTT OUT. If your uncle's brother in law is owed something, let THEM handle their affairs first hand, not through 2 or 3 in betweens. Give them the email he has posted. If email wont do it, send him a PM, and request a phone number and talk directly and Id suggest Rangerover make his number available via PM or email. Solid contact removes a lot of fear of the unknown. I would understand if you did not wish to post your number on a public forum, but giving it out privately to those with cases pending would be reasonable.

01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
This should not be so hard to understand, but let me help translate. "Hold" means they have simply frozen the funds. They have not removed the funds from the account yet. They are investigating right now. When they close their investigation, the funds will eaither be "unfrozen" or removed. They are not going to pull the funds out, pay off any claims, or anything else until their investigation is complete. Every time somebody pays me with an echeck through paypal, there is a hold on it until it clears. The funds are not available, and do not show up in my total balance. They are listed as "pending." They stay that way until paypal determines teh funds are good.
Im not involved in any of these transactions, and dont know this guy but the fact that paypal is investigating is not a determination of guilt. I think people are jumping the gun here by convicting him just because he is being investigated. When you are investigated for murder, the execution normal comes AFTER a conviction. I can say this. Thieves normally dont hang around and defend themselves once theyve been called on it. There is nothing keeping this guy from logging off and disappearing right now. He seems to be trying to make contact, and has posted his email.
I suggest everyone reserve their verdict until after paypal has made theirs. I also suggest that if you do not have a transaction pending with this person, that you BUTT OUT. If your uncle's brother in law is owed something, let THEM handle their affairs first hand, not through 2 or 3 in betweens. Give them the email he has posted. If email wont do it, send him a PM, and request a phone number and talk directly and Id suggest Rangerover make his number available via PM or email. Solid contact removes a lot of fear of the unknown. I would understand if you did not wish to post your number on a public forum, but giving it out privately to those with cases pending would be reasonable.

I have done nothing wrong and if there is a problem I will fix it I am not hiding.

Adam Coover 440-864-4766 give me a call if I do not answer which will probably happen with work etc right now leave a message and I will call ya back promise.

newramman02
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
look rangerover, I pm'd you. I'm not trying to threaten you. here is what happened in a nutshell: you sent me $275.00 november 29th 2005 for some parts. I mailed you the parts november 30th 2005. January 8th 2006 I get an e-mail from paypal about potentially unauthorized funds from a payment I received from you november 29th 2005 so paypal withdrew $275.00 from my account and put a hold on it. when I check my account id says the payment from you has been reversed, and a hold placed on the funds. instead of taking the $275.00 out of your account and holding it, they took it out of my account and are holding it. if for some reason they find any kind of problem, they will not put that money back into my account I will lose it. this is why I am so upset. put yourself in my shoes, you sold some parts, you send the parts, long after the deal is over and done they take the money back from you and there is nothing you can do about it.

01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
WTF WTF WTF, if I place a withdrawl hold or what the F*(( ever it would say something about a costomer service investigation compaint etc or something like that not I place a complaint and they send you a investigation of funds notice.
If they pull it completely for sure and I see it and it is not some dam scam or something, I will send you a check. My word of honor hands on my heart.

TimSr
01-10-2006, 09:15 PM
newram - Then funds have NOT been taken from your account. They are sitting there FROZEN. They are frozen so that this mess does not get complicated any further by YOU using them or sending them to someone else, who would also get the same hold notice. The funds HAVE BEEN taken out of ranerovers account and been frozen in YOURS. My suggestion, again, is to wait until Paypal sends you a notice and tells the funds ARE bad, or ARE NOT bad. They are investigating because THEY DONT KNOW EITHER.

newramman02
01-10-2006, 09:22 PM
thats fine, I am willing to wait on paypal. this is not a scam. I'm just worried about being scammed myself. I will not post anymore on this thread until I get word from paypal either way I POST THE RESULTS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. and if it the money goes back into my account, I will post a public apology to you. If anything good comes from this mess maybe it will forever erase any doubts one way or the other about you rangerover (LOL)

Orangecnty250r
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
newram - Then funds have NOT been taken from your account. They are sitting there FROZEN. They are frozen so that this mess does not get complicated any further by YOU using them or sending them to someone else, who would also get the same hold notice. The funds HAVE BEEN taken out of ranerovers account and been frozen in YOURS. My suggestion, again, is to wait until Paypal sends you a notice and tells the funds ARE bad, or ARE NOT bad. They are investigating because THEY DONT KNOW EITHER.

