PDA

View Full Version : Watch out .....Scam on a 185 Frame

Bigbore
01-16-2006, 11:28 AM
This guy is claiming to have a Nicholson Racing Frame... ITS NOT. Its NOT a frame from Hi- Performance ATV either. Its an add on suspension kit to a factory frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-3-wheeler-ATC-185-185s-suspension-SUSPENDED-FRAME_W0QQitemZ4605565496QQcategoryZ43964QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

This is a copy of the email I sent him:
I was the one that e-mailed you yesterday asking for photos. The frame you have is NOT a Nicholson. I know Nick and his frames. Nick’s number is 619-251-9786. Nick’s frames are a single down tube beyond the intersection of the sub frame. Nick’s frames had the foot pegs and the brace bar welded as a part of the frame, your’s is bolted on. Also, the location of the coil bracket isn't right. The seat brace near the back is factory Honda NOT Nicholson. Nick only built frames, he never raced 3 wheelers. Curtis Sparks raced Nicks Frames.

Its also NOT made by Hi-Performance ATV, which is a double down tube frame, similar swingarm though.
I hate to break it to you, you DO have a factory HONDA frame with an add on rear suspension kit. I have photo's of the real deal, if you need them, e-mail me.
Buyer beware.

Vealmonkey
01-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't think the seller is trying to scam anybody, he probably doesn't know what he has. Wouldn't be the first time a seller didn't know what he has.

RedRider_AK
01-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Notice all the "keywords" down at the bottom? I hate people who spam the searches like that.