PDA

View Full Version : Deal and a Half on my new toy

350xsx
01-13-2006, 10:25 PM
checkout my new 2002 Raptor, +2 a-arms, wheel spacers, cam, supertrapp pipe, edelbrock carbs, GYT-R hood and skidplates, some other things, NOT STOLEN, for $1, 000 :beer
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/350xsx/Jan12184.jpg

Bigred200
01-13-2006, 10:57 PM
The person you bought it from didnt steal it but you did......lol

zeus8807
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
only one problem i can see..its a raptor:lol:

BLAZERONE22
01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Why so cheap? Raptors are a fun quad, a little longer swingarm and that quad rocks.

350xsx
01-16-2006, 06:43 AM
yah...... im orderin +3 +1 a arms, a adjustable +2/+4 axle, long travel shocks, +2 or +1.25 if i can find a good one for a raptor swingarm,lower Elka linkage, and all that great stuff by the end of the month....so it should be awfully fun for summer

-zeuss, i used to say that too, but once you have one, and you get to ride it like its hould be ridden, and find all the cool lil doohickeys they got with em , you realize there nice bikes, i still call it a pos craptor but it is a lot nicer than i thought itd be.......and theres a big difference between a stock raptor and even mine now, its a lot less tippy when its jus that lil bit wider, and once iget all that stuff itll be a fun lil, well big, 4-poke for sure, and boy do they have some nice torque to em :)

zeus8807
01-16-2006, 11:45 PM
-zeuss, i used to say that too, but once you have one, and you get to ride it like its hould be ridden, and find all the cool lil doohickeys they got with em , you realize there nice bikes, i still call it a pos craptor but it is a lot nicer than i thought itd be.......and theres a big difference between a stock raptor and even mine now, its a lot less tippy when its jus that lil bit wider, and once iget all that stuff itll be a fun lil, well big, 4-poke for sure, and boy do they have some nice torque to em :)

haha i know man im just messing with you:lol: , i have a 660 that i keep out here for a friend, they are nice quads especially once you change up the suspension on them, the new 700's are amazing improvment from the 660, once you set the 660's up to handle their own power their amazing atv's.

cragster
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
how the hell you get that for a grand????

350xsx
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
lets just say i got connections..... lol, nah, some kid was sellin it and he was originally askin 3800, and when i found out about it he had to have it sold in 2 days to buy a Blazer on 44s, and i was like well ill see what i can do......so bein ,he was best friends with my best friend, hes like come down with a grand and its yours, so i called my dad up had em stop at the bank on his way home from work and get a thousnd outta my savings bonds fr me, and went down there that night and bought it :) its all aboutknowin the right people and havin money(usually in your pocket) but available within an hours notice to get deals on anything.....you never know what youll run across....wel to say the least im a happy camper, i hat raptors, but set up p right they can be awesome machines....i like my 2 smokes tho, so it may be forsale/trade next summer

sp1tekiller
01-18-2006, 09:15 PM
DAMN, that is one hell of a deal.

ATC crazy
01-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice steal!!

Ditch those wheel spacers though. They are hard on bearings and put extra leverage on your axle which could cause it to snap easier (if you are going to jump it)

200xcellent
01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Great deal on your new bike. Like you I recognize how good raptors are for their purpose, without hypeing them up to be king like some other people (just look at the this vs. that forum). Before getting +3 +1 a-arms I would check into it further, an article in Dirt Wheels on the iShock for a 400ex said that the only quad iShock has found that actually benefits from +1 forward arms is the Banshee I think. What kind of set up are you goin for with this bike?

G-MAN-1
01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
who bottles those 5 gallon bottles i see in the background of the pick????????????????????????????????????? the company?

350xsx
01-26-2006, 10:45 PM
when i first looked at it i thought you where talkin bout the big wooden whiskey barrels, but there not in that pic, and i figured out you where talkin bout the water bottles, ill have to check on the company but they bottle it and drop it off every month(?) and pick up the empty containers.....

The benfit in the +1 isnt in the suspension travel its the fact that it makes it longer, and the shocks are Custom Axis socks and they build em for your speecs, instead of using a shock for a +3 a arm they tailor it for a +3+1 a arm so the shocks more beneficial than if you just used the shocks for +3......
thats all that iShock found because they use the same shocks for the +1 forward as they do for the +0 forward
I am getting rid of the wheel spacers, that was the whole idea of the +4 axle ;)

350xsx
01-26-2006, 10:47 PM
the bikes going to be setup for all around, all out riding, mostly used for fast whooped trails and pits and freestyle jumps......
chassis work this winter
motor work this summer