Once again I'm coming in saying (MY CONCERNS arent with this deal and rangerover as I am speaking to him tonight on potential deals)

Its paypal in general...Tim Sr you are making it clear that the funds are only "frozen" but you are also making it clear that paypal can POSSIBLY take funds back. All I am saying is this concerns me as a seller...I can potentially be out my part and money. This is something I was never aware of while accepting payapl payments off ebay. Even if they potentially unfreeze the funds anyone's cage would be rattled if their money was frozen on any deal.

01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Ok, well now that must are calm. I would like to talk about he general problems with Ebay and Paypal that are very true.

One, for buyers out there think about this. As my account was closed earlier, any deals I had pending people got Emails stating disregard the deal it is no longer due to me being suspended. Not esact words but what it means is that they no longer support the deal and have erased it from all ebay. Well that is fine and good in some ways, ya now you can nolong er put the item number into paypal and pay for it becaue it will tell you no I am no longer registered and the deal is not represented on just with Ebay. Good, well what about the other people who bought something and bought with a check money order and it is in the mail?? Well they goto contact me wheres my parts they can't unless they're smart because the link in ebay says i am no longer a registered user cannot contact this member. So now this poor guy is out his money and can't get ahold of me, and I have no idea what this money order is I just got because it is for X dollars and has a shipping address. All of my knowledge is now erased from ebay and I cannot view anything I have ever sold or bought or was in transit.

TimSr
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Orange, you are right in that there are no absolite protections, and paypal does not guarentee all, but its got better protection than other forms of payment. If you accept credit cards througha merchant account, and take a stolen one, and ship merchandise, you will lose it all. If you accept a check that bounces, or a money order that is bogus, you lose it all. Of the possible forms of payment, paypal is the only one that will immediately freeze all funds in question so that money can be returned if its still there. Yes, often somebody only gets partial funds back, because that is all the remained when the account was frozen, but when was the last time your bank said "the $100 check bounced but we are givng you the $40 that was still in the account"?
Every possible way of doing business has a scam to go with it and work against it. You have to use good judgement based on overall repuataions, and use payment methods that give some confidence to both the buyer and the seller. Ultimately, You cant count on paypal, your bank, or your credit card company, and there will always be some risk, even when deaing with cash and in person. You cant eliminate fraud, you can only minimize the risk.

01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
thus a good guy gone bad by ebay thats me did nothing was honest and etc you wanna be mad at somebody look at this. Build the feedback a tad a blam scamin to the max

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...alisher71&item

phreakboy
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Well esentially that is what I was trying to say about paypal, I use them myself but they can screw you very easily and if you have never been there, check out this site, there is tons and tons of horror stories about problems with paypal.

http://paypalsucks.com/

3tigers
01-10-2006, 11:12 PM
hey rangerover,his name is mike and he is from windsor locks (poquonock),ct.i have passed on your email address to him so hopefully he will get in touch with you about it.

hoser
01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
So has all of this been resolved and everybody is happy, you get your ebay account running again?

newramman02
01-16-2006, 10:13 AM
no it has not been resolved. paypal is still holding the $275.00 From Rangerover. I am waiting until tuesday to see what paypal will do. I will let everyone know.

01-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I finally get word from paypal last night. I called this number they told me to. They said that their are a few people who didn't get items, which I had to submit tracking numbers and I have to do a refund to one guy for some reason. The reason that they are holding money including mine is because somebody else had paid with a fake bank account stolen credit card etc. Nothing anybody can do about it, good old paypal for ya. So if they are stolen etc the money get pulled from my account and from anybody that I paid with it. You can definately tell the same people run this as they do ebay. One thing I can do is send them a money order for the ammount of 2355 and that will clear my account completely. Meaning that who ever it is that they will not tell me who has bought that much in items from me over who knows what period they won't tell ya when who or why. But if I put that much of my own money in there then that will cover the people with holds etc on there funds and worrie about it myself with their investigation. I am going to do this tomarrow because I can't today becuase of the holiday. If anything else happens or they take it in the mean time you will get it back when the money order gets there. I am going to overnight it tomarrow and they said two days to clear after that.

chris200x
01-16-2006, 01:54 PM
If 275 dollars is your idea of (one high priced item) for me to disappear you need to definately think again. I had over 50,000 worth of deals trikes quards and parts ran through paypal last month. So no this would be the big one for my conartist self to bail on. LOL come on!!!!!!! By the way I am unsure which parts I even bought from you, if it was the stickers etc, thanks alot of the stickers with the dried up glue on the back that did me absolutey no good. Not saying that was you becasue name are different on here etc, but if it was you never heard me cry about the useless parts I got .

