PDA

View Full Version : if you were to pick where to live???

chris200x
01-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Any where in the world... where would it be?

Can you tell I'm bored and have nothing to do? :lol:

Tri-ZNate
01-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Anywhere around Townsville, Australia. I love that area and Australia always seems to have friendly people everywhere you visit.

bigredhead
01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
some place that never has snow, floods, etc...

Some fancy island with lots of horny tourists would be cool !!!

ScottZJ
01-16-2006, 05:36 PM
I think my first choice would be Frankfurt Germany (to hang with my other side of the family).
Second would have to be Aussie land.....it rocks.

Cody
01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Id pick Germany. I have always wanted to live there. As soon as I join the Army im headin to germany.

Rm250RF900R
01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Either Germany, because my family came from there in the early 1900s. Or, washington state. Love the scenery.

Cody
01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Yea, some of my family came from Germany to. That is why Id move there.

chris200x
01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I hope someday to be living in a van down by the river... :lol:

But if I were to chose it would be either somewhere in the mountians in oregon or montana.

wanta250r
01-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd live in Wyoming or Montana or maybe Idaho.

zeus8807
01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
i love pa, thou i could do without these cold winters:beer nice big house on a few hundred acres of land would be nice too and a 6-7car garage would make it even sweater , lol i hate parking outside, but its either the toys and my shop in the garage or my explorer so yeah, 30 grand worth of quads aint sitting outside:crazy:

atcmatt
01-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Where I am now. I love Aussie! I would love to visit America one day though.

Matt

firefirefire90
01-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Rostorf, in Germany. My Old and BEST home...second comes Geraldton, in Australia...my Other old home...and third Japan. For all them Switchback Mountains to race cars on. Once in Military...Japan here i come! Or Germany....Ich Lieb Doutchland!!!Did i spell it right? hmm...mayeb hong kong, Home Town Babeh!

jjjg-02
01-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Germany is nice, but you give up many of the modern conveniences of America, so it makes it kind of hard. I lived there for two years and it is wonderful, but I didn't see any bikes of any kind (trikes, quads) and not a lot of places to ride them.

BigGreenMachine
01-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Somewhere in the UK where streetfighter bikes are all the rage. But I dream of staying in my home of Newfoundland, with all my salt water joys.

ATC crazy
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Right where I am now. In the mountins of Virginia. Well...I would probably move farther into the mountains...more snow and farther from civilization. A small, 2 bedroom house sitting on a few hundred acres of land would be ideal.
Virginia is very gun friendly, which is one of the reasons I want to stay here. You dont need a CCW to carry a pistol :D

LonesomeTriZ
01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
my dream is to retire in a small southern town that is too small for a Walmart and will have no problem with me riding my YTM to the local diner for breakfast every morning.

G-MAN-1
01-17-2006, 07:54 PM
anywhere down south from new york. this place sucks. south carolina would be kool. just me my son and wife. atv,mx bikes and riding land. away from family and friends. just the 3 of us. hanging and having a good family time..............but anywhere but here....g

MichiganRedneck
01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Alabama. i love that state. REDNECK HEAVEN!!!! :beer

Tri-ZNate
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I have a second choice :D CANADA where the snow never stops :w00t:

trainingwheeler
01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Pa is great no earthquakes (not many) no tornadoes (not many) no hurricanes( not many) nice warm summers , beautiful falls , nice cold snowy winters, nice green & muddy springs..... nice pennsylvania LOAM to shred & the onlything ya really gotta worry about is the god damn terrorist attacks on NYC & DC .............lol lol but seriously i do like PA alot

okieRrider
01-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Oklahoma here, thats where i'm at and have lived all my life. For riding we have 2 state parks that are dunes in the panhadle, straight out flat plain riding in the center and nothing but wooded trails down south.....The best of all worlds right here...Chris

Tap
01-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Im located in southern illinois
so heres a layout of where i live

basically withen 20 miles i can travel to towns with populations as low as 400 to towns with 23,000 just depends on what direction you go lol

St.louis is the nearest big city and its about 2 hours away

Meat-BoX
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Ive been to Newfoundland on several occasions, even 2 summers. Its the Most Chill place Ive ever Been, great People Big Island and hardly any people. Its allso very clean and the crime rate isnt anything that makes me sweat. Every Pond and Stream has Trout in them. To look out you window and see Whales or Bald Eagles all the time makes me so happy. To roll up on a Pack of Whales in a 16' Boat and reach out and Touch them is very special. To feed Bald eagles that are 10-15' above deck fish stuff while hauling nets is just amazing. To sneak off and Jig a Few Cod and pull some seceret lobster traps and chill on an Island off the coast of the Island where people used to live all summer 50 years ago is something else allso. My Wifes family have a Camp on that Island, they are the last people to have a Camp there. To buy 50 acres on the ocean for 10 grand Canadien and put a house or to buy a house on the Ocean for 10-15 grand is nice. Plus they have a Trail System that Crosses the Whole Island, the ultimate 5-7 day Adventure. Its the only place ive ever been that gave me that inner peace we all look for here in the States, and that I have never Found here. I wish I could live there but they wont let me in anymore untill I get some paperwork done. All over a Paper Drivers liscense while waiting for my proper Plastic liscense and a Biotch at the Border. I will be back there again and may never leave.:beer

