PDA

View Full Version : quick Q on paintball gun

traxxasx
01-12-2006, 08:48 AM
yes i know you paintball guys are on here. i was just wondering is the "bolt" supossed to be scored on top after some use? im refering to the manual says its called a bolt the bolt that moves back when you cock the gun. You can see it when you look in the hopper hole. is the top side supossed to get scored as in it used to be black and looks like wear and rubbing so now its starting to turn crome? here are some pics, sorry for t he poor quality but its a webcam.

Banage
01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
thats the pice that hits the ball to make it fire right? If so mine has a little o ring on it so I would say, not normal.

traxxasx
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
yea it is, and mine do have o rings but it scored...

HELLONWHEELS
01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Me and my buddys all got guns and there all like that maybe not as bad but i'de say its normale wear and tear if the guns aged...

traxxasx
01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Me and my buddys all got guns and there all like that maybe not as bad but i'de say its normale wear and tear if the guns aged...

i say i used it about......3 times

ATCWRENCH
01-12-2006, 04:31 PM
how often do you oil your gun? a none oiled gun will wear faster than an oiled one. I oil mine after every game day and mine has the same style marks, not as shiney but same style marks.

HELLONWHEELS
01-12-2006, 04:34 PM
we'll if your worried about it just bring that piece to a paintball shop they'll tell you straight up. A nother thing is check your gun housing(the gun it self)and see if theres any gouges or anything cause it could be rubbing on the wall or the feeder neck..

BigGreenMachine
01-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Wear and tear. Brand new gun? If not I'd look into replacing the O-rings. If you can get one I'd recommend a Delrin bolt without the o-rings and the material its made of won't damage your internals.

ATC crazy
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Make sure to check the O-rings and re-oil afer each game.

My Tippmann 98C had almost no visible wear marks...even after 3 years of constant use.

traxxasx
01-12-2006, 07:23 PM
i oil it after every co2 tank. it brand new. probably shot like 600 paintballs. i was just wondering. thanks guys

bassman
01-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Is it a Spyder? 90% of all bolts from spyders and spyder clones do that. They seem to blow through lube like no other. Unless it's mind blowingly scored, you won't notice a performance change.

200xcellent
01-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Make sure to check the O-rings and re-oil afer each game.

My Tippmann 98C had almost no visible wear marks...even after 3 years of constant use.

Thats because Tippmann 98's rule!!! But I sold mine:cry: .

traxxasx
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
no lol its not a spyder i heard that spyders do it. its a cheap, but pretty good gun.

DeePa
01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
its a spyder clone...is it out of round because of the wear or is the anno just worn off?

bigb9582
01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
ive owned a viewloader triton, 2 spiders, and my current piranha. and they have all done that. and they were all well oiled and never lost performace from it. i allways figured it was the gun getting broke in from never been used. my piranha even scored the oring on it so i replaced and never had another get scored. and it still shoots over 300fps.

edit heres my piranha one.

traxxasx
01-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks bigb9582 thats the kind of response i was looking for. if it was ganna hurt anything. well thats all and thanks for all the replys guys.

HELLONWHEELS
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Im with the guy that says 98's rule..Mines never let me down..........Besides from that one time it was in the shop for almost 2 months,,but thats a story for another day.

bigb9582
01-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks bigb9582 thats the kind of response i was looking for. if it was ganna hurt anything. well thats all and thanks for all the replys guys.

no prob. just keep a eye on the orings and keep it lubed and youll be good to go.

do you tear it down and clean it after every use? if not you should do that to keep dirt and paintball goo/shells from building up wearing out orings and stuff. even if it is a cheap gun it can be very reliable. hell my first gun was a veiwloader triton, paid $50.00 at walmart, used it for two years (with scratchs on the bolt) and never had one problem. gave it to a kid that was trying to get into paintball and he used it for the longest time before buying his own. sorry for rambling.
btw i just came from my buddys house and i was looking at his spyder and it was scratched to. so i think its normal.

traxxasx
01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
no prob. just keep a eye on the orings and keep it lubed and youll be good to go.

do you tear it down and clean it after every use? if not you should do that to keep dirt and paintball goo/shells from building up wearing out orings and stuff. even if it is a cheap gun it can be very reliable. hell my first gun was a veiwloader triton, paid $50.00 at walmart, used it for two years (with scratchs on the bolt) and never had one problem. gave it to a kid that was trying to get into paintball and he used it for the longest time before buying his own. sorry for rambling.
btw i just came from my buddys house and i was looking at his spyder and it was scratched to. so i think its normal.

lol yea im just getting into paintballing, so i bought a 71$ viewloader "lancer" lol at walmart until i get more money, i mean its hella powerfull and hurts like hell. i actually take this gun apart all the way till it just in peices and lube everything, even after i just did it i do it again cause im boerd, and this gun is so simple its funny. im not trying to get into the real pro team games but just to have fun with my freinds, and go to the arena everyonce inawhile. so this gun is cool with me. did you ever find a performance barrel for it?

bigb9582
01-14-2006, 01:46 AM
check you pm's

NOS_350X
01-14-2006, 03:41 AM
Dont even mess with those beginner guns i gota 04 Vision shocker with tank 68 3000 and Halo B For sale. Youll never have to buy anther gun. I bought it and quit playing in the tournyes. Its just too much for the way i play now. Its awesome if you wana get into some the High end side of paintball.

And by the way, the wear on the bolt is common, no worries about it.

ATC crazy
01-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats because Tippmann 98's rule!!! But I sold mine:cry: .

You got that right! I had the sniper setup on mine. Remote reservoir tank, and Flatline Barrel system. I could stand out in the open and hit the other players, while their balls were rolling at my feet. :lol:

nouseforaname90
01-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I love 98's.. I have a 98 and my friend has an A-5.. both with response triggers and Flatlines and we both do these little "Special Forces" kind of deal when we're on the same team.. we just leave our team go out on our own. We usually do pretty good.. there have been times where we have just got caught off guard and got out, and that sucks. Actually.. one time we took out the whole other team by ourselves. That was FUN, but its never going to happen again. That was just luck, I say.

Anyway! lol. If its a brand new gun, no it should not look like that. But because it is a Spyder clone and uses the same bolt-design as Spyders, then I will say that it is normal. Cheap guns like that just wear out alot faster than a good gun like a Tippy or Shocker or Impulse.

traxxasx
01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
yea. probably for my birthday ima get a ion or a 98 custom.

HELLONWHEELS
01-14-2006, 09:41 PM
i just painted my 98c blue..I know what your thinking but it actualy dosent look too bad

HELLONWHEELS
01-14-2006, 09:45 PM
If i were you i'de get a diablo mongoose 2 with eyes over the ion. There a bit cheeper and a Bit faster and more accurate and look better but there not as costumisable.

Rm250RF900R
01-14-2006, 09:50 PM
ahh paintballing. Good times. I remember my friend snuck up behind me with his automatic trigger spyder shutter and nailed me in the leg 7 times. Ouch lol. Made me bleed. But yeah like the others said. I wouldnt worry to much about it. My spider aggressor was the same. I wish I didnt get rid of that gun. But being only 15 at the time I didnt have the money. I would blow through easily $40 in a couple hours playing with my friends. Not worth the money.