PDA

View Full Version : 2006 TrikeFest set to be the largest yet!!

Derrick Adams
01-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I have a good feeling this years trikefest is going to set record attendance. Just browsing around on the boards we have tons of people planning on coming from all over the world.

To anyone that is considering coming, take my word for it, MAKE PLANS! You won't want to miss it.

There are more activities planned this year than ever before. Bigger awards, Bigger trikes, faster competition, more radical conversions, more prestine restores and originals are all slated to be in attendance.

I wonder how big Trike Fest can get? Last year we had around 200 people there and probably twice that amount of trikes. This year I fully expect to see 400+ participants in the largest 3 wheeler festival in the WORLD!

ScottZJ
01-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Well the tip of the iceberg would be if they closed haspin to just trikefest only for that weekend. Now that would have to be a huge attendence for them to do that, but boy would that be neat.

Kintore
01-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I cant wait to go, Strange thing Derrick. I was thinking the same thing the other day reading a post. This TF, Massive!:w00t:

Cant wait to go, Trikes Trikes and more Trikes!

Tri-ZNate
01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
There is alot of talk now but when the time comes many may not be able to make it. For example I may have my finals that week (unless we get some snow days)(Hi Jesus? I dont ask for much but if you could, would you make like 5 separate days of 12" snow? Oh and uh solve world hunger. Thanks) :lol:

either way it will be huge without a doubt. I cant wait to se how many come 5 years from now :TrikesOwn:

Meat-BoX
01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Im trying to go for sure but I have to get a Job next month. I will try to get that week off at the interview but it may not happen. Other than that I need a shop to get my Rides Ready. Both needs their ass ends off and a total swap on the Tecate and the new shock. The 200X is Rusted up from sitting it looks and needs the rear brakes rebuilt, tuned up and The Rear submerged in oil for a week:w00t: Then maybe I might even be able to take it apart and Redo the Rear End.
Alot to do to get to the fest and then life throws its curve balls sometimes.

I hope to see about 250 Trikes there, including my two:beer

350Xhilaration
01-16-2006, 12:59 PM
It should be a good time again. I can't see em closing haspin for us, but that would be cool.

I'll be there again, hopefully with better hauling/sleeping quarters. :Bounce

Less than 6 months away....:w00t:

thefox
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
It will take a lot to keep me away this year. This time I have the money saved up waiting for June! Trikefest #1 here I come!:Bounce :Bounce :w00t:

Dammit!
01-17-2006, 10:53 PM
How far is TF from Toledo, Ohio? As in how many hour drive. I'm hoping to visit my Family this June...

3Razors
01-18-2006, 01:27 AM
What is the closest airport to Haspin acres?

Yamahauler
01-18-2006, 02:32 AM
$637 round trip ticket for me to go at cheaptickets.com
I wont be there in '06, I have exams on that date, but '07 count me in, and I'll probably make the 15 hour drive and haul a couple trikes down there.
Kintore, how'd you get your trike across the border? What did you have to do?

3Razors
01-18-2006, 04:04 AM
I work for us airways airlines so I can fly free:) It is tempting to go for a day or 2!!

Derrick Adams
01-18-2006, 06:24 AM
About 3hrs to Toledo from Haspin.

Aussieduner
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
How far is TF from Toledo, Ohio? As in how many hour drive. I'm hoping to visit my Family this June...

I hope you make it Doug im trying to organise the huge trip myself and would like to meet up !

Aussie

Billy Golightly
01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Indianapolis is probably the closest major airport. I think that where Hagen flew in at last year.

Yamahondaman
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey Billy... Have you Heard from Hagan Lately ? .. will he be there in June Again ? I'm 110% sure i'll be there with MUCH "Bling" to Hopefully help out for the Trip To Oregon right after Haspin ....16 hrs and 975 miles from here in Palmghetto then like 2400-3000 miles to the west coast ....

Howdy
01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey Billy... Have you Heard from Hagan Lately ? .. will he be there in June Again ? I'm 110% sure i'll be there with MUCH "Bling" to Hopefully help out for the Trip To Oregon right after Haspin ....16 hrs and 975 miles from here in Palmghetto then like 2400-3000 miles to the west coast ....