I think you have me confused with someone else. I have no alias (sp?) Anyway, This is what happens when you deal with strangers over the internet. I've seen it a couple times since I've been on these boards. I was just telling folks to be cautious thats all. Personally I've only done business with a few people here on the boards and all transactions have gone smoothly. ;) :beer

hoser
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I finally get word from paypal last night. I called this number they told me to. They said that their are a few people who didn't get items, which I had to submit tracking numbers and I have to do a refund to one guy for some reason. The reason that they are holding money including mine is because somebody else had paid with a fake bank account stolen credit card etc. Nothing anybody can do about it, good old paypal for ya. So if they are stolen etc the money get pulled from my account and from anybody that I paid with it. You can definately tell the same people run this as they do ebay. One thing I can do is send them a money order for the ammount of 2355 and that will clear my account completely. Meaning that who ever it is that they will not tell me who has bought that much in items from me over who knows what period they won't tell ya when who or why. But if I put that much of my own money in there then that will cover the people with holds etc on there funds and worrie about it myself with their investigation. I am going to do this tomarrow because I can't today becuase of the holiday. If anything else happens or they take it in the mean time you will get it back when the money order gets there. I am going to overnight it tomarrow and they said two days to clear after that.

Thanks for the update, you ever find out what happen to your ebay account and have you had it restored??

mudbogger
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Please dont take this the wrong way-I am in no way, shape,or form taking either side here but----- if you indeed did $50,000 dollars worth of Bis on Ebay in 1 month(as I took from your posting here-please correct me if I am wrong) wouldn't it be just easier to avoid all this defamation on your character and just re-issue the payment of 275.00 bucks????? I mean if you indeed did have that much bis on Ebay a $275.00 dollar return payment isnt gonna kill ya is it?I would assume with all that stock of the hard to get OEM and NOS Honda parts-your reputation (IMO) IS TAKING A MAJOR hit here-you may potentially have a hard time selling in future(which I do not hope happens to you, honestly I don't), mabye I'm out of line here and if I am please just say so, but a refund of 275.00 would just solve the whole issue and you wouldnt be taking such a hit on your character-as it stands presently the issues with newman arent solved to date, your Ebay account is suspended (I would think also by now you would have resolved those issues if youre doing that much bis there, Ebay usually will get your account back up and running ASAP,IF YOU WERE HACKED into by the Pilot guys I would recommend sending each of them a letter from your lawyer,internet fraud is a major issue these days and your income/bis is virtually wrecked presently I assume)and your Paypal account also has issues as well-thats not good for selling that stock of parts that you have thousands of dollars invested into-As I stated earlier, I have no vested interest in this at, just my 2 cents to help both parties get the issue resloved.

01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Please dont take this the wrong way-I am in no way, shape,or form taking either side here but----- if you indeed did $50,000 dollars worth of Bis on Ebay in 1 month(as I took from your posting here-please correct me if I am wrong) wouldn't it be just easier to avoid all this defamation on your character and just re-issue the payment of 275.00 bucks????? I mean if you indeed did have that much bis on Ebay a $275.00 dollar return payment isnt gonna kill ya is it?I would assume with all that stock of the hard to get OEM and NOS Honda parts-your reputation (IMO) IS TAKING A MAJOR hit here-you may potentially have a hard time selling in future(which I do not hope happens to you, honestly I don't), mabye I'm out of line here and if I am please just say so, but a refund of 275.00 would just solve the whole issue and you wouldnt be taking such a hit on your character-as it stands presently the issues with newman arent solved to date, your Ebay account is suspended (I would think also by now you would have resolved those issues if youre doing that much bis there, Ebay usually will get your account back up and running ASAP,IF YOU WERE HACKED into by the Pilot guys I would recommend sending each of them a letter from your lawyer,internet fraud is a major issue these days and your income/bis is virtually wrecked presently I assume)and your Paypal account also has issues as well-thats not good for selling that stock of parts that you have thousands of dollars invested into-As I stated earlier, I have no vested interest in this at, just my 2 cents to help both parties get the issue resloved.