chris200x
02-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Ive been to Newfoundland on several occasions, even 2 summers. Its the Most Chill place Ive ever Been, great People Big Island and hardly any people. Its allso very clean and the crime rate isnt anything that makes me sweat. Every Pond and Stream has Trout in them. To look out you window and see Whales or Bald Eagles all the time makes me so happy. To roll up on a Pack of Whales in a 16' Boat and reach out and Touch them is very special. To feed Bald eagles that are 10-15' above deck fish stuff while hauling nets is just amazing. To sneak off and Jig a Few Cod and pull some seceret lobster traps and chill on an Island off the coast of the Island where people used to live all summer 50 years ago is something else allso. My Wifes family have a Camp on that Island, they are the last people to have a Camp there. To buy 50 acres on the ocean for 10 grand Canadien and put a house or to buy a house on the Ocean for 10-15 grand is nice. Plus they have a Trail System that Crosses the Whole Island, the ultimate 5-7 day Adventure. Its the only place ive ever been that gave me that inner peace we all look for here in the States, and that I have never Found here. I wish I could live there but they wont let me in anymore untill I get some paperwork done. All over a Paper Drivers liscense while waiting for my proper Plastic liscense and a Biotch at the Border. I will be back there again and may never leave.:beer

Sounds good... let's go! :D

BTW,,, your neck of the woods ain't too bad either. I love upstate new york

69HemiGTX
02-18-2006, 01:20 AM
OkieRrider is right. When I retire from the military, I will be heading back to Oklahoma. There are four seasons, even though Spring is a little short, and the scenery is very different in different parts of the state. The weather is great, and the people are friendly. Also, OKC and Tulsa are beautiful cities that have everything you could want without the massive crowding associated with larger cities. Just like the slogan says, Oklahoma is OK!

chris200x
02-18-2006, 03:06 AM
Oklahoma is nice if you don't mind having your house tore down every couple years from a TORNADO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :D

69HemiGTX
02-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Oklahoma is nice if you don't mind having your house tore down every couple years from a TORNADO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :D

That couldn't be further from the truth. :rolleyes: My 94 year-old granmother has lived in OK for over seventy years, and she has never lost her house. She lived in Wichita before that, and never lost one there, either. Our freinds in OKC have lived in the same house for almost forty years, and the most they have done is put a new roof on it because of its age and a hailstorm. Even the supertwister of 3MAY99 did very little damage to the houses within 1/4 mile of its edge.

chris200x
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Lol... I wasn't being serious but one thing I don't understand is how people could live in mobile homes in tornado alley and down in florida as well... the odds are definitly not in your favor. imo.

Pistonhead
02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Either Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, or one of the nice southern states. I wouldnt wan't to leave Western Canada, however if I do depends on how long the conservatives stay in power.

3 weelin geezer
02-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I would love to live in AZ where they have those really nice mesas (like in the movies) and there is not a soul for as far as you can see even if you get on one of those mesas.

TRI Z Racer
02-19-2006, 01:24 AM

Ill second that! It is beautiful out there

threewheelin-feelin
02-19-2006, 01:38 AM
id like to live in north carlino its where my family is from...and ive always enjoyed vacations there

1984kxtTECATE
02-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Molalla Oregon, wait that is already where i live at. Its a small town sort of on the outskirts to nothing really, its nice and peaceful out there, defiantly dont have to worrie about the neighbors complaing about the sound of a 2 stroke bike.

crackshot
02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I am originally a desert rat and love the desert. Now I am in Snake River Valley about 5000 ft elevation so now it's mountain trail riding and some sand dunes here also.

chris200x
02-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I am originally a desert rat and love the desert. Now I am in Snake River Valley about 5000 ft elevation so now it's mountain trail riding and some sand dunes here also.

I'd love to see some pics of your riding areas.. If you ever get a chance. Well, that goes for any of you guys for that matter...:w00t: :pics:

Billy Golightly
02-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty happy here in Florida but I'm real fond of the Northern GA blue ridge mountain area...very nice up there.

Oldshell4481
02-19-2006, 12:31 PM
yup lets see....one of those small islands down towards the carribean, i love the warm weather, and the ocean, and fishing...i could put up with the occasional hurricane.

DaMadman
02-22-2006, 05:02 PM

I third that. I Currently live in Maryland but own 23 acres in Helena Montana and plan to move there sometime in my not so distant Future