Hagen called me a couple weeks ago. He is busier than Ebay with a free listing month. He told me HE WILL BE THERE for TF06.
Howdy

3Razors
01-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Well I checked into it and the closest airports are Indianapolis and Cincinati. Its a 1.5 hour drive from Indianapolis and 1 hour drive from Cincinati to haspin acres, so either is easily doable:)

My bro and I are going to fly to Indianapolis and rent a car for a couple days and come on down!! I cant wait!!

ScottZJ
01-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey if anyone would like to Fly to memphis TN area, they could ride with me there. hehehe

90nut
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
#razors, you going to bring anything or just hang out?

3Razors
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Ill ride with ya Scott! TN sounds cool.

I wish I was able to bring a bike or two. No chance though of that happening with the flight! Is there a rental place near by that rents gasp! "quads"? LOL

jeswinehart
01-18-2006, 10:46 PM
If you are a responsable sorts ,,,, there has never been a shortage of trikes too ride at the trike fest meets.

john

Tri-ZNate
01-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Is there anyone in Pa or passing through that might have some extra room for me and the SX? I can drive to meet you guys but since I dont have the correct license (which doesnt bother me anyways) I cant drive outta state. Anyone?

kb200x
01-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey scottzj do you have to come through the great state of KY? Can i catch a ride? Just kidding unless you have a hugh trailer. LOL :beer

BIG*E*22188
01-19-2006, 05:38 PM
hey i CANT wait to go will be my first year but i was wondering im comming from NY i already have the 14hr directions ready but aside from how much it wwill cost to stay there (ground fees and what not) how much $ should i bring because im ill only be 18 and i do have a job buts its still hard to save up im hoping to have a my banshee there and a R by then ...how much $ do i need ????? lol

MIK6
01-19-2006, 06:09 PM
3Razors... I will have my T3, the P3 scrambler, my Prairie700 and a TF06 toy w/ me this year. If I have room I will have the 350X w/ me as well. I know Hagen and Ralphy (from germany) take turns on what ever is around, But I am sure we can put you on a few different ATVs as TF goes. I have been known to hide my keys on myself after a few, so I won't be on them at times LOL.
Kintore and his dad took the Prairie for a good ride last year, they even kept it on all 4 LOL. Holic roosted all over the park in the mud w/ it, I kept getting flipped off when I got back on it LOL. I know it was turned over a few times by a few people durring the weekend but no damage, its just a quad anyways LOL.

LOOK FOR THE LIME GREEN
MIK6 / Mike

ScottZJ
01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey scottzj do you have to come through the great state of KY? Can i catch a ride? Just kidding unless you have a hugh trailer. LOL :beer

Actually I have a 26' Enclosed trailer that will be making the trip. So It has quite a big of room. Just not sure how many plan on going with me right now. So far it might be 86waterpumper and thats it....but thats not 100% cuz he likes to leave late and I like to leave wed night lol drive all night and get there in the AM and wake everyone up. Keep me in mind and I might be able to meet up with you. I will be taking 2-3 big reds, 250sx, 110, 350x and maybe a 250r...not sure.

3leggeddog
01-19-2006, 06:43 PM
3 razors,i too will have a couple bikes there so don't sweat it.we'll find some thing for you to ride.

kb200x
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
scottzj i was only kidding ya. I'll probably have a 350x 250r and the 110 maybe the 200x if its back from the dead by then but hell im all for a convoy :beer

Old 179
01-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey kb 200x,
Had you forgotten your friend across the river? I'll be loading for that trip also!
I'll have to make sure my son doesn't play ball the night before we are to leave.
"05" he played a game over in Baskett and injured his leg. 3 screws fixed it. I
was chomping at the bit by not going! I'll have my 350x,200x son's 400ex and my 250r that I raced regionally. Later!!

3Razors
01-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Thats really awesome of you guys to be generous like that, but please dont feel obligated. I really want to meet everyone and hangout at such an great event! Cant wait:)

Bigred200
01-20-2006, 01:32 AM
OK guys I'll ask the same ? as BIGE how much does it cost? other then getting there? you know food,sleeping,beer oops soda.....lol...etc how much $$$$$$ do we need to bring?

dizasterzrfun69
01-20-2006, 01:45 AM
OK guys I'll ask the same ? as BIGE how much does it cost? other then getting there? you know food,sleeping,beer oops soda.....lol...etc how much $$$$$$ do we need to bring?