I sent a money order today because I couldn't yesterday over night to paypal's p.o. box they had me send it to. I sent 2156 or something like that. That is to cover the fraudulent guys wrong doings to me with what he paid for to me with. I do not have to do that and they will take care of him in the end, I just did that so everybody that got their money pulled from this will get it back. They will get it Wednes day and they say that their holding is 2 days on money orders so everybody should have their money back by Friday. You can hack my character all you want, doesn't bother me. I didn't have to send that in thats me covering somebody elses wrong doings to help people that I have dealt with out. I got my account closed because of a group of guys, not technically hacked into but alot of them creating fake account hitting buy it nows leaving bad feedback and accusations all at once as they planned. Follow me yet?? I made right with everybody I dealt with. So for me to be a puch off I think I am doing alittle to much work just to be a scammer. I know what happend, I know my character. I know that people on Ebay will always be jealous and pissed off at me and try to get me off because they pawn on everybody paying ridiculous amounts for say 350x tank shrouds for 100 dollars plus. They make alot of money banging people like that, but whta do they do when all of a sudden they are on there for the buy it now of 55, well shuts them right down. They do not like that and will always try to cut that person out by making them look bad in someways shape or form or by doing something slimy to get them a bad name etc. I tell you this much, I am so sick of all this piddly arguing. If I were out to burn somebody I would have done it. What in the world are you thinking that by paypal investigating somebody going around and sending fake money to people and them pulling it has anything to do with me. I had no idea, and further more I put my own money out there to help expediate it. If that causes deformation of character to you, I am very sorry and will bow my head.

01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Another thing, why is nobody worried about the people stealing pictures and account on ebay and selling trikes and atcs and ripping people for thousands. Then they just disappear, that what I would be more concerned with there character!!

hoser
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the update rangerover I dont know the whole deal but it sounds like your doing more than someone could expect you to do, I hope you get everything back in order soon and ebay and or paypal catches up to the mutts that affected your account and auctions, is their any chance they will catch them I would think ebay and paypal has some pretty good server logs so they can trace them down.

You expect to get your ebay account turned back on anytime soon?

01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Highly doubt they are gonna let me back on with that name anytime soon. I may have some friends put some stuff on for me in the mean time.

mudbogger
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Good work Rangerover, you did the right thing-I hope you get everything worked out and sell your items back again on Ebay or wherever you decide to go-hopefully you wont go back to the Pilot page you had so much trouble with,good luck to you in the future-Mud.:)

82300R
01-17-2006, 10:41 PM
after re reading all these posts and the fact that you seem to be trying to correct all of these problems, an have not just went away. i have been thinking that my earlier thoughts on you and your buiesiness dealings have probably been wrong. despite words between you and myself in another thread that were childish and pretty stupid. i hope can be put in the past. i have to hand it to you sticking around with all the abuse. in my opinion a con artist would have skipped out by now. i hope i am right. in my opinion you should not advertise the things you are selling outside of e bay. untill all these issues settle down. i can recognize your stuff and i'm sure others can also. i will purchase from you when you have the right thing listed. i hope that will confirm my thoughts on this. in the mean time i wish you the best of luck in your dealings.

01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
after re reading all these posts and the fact that you seem to be trying to correct all of these problems, an have not just went away. i have been thinking that my earlier thoughts on you and your buiesiness dealings have probably been wrong. despite words between you and myself in another thread that were childish and pretty stupid. i hope can be put in the past. i have to hand it to you sticking around with all the abuse. in my opinion a con artist would have skipped out by now. i hope i am right. in my opinion you should not advertise the things you are selling outside of e bay. untill all these issues settle down. i can recognize your stuff and i'm sure others can also. i will purchase from you when you have the right thing listed. i hope that will confirm my thoughts on this. in the mean time i wish you the best of luck in your dealings.

Wel thanks for that. Better man than most.. How can you recognise my stuff, what did you mean by that. the stuff I would advertise off ebay would be on here under my name so > help me out with what you meant please.

82300R
01-17-2006, 11:01 PM
what i'm saying is when you re establish your self on e bay do not adverstise that stuff elsewhere to open yourself up to the people who have cauused you problems in the past. for example i would not come on here and say i'm now selling as so and so on ebay. may help.i don't know. hope this explains my self better.

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Well esentially that is what I was trying to say about paypal, I use them myself but they can screw you very easily and if you have never been there, check out this site, there is tons and tons of horror stories about problems with paypal.

http://paypalsucks.com/

Hey Phreak, damn good site. They do not just sit around and *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. It looks as though that site really tries to help us. I to have been screwed by Paypal so it is nice to see there is some place I can go to get help.

traxxasx
01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
wow after all that i say F*** ebay and F*** paypal, i wont be doing any buiness with them ahahahaha.

phreakboy
01-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey Phreak, damn good site. They do not just sit around and *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. It looks as though that site really tries to help us. I to have been screwed by Paypal so it is nice to see there is some place I can go to get help.

Yea it is really a damn shame that this company can get away with screwing so many people and just get away with it, but it is great that their are people that dont just roll over and take it, as I said I have had and seen my fair share of problems with paypal and all I can do is just be as super careful as I can and try not to let them screw me again, I keep a very very low amount in my paypal account at all times so if they decide to screw me again it wont hurt so bad.

Billy Golightly
01-18-2006, 01:50 PM
This scares me. There is a decent amount of money in the 3WW paypal account right now we use to pay for webhosting, forum updates, forum skins, t-shirt designs, ect. I dont know if I like the thought of it sitting in there anymore. Hmmm

seadoo650
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Everytime I get paid for stuff I sold I yank the money out of paypal A.S.A.P.
I don't trust any accounts with my money if I can't walk up and get it from a human.

LonesomeTriZ
01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Everytime I get paid for stuff I sold I yank the money out of paypal A.S.A.P.
I don't trust any accounts with my money if I can't walk up and get it from a human.

That is the best thing to do. I wish I could do away with Paypal all together. but too damn many people want to use it.

Dammit!
01-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Browsing that site just a little it said somewhere they can not only empty out your paypal account, but the bank account it's connected with! WTF is that right? Seems like that would get them sued into oblivion...

ATC90UK
01-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Browsing that site just a little it said somewhere they can not only empty out your paypal account, but the bank account it's connected with! WTF is that right? Seems like that would get them sued into oblivion...

It wouldnt get them sued, as when you sign up for paypal sellers account, its in the small print that no-one reads!

Thats why yanking the money straight away doesnt work either, as months down the line they'll just deduct whatever amount straight from the bank account details you provided to register with (again, its in the small print)

For those reasons i only accept cash, postal orders, stamps or cheques - in that order of preference for my ebay auctions. Sure, you get people emailing and saying why dont you use paypal?, my answer - i dont want to, its my stuff that im selling, if you want it you purchase it on my terms or dont bother. Sometimes people dont bother, but they could be just the scammers - i dont know, or even care as by every other means of payment i get the money in my hand before the item gets sent - its the only way!

xd 200x
01-20-2006, 09:55 AM
I just took my bank account off my paypal account. thanks

Dammit!
01-20-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm going to set up a 2nd free checking account with my bank today to use with paypal. That way I can just keep the paypal account and the checking account it's associated with empty and simply transfer funds when needed. I don't think there's anything they can do that way.

ScottZJ
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm going to set up a 2nd free checking account with my bank today to use with paypal. That way I can just keep the paypal account and the checking account it's associated with empty and simply transfer funds when needed. I don't think there's anything they can do that way.

Actually thats an outstanding idea. There is only one flaw with that, when setting up a bank account, there has to show activity for them to approve the addition of the account. So put some money in it and write a few checks or use the debit card a few times and then create the paypal account with that bank account.

LonesomeTriZ
01-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Has any body here used Bidpay? I think they are a whole lot better. it is easier and you are less likely to get screwed.

Howdy
01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually thats an outstanding idea. There is only one flaw with that, when setting up a bank account, there has to show activity for them to approve the addition of the account. So put some money in it and write a few checks or use the debit card a few times and then create the paypal account with that bank account.

Actually you don't. I know when I set up the 3WW account I simply took and opened up a savings account with the 3WW funds I had at the time ( Not much, and it's still that way. lol ). I waited 24 hours and then connected it with Paypal. It took me a total of 3-4 days to have the accounts up and working flawlessly.

Has any body here used Bidpay? I think they are a whole lot better. it is easier and you are less likely to get screwed.
Isn't this where they send the seller a M/O? If so then I have recieved payment this way. It Only took them ( BidPay ) 2 weeks to get the M/O to me. The M/O was dated 2 days before I recieved it. The kicker was the guy only lived 3 hours away. I just about could have walked over and got payment faster. :rolleyes: Maybe they have gotten better since then.
Howdy

BLAZERONE22
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm going to do the same today. good tip...

LonesomeTriZ
01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
When I first started using it, it was very slow. But since then their service has improved.

newramman02
01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello, everyone just wanted to do an update on the problem. paypal is still holding the money, I have talked to them and they said to wait at least anther week. so I might know something at the end of this week or the first of next week.

newramman02
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Update!! see my new post on the open forums page to read the happy ending to this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82300R
02-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Update!! see my new post on the open forums page to read the happy ending to this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
glad everything worked out for you. sometimes these situations can be very frustraiting. i know my thoughts on rangerover were totaly wrong. i hope everything starts smoothing out for him. at least he is out there trying to work things out. thats more than i can say about some one else on here who neglects their responsibilities then attacks the paying buyer when he is called out.