It all depends on what you want to eat/ drink, go to haspinacres.com and it will tell you all about haspin and should have prices. i thinks it's $15 a day per person to ride. they have showers that dont cost anything to use. You camp in a tent, on the ground, in your vehicle, where ever and it doesnt cost. alot of people pack food like cold meat, hot dogs, beer, pop, etc. there isnt much around haspin acres except a gas station i think. the only thing you need to bring money for is to pay "admission" which is $15 a day, buy whatever food and drinks you plan on bringing and then of course you will have to stop and fill a few gas cans so you have enough gas to ride. I think i covered it, if not someone else can chime in and fill in what i missed.

Kevin

dizasterzrfun69
01-20-2006, 01:47 AM
and of course i'd bring a little extra cash incase of vehicle problems etc....

kb200x
01-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey kb 200x,
Had you forgotten your friend across the river? I'll be loading for that trip also!
I'll have to make sure my son doesn't play ball the night before we are to leave.
"05" he played a game over in Baskett and injured his leg. 3 screws fixed it. I
was chomping at the bit by not going! I'll have my 350x,200x son's 400ex and my 250r that I raced regionally. Later!!

Man sounds like that was pretty bad hope he is doing ok now? Im still not sure what i will be taking. The 200x is dead and Im not sure what im going to do with it. Good news on my 350x. The oil leak was only the left case gasket. I've started the year off by adding new 20" kenda vipers new 14 tooth sprocket for the front stock 40 for the rear. new oring chain. New radd carrier. new shock boots. ect... :w00t: Im working on planning a ride down at paddy's there's a several on the board that are close. I'll let you know :beer

MTS
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Yea im comin 07!!! i wish you guys would move TF either a week ahead or a week later....then you would have alot more younger guys im sure cause its RIGHT smak in the middle of Exams...lol

Tri-ZNate
01-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Yea im comin 07!!! i wish you guys would move TF either a week ahead or a week later....then you would have alot more younger guys im sure cause its RIGHT smak in the middle of Exams...lol

Agreed. I guess I'll just take mine early.

Howdy
01-20-2006, 10:30 PM
At the restraunt I ate at today the fella sitting across a few tables from me had a shirt on the said " I was out of sick days so I called in dead".
Perhaps that might be a option for you perhaps not ,,,

john

I have to have a Shirt like that.
Howdy

350Xhilaration
01-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Hope to see you guys there.

As far as "nothing around haspin" That all depends on what road you use to get there. My mpaquest directions had me on some Dukes of Hazzard road that actually had the bridge out with a huge pile of dirt in front of it like a ramp. It was strange. When I found a main road. I saw a grocery store, gas stations, beer joints, and liquor stores all within a few miles of the park.

John, ScottZJ, and everyone else was kind enough last year to hook me up with some food while I was there due to some last minute plan changes. Great bunch of guys. I'll be there every year that I'm able.

Russell 350X
01-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Me and a couple people are planning on coming this year, I always wanted to, but I didnt have my licese nor a good paying summer job. What week in july is it? Because I go to Camp Perry Ohio every year for the smallbore nationals. Hope they dont bump into each other.

Russ

83185s
02-04-2006, 12:19 PM
yea i was wondering when tf06 was also..july sounds great, i dont have to miss school like i wouldve last year i think it was, but i couldnt go last year...that sucked...i dont have my trikes anymore, had to sell them and get a quad..lol a ford truck actually...but i will hopefully have somethin to ride again in the summer so i am making plans on going!

Derrick Adams
02-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Uhh guys, Trikefest is in June. Check the main page for the link to the Brochure.

83185s
02-04-2006, 01:54 PM
well i clicked it but it wont even do anything on my comp, ive got adobe acrobat 6.0, do i need a later version? it doesnt do anything when i click, no screen comes up or anything, its in june..thats better!

Howdy
02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
well i clicked it but it wont even do anything on my comp, ive got adobe acrobat 6.0, do i need a later version? it doesnt do anything when i click, no screen comes up or anything, its in june..thats better!

It's in a PDF file, so it may take a minute or 2 to load before displaying.
Howdy